Paige mic'd up at practice | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige mic'd up at practice

Reaction Score
Everytime that I see Geno, he adds a pound or two more, I hope that he loses a couple for his own health.

When I watch him during the games, sometimes I think that he is going to have a heart attack and leave us right in the middle of a game. Is he 65?

Reaction Score
Everytime that I see Geno, he adds a pound or two more, I hope that he loses a couple for his own health.

When I watch him during the games, sometimes I think that he is going to have a heart attack and leave us right in the middle of a game. Is he 65?
Geno is 67. He just has to make it a few more years til retirement.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
She has such an infectious, likable, personality - and the "Meadowlark" tag fits her perfectly. :D
The thing is Paige is really comfortable in her own skin. She just enjoys life no matter where she is or what she’s doing. That’s what makes her so engaging.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Consider that with Paige’s constant chatter, there is precious little room for Caroline or anyone else to get a word in.
there's another important ingredient provided by nika -- a complementary/counter to prevent boredom setting in

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Absolutely true. While many BY’ers debate whether or not Paige is a legend yet, the GOAT, after watching Paige play only one game, came away with the impression that, “She’s already the best player in basketball.” DT subsequently told her spouse Penny, texted Geno and did a short video attesting to that opinion.

I guess it takes one to know one.
Did she call her a legend?

Reaction Score
When I was a kid in grade school I used to pluck bees off flowers by their wings, which they always had folded behind them while they were on the flower. No problem until one ginormous bumblebee wriggled free and swung around and stung me on the tip of my index figure. I deserved it. That was the last time I plucked bees off flowers.
You encountered a plucked off bee.

Reaction Score
I’m just guessing it means more to Paige to be called “the best player in basketball” by DT than being called a “legend” on the BY.
Good answer. For now.

W

wolfe613

I’m just guessing it means more to Paige to be called “the best player in basketball” by DT than being called a “legend” on the BY.
and on the contrary Sue Bird said to settle down and that in Uconn her status will be judged by the titles she wins

Reaction Score
and on the contrary Sue Bird said to settle down and that in Uconn her status will be judged by the titles she wins
And Sue is a legend in the boneyard and Basketball. She would know.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Yes, I found the contrast between Sue & DT to be interesting. Sue is a little more protective of days gone by. At the time, I stated the same thing I stated earlier today, “Teams win titles,” and Sue was part of 2 national championship teams who were loaded with AA’s.

DT won 3 championships, two of which were on relatively average teams as UConn teams go. She knows exactly how difficult it is to carry the burden of being the very best player on a team that required her very best to win championships. In Paige, DT recognizes a remarkable talent like her own, and she’s not too proud to pass on the mantle of greatness to a worthy successor.

W

wolfe613

Yes, I found the contrast between Sue & DT to be interesting. Sue is a little more protective of days gone by. At the time, I stated the same thing I stated earlier today, “Teams win titles,” and Sue was part of 2 national championship teams who were loaded with AA’s.

DT won 3 championships, two of which were on relatively average teams as UConn teams go. She knows exactly how difficult it is to carry the burden of being the very best player on a team that required her very best to win championships. In Paige, DT recognizes a remarkable talent like her own, and she’s not too proud to pass on the mantle of greatness to a worthy successor.
reason I don't jump the gun is cause of a player like Katie Lou Samuelson. I mentioned it before but I will never forget the USF game where I think she was perfect from 3 and could hit everything. After that game I thought she'd lead Uconn every year to the title game and maybe win multiple ntl titles. It never came out to be that way losing all 3 Final four games.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
reason I don't jump the gun is cause of a player like Katie Lou Samuelson. I mentioned it before but I will never forget the USF game where I think she was perfect from 3 and could hit everything. After that game I thought she'd lead Uconn every year to the title game and maybe win multiple ntl titles. It never came out to be that way losing all 3 Final four games.
I have to point out that it’s really unfair to tag any one player with the responsibility of winning championships for their team. Lou’s team won a championship when she was sitting on the bench with a boot on. Her other 3 seasons at UConn she was a 1st Team AA, on a team that lost in 3 straight national semifinals, 2 in OT.

Team sports are littered with the names of great, even legendary players who never won a championship: Dan Marino in football, Ernie Banks in baseball, Marcel Dionne in hockey. When it comes to basketball there is a lengthy list of HOF superstars: Barkley, Malone, Stockton, Iverson, Ewing, Gervin, Baylor & Wilkins, none of whom ever won a championship.

W

wolfe613

I have to point out that it’s really unfair to tag any one player with the responsibility of winning championships for their team. Lou’s team won a championship when she was sitting on the bench with a boot on. Her other 3 seasons at UConn she was a 1st Team AA, on a team that lost in 3 straight national semifinals, 2 in OT.

Team sports are littered with the names of great, even legendary players who never won a championship: Dan Marino in football, Ernie Banks in baseball, Marcel Dionne in hockey. When it comes to basketball there is a lengthy list of HOF superstars: Barkley, Malone, Stockton, Iverson, Ewing, Gervin, Baylor & Wilkins, none of whom ever won a championship.
no trust me I agree but that's what the narrative will be if she doesn't win one. The people expecting her to win tho 3 or 4 are just unrealistic

Reaction Score

Did those guys go to UConn?

Reaction Score

Agreed. Hypothetically if Williams and Arike didn’t hit those buzzer beaters and Uconn won 3 championships, would Lou and Pheesa atomically become Legendary? I think the team titles is an important aspect, but you can’t base it all on that. Personal achievement is a big part of it as well.

Maya is unquestionably one of the best ever, and she never won any major championships without stellar supporting casts. Charles in college and Augustus, Whalen, Fowles and Brunson in the W.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
no trust me I agree but that's what the narrative will be if she doesn't win one. The people expecting her to win tho 3 or 4 are just unrealistic
Maybe so. I would love to see her win just one. If she doesn’t, I will enjoy every single minute of watching her play, because a talent like Paige Bueckers is something that doesn’t come around very often.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Hypothetically if Williams and Arike didn’t hit those buzzer beaters and Uconn won 3 championships, would Lou and Pheesa atomically become Legendary? I think the team titles is an important aspect, but you can’t base it all on that. Personal achievement is a big part of it as well.

Maya is unquestionably one of the best ever, and she never won any major championships without stellar supporting casts. Charles in college and Augustus, Whalen, Fowles and Brunson in the W.
Yes.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Bascom is legendary because Geno says so. The other two aren’t legends
Let’s get beyond the “legend” designation which is both arbitrary and clearly in the eyes of the beholder. There are lots of great players who never won a championship. Some of them actually played and are playing at UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom