Paige's Availability Today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige's Availability Today

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
My Croatian is a little rusty Steelerone but I think this translates as "Playing at UConn will be great but we must avoid those crazies who call themselves Boneyard people."

Sounds like good advise. :confused:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Nice article by Graham Hays on how Paige's is dealing with all the issues and expectations in taking on the Mantle of UConn's next great player and being at the front of social justice issues

Reaction Score
BostonBay, no one, and let me repeat that for the benefit of our boneyard audience, no one is the next Diana. God made one Grand Canyon and one Diana.
Unless you are a Mexican player then God made only one Copper Canyon
1597160194781.png

Reaction Score
Nice article by Graham Hays on how Paige's is dealing with all the issues and expectations in taking on the Mantle of UConn's next great player and being at the front of social justice issues

Hays spends most of the article talking about BLM.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Adamec's article about Paige and the beginning of her college career.

Reaction Score
My Croatian is a little rusty Steelerone but I think this translates as "Playing at UConn will be great but we must avoid those crazies who call themselves Boneyard people."
Right on everything but the crazy Boneyard people. Eccentric perhaps, maybe even "different", but hey, we all support our ladies.

Reaction Score
There is an saying in the South - Don't put your mouth on it. It makes me nervous to hear too much on the inevitability of Paige's greatness. I'm guilty of having high expectations, but still it gives me pause.
Andone, I think the other, which my Grandmother from Alabama loved to use, was "Don't count your chickens before they're hatched."

Reaction Score
Andone, I think the other, which my Grandmother from Alabama loved to use, was "Don't count your chickens before they're hatched."
I actually added in my post..."or said another way don't count your chickens etc" but deleted that on second thought. While the sayings are very similar, putting your mouth on something is sort of like putting a hex on it. If you say UConn will win the next national championship, you have doomed them to not win the next NC and it is your fault! I'm not sure if thinking something has the same effect.;)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I just got around to watching Paige’s video presser. I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised by her confidence and poise in answering questions from the press. She’s had reporters asking her questions since she was in the 7th grade. But I can’t help but be impressed that a young lady just out of HS has this level of comfort dealing with the media.

Specifically, I thought she handled a challenging question about George Floyd’s death exceptionally well. It’s not the type of question a freshman WBB player typically has to handle in her 1st interaction with reporters. There is much wisdom in this young lady.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom