Paige signs NIL deal with Bose | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige signs NIL deal with Bose

Reaction Score
Most large offers are generally known thru industries as being the norm in $ amounts. There are only a few athletes who command high compensation in endorsements. Either you have your client under contract or you don't, there is no competition or privileged information when the industry knows the going rate. Agents, lawyers and other representatives speak to each all the time. If you are asking weather I have seen copies of all her contracts, the answer is no, and neither have my friends. One owns his own company and one works for another. They both represent many people in the entertainment and sports industries.

Reaction Score
I can only speak for myself of course. I’ve never had any Bose speakers I was unhappy with. High quality greaty sound. Bose products are not cheap, but probably pale in comparison to other ultra high end speakers. I’m conditioned. When I want/need speakers or earbuds, I think Bose. ;)
They are master marketers, but have you ever seen them publish detailed specs or response graphs? Have you seen real critical reviews of their products? The noise cancelling headphones are the only product that has seen the best reviews - but still far from state-of-the-art.

Reaction Score
I don't claim to be an audiophile but I am aware of high end audio products from numerous manufacturers.

Bose products are well made and are produced in attractive and convenient form factors. For their price they produce (to my ears) good if not great sound, if on the bass heavy side (which would appeal to the "kids" in college who are all about the beat and dancing). For people who truly appreciate great sound over a wide range of genre's or if you are looking for the best reproduction of sonically challenging music than yes, there are better choices.

Like many esoteric things, what is "best" is in the ear of the beholder.

sun

Reaction Score
Most large offers are generally known thru industries as being the norm in $ amounts. There are only a few athletes who command high compensation in endorsements. Either you have your client under contract or you don't, there is no competition or privileged information when the industry knows the going rate. Agents, lawyers and other representatives speak to each all the time. If you are asking weather I have seen copies of all her contracts, the answer is no, and neither have my friends. One owns his own company and one works for another. They both represent many people in the entertainment and sports industries.
Thank you.
I suppose that there could also be other companies with similar offers besides Nike whether she signs with them or not.
I've been reading how Nike fell out of favor with some WBB players over the years which Nike has been working to correct.
But I guess the reality is that some offer is bound to exert a lot of financial incentive to lure Paige to turn pro.
I don't know if that's considered to be tampering or not, or even if there's any such thing as tampering.
But if it happens to Paige then it could also be likely that it will happen to Azzi too.
Even just the rumor of being offered a multi-million Dollar & nearly career long deal when they turn pro could be enough to cause any top athlete to leave school with eligibility remaining.

If Paige leaves after next year, the reality is that she'll barely have more than 2 years of WCBB experience under her belt, without much of a track record of other than being able to stay healthy & injury free for 1/2 the time.
I can't help but wonder whether that could throw a monkey wrench into the works for a 10 year Nike contract.
And then there's the issue of her dealing with the pressure to become an All-American again on a UConn team that's changing personnel with another crop of young players, any other yet to be injured UConn vets, and also without this year's graduating seniors when she returns.

With all of those variables, maybe there's still some wiggle room for Paige to consider staying at UConn for '24-'25 depending on how well she & UConn performs in '23-'24, and how healthy she can remain next year.
And there's also her own goals & motives besides Nike, considering how other prominent women athletes have turned down endorsement deals with them citing professional conflicts of interest.
IMO there sure are a lot of pieces to the puzzle yet to be sorted out before Paige leaves UConn after only playing a little more than 2 healthy years out of high school.
We'll need to wait & see and hope for the best performance possible next year for both Paige & UConn WBB.
It would all seem to be about as certain as flipping a coin and calling heads or tails.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Have you considered the risk of a career ending injury by staying at UConn for a 5th year ? I'm sure she and her advisers have. Her marketing value and basketball talent have already been established .

sun

Reaction Score
Have you considered the risk of a career ending injury by staying at UConn for a 5th year ? I'm sure she and her advisers have. Her marketing value and basketball talent have already been established .
Paige may possibly lack proven durability.
A sponsor would want a star that can stay on the court and play the game for multiple seasons without severe injuries.
It's not only about what Paige wants, but about what the corporate sponsor wants and expects for their long term investment.
If Paige becomes more irrelevant due to injuries, that won't help her superstar status at all and can detract from her marketability.
Azzi is in a similar boat with her foot problem which so far hasn't had anywhere near as severe an impact.
But I'll bet that potential sponsors are watching and evaluating her health issues too.
Don't forget that elite athletes have injury insurance to protect their future earnings potential should they become injured in the NCAA before being drafted into the pros.
Paige and Azzi proabably have that coverage even though it's quite expensive.
They also may need to prove that they have among the highest draft values to be worthy of true superstar status.
I doubt that anything is automatic until the contract is signed because stuff can happen that can change the big picture.
The value of some top athletes have fallen before due to a late season injury which affected them being drafted.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm confused (my typical state). Doesn't Page actually have 3 years of eligibility left?
I mean, didn't they throw the Covid year out?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom