paige watch | The Boneyard

paige watch

Reaction Score
i am a bit concerned that, now that paige is reasonably healthy, the team is going to revert to where they all just stand around and wait for paige to do something - i saw glimpses of this last night. this might be less of a problem with azzi on the floor, but there are too many talented players on this team for this to happen, especially now.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
i am a bit concerned that, now that paige is reasonably healthy, the team is going to revert to where they all just stand around and wait for paige to do something - i saw glimpses of this last night. this might be less of a problem with azzi on the floor, but there are too many talented players on this team for this to happen, especially now.
Hmmm. I saw Paige distributing the ball to her teammates almost every time she drew heavy coverage, frequently leading them to score.

Doc

Reaction Score
I’m more concerned how Paige looked at the open practice today which was uncomfortable.

Reaction Score
Please let's not create a problem that dosen't exist. Paige is Paige and will always be. But what I saw in Standford game was Paige drawing a lot of defence attention, and then HER dishing to teammates for them to make the play/score. Yes, Paige led the Team in scoring...but with only 14 points...next was Evina at 12, CW at 10, then AE at 9, and Liv and Azzi at 8... very balanced scoring... TEAM basketball. Paige will get her points...as a POY should... but everyone else knows what they can...and need to...do for the TEAM.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Caroline needs to be more involved and active; make plays for herself...like she was when she had her best games.

Reaction Score
Why? The Stanford game showed no signs of that

Reaction Score
I’ll be the third person in just 15 minutes to ask what you’re talking about. What are you talking about ?
She hurt her leg in the last few minutes of yesterday’s game and then banged her knee.

Reaction Score
I don't doubt that she's not 100% right now based on the way she was walking after the game but 85% of Paige is good enough to win it with some help from her friends........

Curiouser
Reaction Score
She hurt her leg in the last few minutes of yesterday’s game and then banged her knee.
Yes, everyone saw that. But then she came back in and seemed fine, and after the game she said she was fine. If she looked uncomfortable in an open practice today I’d expect there to be more than just a vague comment on a message board. No tweets or articles about it?

Reaction Score
I don't think that is a worry. Although after what she did to take over and win the NC State game, I can understand the concern.But last night, it was the late emergence of Williams and Liv that carried the day. Along with the brilliance of Edwards ( despite the occasional brain freeze). We need full throttle best games from everyone tomorrow. Time for AZZI to be flawless ( as she is at the fouls line ). What a great young player. And I would love to see Caroline score a few.

Reaction Score
Paige limped to the bench in Q4 and took some very hard shots throughout the game. I have no doubt that she's sore, bruised and feeling the effects of a hard 30+ minute games against the last 3 opponents. If this was midseason I'd be concerned, but she just needs to make it through one more game. The trainers will work their magic, she will be ready to go, and once the adrenaline takes over she will be just fine.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Please let's not create a problem that dosen't exist. Paige is Paige and will always be. But what I saw in Standford game was Paige drawing a lot of defence attention, and then HER dishing to teammates for them to make the play/score. Yes, Paige led the Team in scoring...but with only 14 points...next was Evina at 12, CW at 10, then AE at 9, and Liv and Azzi at 8... very balanced scoring... TEAM basketball. Paige will get her points...as a POY should... but everyone else knows what they can...and need to...do for the TEAM.
That's true. Look at the box score and you will see that players (Stanford) that usually score a lot of points didn't. Brink and Jones did the bulk of the scoring.

As Haley Jones said in the halftime interview, they were getting the shots they wanted, they just weren't falling. UConn knows THAT feeling. Sometimes your rhythm/touch is off and shots that usually fall don't. You can only pray that doesn't happen in BIG games. :( Of course,
we’re hoping that Paige Christyn and Azzi are in rhythm and on point Sunday.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom