Paige: The Means to an End | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige: The Means to an End

Reaction Score
Well alot of excitement on the board. We've been waiting along time for this day. Lookout here comes tomorrow. Folks tomorrow has arrived. Dont expect a microwave start for Paige and UConn where she pops out on the floor and shes back to her ole self. Expect some hiccups and expect some time for her to get up to speed and for UConn to adjust to her getting back.

Tony, you need to be more optimistic.

I never thought I or anyone would ever say that to you. ;):)

Reaction Score
Paige will probably not be 100% until next season...Azzi and Caroline are still very much in the learning process for college ball. UConn should go far in the NCAA tournament, but South Carolina and Stanford are better teams at the moment. Enjoy what we have and what we get, it will take a bit of luck to win it all.
Even if we grant that they are at the moment, it is not guaranteed that they will remain so by the end of the tournament. Besides, underdogs - should UConn remain so - have overcome the odds and won more often than experts have expected.

But the uplift from the team becoming whole cannot be discounted in its quest for #12. I remain persuaded that they will succeed.

Reaction Score
We now have 3 go to players and 5 players that average double digits.

One of my concerns is that with everything this team has been through I hope they dont revert back to depending on Paige like they did before she was hurt.
Liked your post Tony, a lot. Just would like to make mention of 2 things--2 very minor pints-

1-- We now have "4" "go-to" scorers once Paige is healthy. Paige, Azzi, CWill, and Caroline.

2-- We can't "revert back" because "that team": that started this season pre-Paige injury is not even close to what this team is now. They aren't the same team to revert back to,. Azzi and Caroline were just getting their feet wet. Between Azzi, Caroline, and CWill - no way overall will this team "revert" to that. They might miss shots and could lose etc. Someone might get into foul trouble etc or maybe a team figures a way to prevent Azzi from shooting so maybe she is a willing offensive passer etc but no way will they "revert."
Throw in Dorka as well who was injured early.

In a funny way I think of Caroline telling Paige, Azzi and CWill to get the hell out of her way; she wants to shoot instead!! :)

Reaction Score
tell that to Grant Hill, he got hurt and was never the same.
He was close to losing his life…he ended up with a nasty staph infection that was so bad he went into shock, high fever and convulsion. A lot of things went wrong there.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but Aubrey has missed the whole season, so it's not like we played with her at all. We were never "full" strength which included her all season, but her presence is missed. Get well soon Aubrey.
I share your good wishes for Aubrey. But we must remember the back surgery is not like repairing an ACL. Depending on what they found ( and did ) she may, or may not, have basketball in her future. We an only hope for the best and that the best is what she wants.

Reaction Score
Liked your post Tony, a lot. Just would like to make mention of 2 things--2 very minor pints-

1-- We now have "4" "go-to" scorers once Paige is healthy. Paige, Azzi, CWill, and Caroline.

2-- We can't "revert back" because "that team": that started this season pre-Paige injury is not even close to what this team is now. They aren't the same team to revert back to,. Azzi and Caroline were just getting their feet wet. Between Azzi, Caroline, and CWill - no way overall will this team "revert" to that. They might miss shots and could lose etc. Someone might get into foul trouble etc or maybe a team figures a way to prevent Azzi from shooting so maybe she is a willing offensive passer etc but no way will they "revert."
Throw in Dorka as well who was injured early.

In a funny way I think of Caroline telling Paige, Azzi and CWill to get the hell out of her way; she wants to shoot instead!! :)
The team was developing so well that they might have gotten to the final four ( or further) without Paige. But I wonder about South Carolina. And don't go to sleep on Stanford, just because we never see them play.

Reaction Score
Anybody else notice Paige's hospital bracelet? I had noticed it last game and she still wore it at the beginning of last night's game. Seems like she ripped away the injury when she discarded the bracelet before entering the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom