Paige out today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige out today

Reaction Score
No doubt, Nika will start today and we will see allot of Mir McLean over the next couple of games. (PS - Isn't Saylor Poffenbarger eligible to play starting in the Arkansas Game?)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Don’t know when exactly Anna was injured. She played only 12 minutes vs TN, including a few minutes late in the game when Paige got her ankle taped. As far as I could tell she was not injured during the game. Wondering if she was injured in practice yesterday?

Reaction Score
I think Asjha played in every game while at UConn
Agree. These are "kids". Kids play if they can. We're not talking about the Brooklyn Nets. Does Kyrie take a day off?
Kids play if they can play! Games are easier than practices. I'm bummed. I want Paige to play 40 minutes every game. When I was a college kid, when the coach closed the gym to give us a break, we snuck in and played. Hope Paige is good!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Nika Muhl has made one shot in her college career, don't be silly
If Nika is playing the point, she should be dishing out the ball to the scorers and take less than 10 shots (unless she makes 6 or 7 of those 10).

Reaction Score
Nika Muhl has made one shot in her college career, don't be silly
Why would it be "silly" to start Nika? She's a point guard who's had a rough start. Against a team like Georgetown, it might give her the confidence she needs to play better. No better time than today to find out. Don't want to find out at a crucial moment if you need Nika.

Reaction Score
With both Paige and Anna unavailable, I think Geno will start Evina (PG), Christyn, Aubrey, Aaliyah, and Olivia. That will allow all the starters to play in positions where they are comfortable, and puts the biggest adjustment burden on Evina, who is up to it. Mir may be the first player off the bench, and Nika will get significant minutes but will not be expected to bear a major load. It is even possible that Piath will get some non-garbage minutes if there is foul trouble in the starting front court.

After the TN game, Aaliyah deserves the reward of starting under these conditions.
She deserves it!
IMO Geno's emphasis today is running the offense, since they struggled with that at Tenn. I say he goes smaller, so as to set that tone. Start Nika? Aaliyah should get major minutes though. We shall see. 30 minutes away!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
This is a great opportunity for Anna and Nika to get on track. We need them

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
This is a great opportunity for Anna and Nika to get on track. We need them
Anna is out indefinitely, lower leg issue. Has a separate thread.

Reaction Score
Don't be shocked if he starts Nika today to see how she handles it against a weak opponent.

Reaction Score
Paige has a walking boot and Anna has a stiff bigger boot so suggests Anna is worse (also why she’s listed as out indefinitely) whereas Paige is just out today as far as we know

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
With both Paige and Anna unavailable, I think Geno will start Evina (PG), Christyn, Aubrey, Aaliyah, and Olivia. That will allow all the starters to play in positions where they are comfortable, and puts the biggest adjustment burden on Evina, who is up to it. Mir may be the first player off the bench, and Nika will get significant minutes but will not be expected to bear a major load. It is even possible that Piath will get some non-garbage minutes if there is foul trouble in the starting front court.

After the TN game, Aaliyah deserves the reward of starting under these conditions.

Even with two players out today, Geno still has more than enough talent available to get the job done. I'd like to see about 12 minutes of Autumn today. Out of curiosity, I want to see what she can do against a division 1 opponent. I doubt seriously if any of her teammates would begrudge her the opportunity. Say from mid 3rd quarter to the end of the game. Give her enough time to break a sweat and get a feel for the game.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Paige has a walking boot and Anna has a stiff bigger boot so suggests Anna is worse (also why she’s listed as out indefinitely) whereas Paige is just out today as far as we know
Not the dreaded Achilles I hope.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Don’t know when exactly Anna was injured. She played only 12 minutes vs TN, including a few minutes late in the game when Paige got her ankle taped. As far as I could tell she was not injured during the game. Wondering if she was injured in practice yesterday?

Anna's gait looked off the other night. A slight limp.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom