Paige signs NIL deal with Bose | The Boneyard

Paige signs NIL deal with Bose

Reaction Score
Paige is doing great. We all are happy for her. These are sizable, quality deals. College is a profitable place for Paige. She might want to consider this a red shirt year and stay 2 more years!

Reaction Score
Good for Paige! I could use some new headphones. Do you think the BYers will qualify for a PB discount?

mash up parody GIF

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Paige is doing great. We all are happy for her. These are sizable, quality deals. College is a profitable place for Paige. She might want to consider this a red shirt year and stay 2 more years!
She can play 2 years with Azzi. The WNBA is going to be there whenever she gets there. Once you leave college, you can't go back. Enjoy the experience while you can. Wouldn't it be nice if she and Azzi could graduate and go to the W at the same time? Two cracks at a NC with both healthy and available I think would be fruitful.

Reaction Score
Bose speakers are THE BEST!!! The only kind I buy. ;)
I don't know much about the more recent stuff, but I have a set of original 601s that I got in '82 that I love.
Took a bit of fussing with stands to get them off the floor a bit, but the sound is just so 'full'.
Interesting NIL deal, will be interesting to see what they work out as far as promos, etc.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I wish it were at least Klipsch, but Bose is the biggest and they make earbuds so...congrats.

Reaction Score
Bose has been around for a long time (most of my life) and is among the best of the mass-market audio brands. Their direct/reflecting speaker systems were very innovative. My last 2 cars were equipped with Bose audio systems. I bought my father a Bose CD player 25 years ago and he thought it was heaven. But while a D2 basketball game can be very watchable there's no comparing it to top D1 play. Elite level audio comes from companies most have never heard of. The sound reproduction they can achieve is incredible. Stuff I own that is 40 or more years old is still used daily.
Here's a site that buys and sells this stuff and I doubt you would find any Bose equipment. I have always loved my music but my budget was limited so my equipment flirts at the lower end of "audiophile" and I bought most of it used. I like to read their forum. Not as much fun as this one but funny in it's own way.

https://www.audiogon.com/

Reaction Score
I wish it were at least Klipsch, but Bose is the biggest and they make earbuds so...congrats.
I do too, have some awesome older Klipsch horn speaker but I also have some Bose over the ear headphones that are pretty sweet for mowing the lawn and weed whacking.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Bose has been around for a long time (most of my life) and is among the best of the mass-market audio brands. Their direct/reflecting speaker systems were very innovative. My last 2 cars were equipped with Bose audio systems. I bought my father a Bose CD player 25 years ago and he thought it was heaven. But while a D2 basketball game can be very watchable there's no comparing it to top D1 play. Elite level audio comes from companies most have never heard of. The sound reproduction they can achieve is incredible. Stuff I own that is 40 or more years old is still used daily.
Here's a site that buys and sells this stuff and I doubt you would find any Bose equipment. I have always loved my music but my budget was limited so my equipment flirts at the lower end of "audiophile" and I bought most of it used. I like to read their forum. Not as much fun as this one but funny in it's own way.

https://www.audiogon.com/
Agree about Bose I have had two sets of Bose speakers while they are good they never held a candle to my JBL speakers. All 5 which are over 50 years old I have 2 L300's and 3 4350"s. Bose has nothing that compares. I don't know ear buds from ear muffs but would guess that Bose buds would be good although overpriced. I guess they need the money to pay Paige and Azzi.

Reaction Score
Carnac, Paige will graduate next year , Azzi the year after. As I have stated numerous times her current endorsement contracts don't expire when she turns Pro. I also stated she is projected to have in revenue 1.5/ 1.6 million this year and 2 million her senior year. Nike has an apparel deal offer for 5 million, the minute she turns pro/ according to sports agents who are friends, which is for 10 years / 50 million. I doubt she would put her life on hold at almost 23 years of age to continue to entertain us.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I'll stick with my 1992 KEFs, thank you. View attachment 79171
I've heard so many KEF's over the years, including all iterations of their Blade series. A terrific company that makes great, musical speakers of all types for all types of ears. I didn't know you had KEF's. The more you learn the less you know.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I do too, have some awesome older Klipsch horn speaker but I also have some Bose over the ear headphones that are pretty sweet for mowing the lawn and weed whacking.
Which model?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I have a pair of Bose wireless earbuds that have the MOST UNBELIEVABLE sound. But their bluetooth is crap, it frequently drops out from my phone when the phone is in my pocket. It's better with my tablet, but I'm not about to strap that on to go out in the yard and work.

The other great thing about Bose earbuds is that they stay put better than any others I've owned. Yard work, marathons, it doesn't matter; they always stay put.

For speakers, I have a set a friend made in the 70's. They were great, but when he made external -12 dB/octave crossovers for them, they became the best I've heard. He found a pair of (Boston Acoustic?) at a yard sale that he thought he might like better, but had some blown drivers. I said if they were close, I'd buy him new drivers and he could keep whichever pair of speakers he liked better. Worked out for both of us; he got his new ones for $20 and I got his old ones for about 200.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Carnac, Paige will graduate next year , Azzi the year after. As I have stated numerous times her current endorsement contracts don't expire when she turns Pro. I also stated she is projected to have in revenue 1.5/ 1.6 million this year and 2 million her senior year. Nike has an apparel deal offer for 5 million, the minute she turns pro/ according to sports agents who are friends, which is for 10 years / 50 million. I doubt she would put her life on hold at almost 23 years of age to continue to entertain us.

Her goals extend past UConn and I expect her to be there after the 23 wcbb season. But as a purely busuiness POV UConn is a much more well known label than any WNBA team and she will do more for the financial success of the WNBA than they will do for her. The 200K they will offer her will be chump change. She will go to play with the best.
I remember Maya getting a million to play in China 10 years ago. Bueckers could be offered $3M+. But does she want to play 11 months a year?

JMO: The WNBA is easily the most talented league in the world, but with a 3 month season and 3 week preseason it is an exhibition league. If the WNBA was a year-long job like most men's pro leagues the quality of play would be worthy of the talent. And worth more money.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Almost all audiophiles and sound aficionados disagree, but We are happy for Paige:p
I can only speak for myself of course. I’ve never had any Bose speakers I was unhappy with. High quality greaty sound. Bose products are not cheap, but probably pale in comparison to other ultra high end speakers. I’m conditioned. When I want/need speakers or earbuds, I think Bose. ;)

Carnac

Reaction Score
Well.......when you put it like that, I can’t disagree. Money talks.......

sun

Reaction Score
Unless the sports agents are merely speculating because it's not 1st hand knowledge.
Is that a possibility that it's only speculation?
When you say "friends" rather than "a friend", it sure sounds like speculation rather than 1st hand knowledge.
Because why would Nike want to create such a rumor by leaking the details to more than one agent?
That wouldn't seem like a good business practice to let such a high level intention to get leaked to more agents than those with a need to know.
I can only guess that they would both need to work for the same agency or something like that for both of them to have enough confidentiality to be able to share privileged information, rather than to be able to obtain it independently.
Such as a rumor.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom