Paige Signs New NIL Deal | The Boneyard

Paige Signs New NIL Deal

Reaction Score
I wonder if a player on UCONN can sign an NIL deal with UNDER ARMOUR?

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Raining Money GIF by stellar247

Reaction Score
The better question is how many years is the contract..

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Another reason to stay one more year and play with her best friend.
Also
In WCBB there are a few ladies who talk the 'Mamba ball' but there are only two who play "mamba' ball and Paige is the best. It's a natural fit.

Reaction Score
Also
In WCBB there are a few ladies who talk the 'Mamba ball' but there are only two who play "mamba' ball and Paige is the best. It's a natural fit.

What’s the reason? Her NIL deals follow her the the W

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
What’s the reason? Her NIL deals follow her the the W
No 'need' to go pro with a substantial income. She is free to play where here heart is and I'm hoping she wants two healthy years together. Of course I remember the fast one Red Auerbach played recruiting Larry Bird. Some enterprising GM might want to try for a Paige/Azzi reunion.

Reaction Score
No 'need' to go pro with a substantial income. She is free to play where here heart is and I'm hoping she wants two healthy years together. Of course I remember the fast one Red Auerbach played recruiting Larry Bird. Some enterprising GM might want to try for a Paige/Azzi reunion.

Can't. When you declare for the WNBA draft you immediately lose your remaining ncaa eligibility. Bird got drafted then played his senior year and then signed with Boston before the next draft, where the Celtics got McHale.

Reaction Score
What if she wants to live the life of an adult and not under the thumb of UConn? What if at age 23-24 she's tired of playing school and having to go to study hall when she could be out doing what she wants?

sun

Reaction Score
What if she wants to live the life of an adult and not under the thumb of UConn? What if at age 23-24 she's tired of playing school and having to go to study hall when she could be out doing what she wants?
She hasn't even played 1.5 years in college, and only 2.5 after this season.
So far she's been injured more than she's played.
IMO she needs to show to her young fans that she can stay healthy.
Taurasi & Bird have commented that NIL allows players to play longer in college & to earn more money because rookie pay is so low.
The college NIL targets the youth demographic & she's been making commercials with Azzi too.
NCAA players get more publicity & TV time than the pros do to grow their personal brand.
It just seems like a homey thought to imagine that she'll stay to leave her mark on the program & to maximize the greatness of her youth.
Otherwise she's just passing through the program.
I think she wants to be a Husky great & to help her teammates to be great to.
UConn gives her a lot to look forward to.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
She hasn't even played 1.5 years in college, and only 2.5 after this season.
So far she's been injured more than she's played.
IMO she needs to show to her young fans that she can stay healthy.
Taurasi & Bird have commented that NIL allows players to play longer in college & to earn more money because rookie pay is so low.
The college NIL targets the youth demographic & she's been making commercials with Azzi too.
NCAA players get more publicity & TV time than the pros do to grow their personal brand.
It just seems like a homey thought to imagine that she'll stay to leave her mark on the program & to maximize the greatness of her youth.
Otherwise she's just passing through the program.
I think she wants to be a Husky great & to help her teammates to be great to.
UConn gives her a lot to look forward to.

All that is true. On the other side:

The WNBA is the pinnacle of womens basketball, the ultimate challenge. Bueckers is all about challenges and she now understands how a player's career can end.

I'm hoping she stays though. :)

Reaction Score
Also
Don't agree with you on only 2 because there is so much more Mamba Mentality player at the college level.

Reaction Score
Can't. When you declare for the WNBA draft you immediately lose your remaining ncaa eligibility. Bird got drafted then played his senior year and then signed with Boston before the next draft, where the Celtics got McHale.
This is incorrect. Charisma Osborne renounced her draft entry 8 days after declaring for it this past spring.

Reaction Score
You undersell this. The Celtics had the number one pick and Warriors had the 3rd pick. The Celtics traded their 1st for the Warriors pick which was McHale but they also received another player in the trade , Robert Parish. And Joe Barry Carroll was a fine player he wasn’t McHale or Parish.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom