Paige may already be attracting folks who normally don't watch women's basketball | The Boneyard

Paige may already be attracting folks who normally don't watch women's basketball

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
The first video is from a person who admittedly does not watch women's basketball. But he just watched all of Paige's first two games with a critical eye and bothered to put this video together with analysis. Sees Paige as a superstar.
The second video I like just because he not only sees Paige as a superstar but as a WNBA superstar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAh70lAjKzU

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Sent to my Brother who lives in Australia. Thought he would enjoy a fellow Aussie commentary. Not a big WBB fan but was very impressed with Paige.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It won’t happen until next season, but it will be interesting to see how The Paige Bueckers Phenomenon impacts attendance, both at home as well as as on the road. I’m betting that tickets to UConn WBB are going to be one hot commodity.

Reaction Score
It won’t happen until next season, but it will be interesting to see how The Paige Bueckers Phenomenon impacts attendance, both at home as well as as on the road. I’m betting that tickets to UConn WBB are going to be one hot commodity.

Especially on the road in a new conference. Can you imagine the crowd to see us at say, Butler?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Especially on the road in a new conference. Can you imagine the crowd to see us at say, Butler?
Actually, I was thinking about the crowd at the Marquette game next year. It’s only a 5 hr drive from Paige’s hometown, and if her HS games are any indication, several thousand Minnesotans will make the trip.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
I remember well the years the wife and I sat on bleachers at Gampel as well as nose bleed sections of the Civic center. We were fortunate to have those seats. We had a "connection" with a UConn alum who provide us those season tickets. It was impossible to get tickets to UConn Women and Men's games without some avenue of access. We are not alum and do not have the resources to "donate" an amount required to get tickets. Driving home to Portland, Ct with a backache was well worth the discomfort. I dare say I will never sit on a bleacher again. Yes, I agree that seats may become scarce again, once attendance is allowed. Not seeing all the home games is one of the few things we miss, living here.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I really liked the video (and the accent) until near the end when he said "generational player". The Boneyard has ruined that descriptor for me.

I was surprised that the video did not include what I think was Paige's best play this season -- the end-of-3rd-quarter coast-to-coast drive in about 5 seconds.

The video reminded me that she is 19 years old. Will she be tempted to leave after 3 years? Hope not ...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Probably already planning her Senior home game at Whelan's MN. Might get a smattering of boos
I suspect more than a smattering. Her UConn announcement resulted in a fair amount of unfair, nasty comments. Whelan spoiled them.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I really liked the video (and the accent) until near the end when he said "generational player". The Boneyard has ruined that descriptor for me.

I was surprised that the video did not include what I think was Paige's best play this season -- the end-of-3rd-quarter coast-to-coast drive in about 5 seconds.

The video reminded me that she is 19 years old. Will she be tempted to leave after 3 years? Hope not ...
Just my $.02, but I think it's more likely she stays 5 years than 3 - the idea of trying to win 5 NC's, or if they don't win this year, then 4, and playing with her bestie Azzi for 4 years is quite a temptation...

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
The first video is from a person who admittedly does not watch women's basketball. But he just watched all of Paige's first two games with a critical eye and bothered to put this video together with analysis. Sees Paige as a superstar.
The second video I like just because he not only sees Paige as a superstar but as a WNBA superstar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAh70lAjKzU

Great stuff but I can't believe he has not followed WCBB too many stats, past references and other statements.

Reaction Score
I can’t stop talking or thinking about this team. Everyone I’m in contact with, from Connecticut and Vermont to Kansas City, knows the name Paige Bueckers now. If they roll their eyes, I say Taurasi, Maya, and Stewey. It’s a sense we know well. Have a scan in 2 hours to do with Stage 4 cancer...but It’s the last thing I’m focused on. Happily thinking UConn at 6 pm...hour earlier than my friends and their snow.

Reaction Score
Actually, I was thinking about the crowd at the Marquette game next year. It’s only a 5 hr drive from Paige’s hometown, and if her HS games are any indication, several thousand Minnesotans will make the trip.
You betcha

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
I can’t stop talking or thinking about this team. Everyone I’m in contact with, from Connecticut and Vermont to Kansas City, knows the name Paige Bueckers now. If they roll their eyes, I say Taurasi, Maya, and Stewey. It’s a sense we know well. Have a scan in 2 hours to do with Stage 4 cancer...but It’s the last thing I’m focused on. Happily thinking UConn at 6 pm...hour earlier than my friends and their snow.
I'm with you, as a 2 time cancer survivor any diversion is welcome, and the lady Huskies are my favorites. I have my next scan Jan 12th. this one is for esophageal cancer 5 years going on 6. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Reaction Score
Teal
I suspect more than a smattering. Her UConn announcement resulted in a fair amount of unfair, nasty comments. Whelan spoiled them.
[/QUOTE
Sending good thoughts your way Blueconn.

Reaction Score
I'm with you, as a 2 time cancer survivor any diversion is welcome, and the lady Huskies are my favorites. I have my next scan Jan 12th. this one is for esophageal cancer 5 years going on 6. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Pulling for ya Moose....! :)

Reaction Score
I am 30 years removed from brain surgery for tumor resection.
I highly endorse watching UCONN women being "bad fpr women's basketball" as a positive recovery method. It was part of my motivation after 35 days of no aggressive movements. In the next two months I was able to score 273 points out of a maximum of 300 points on the US Navy's semi-annual Physical Readiness test, which put in the top 5% of all onboard NTC Orlando. The Command was going to allow me to take a waiver due to the closeness in time to the brain surgery, but I refused the waiver.
But in the Nuclear Navy, "no good deed goes unpunished," and the Navy Inspector General ordered an inspection two weeks later of the Orlando area commands, with their choice of personnel to reinspect with their observers present, and I, of course was on the list of "must shows for mandatory fun." So three weeks of workout time got me to 282 out of 300. I lost all eight points on the 1.5 mile run, as I maxed out the push-ups and sit-ups {that are more like crunches}, and was one of two that actually improved their scores >450 did not improve but only lost 5 or less at our Command, so we passed with flying colors. One month later, I was playing center blocker at the South Atlantic Regionals in Volleyball for the third year in arow (the only one on my team to achieve this feat).
Seeing UCONN play hard, and at a speed faster than all their opposition was personally motivating for me. Besides that, my wife (now of 34 years) is from Connecticut and her God-daughter graduated from UCONN in the same year as Stewie, Tuck, & Mo Jefferson made it 4 for 4 in NCs. Go Huskies!!!!

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I used to only watch the women when they played a team that was ranked high - Tenn, ND, Nova, Baylor, S.Carolina. I’ve watched 3 games already this year and plan to watch as many as possible. Part of the reason is the men’s games being canceled, and part of the reason is Paige.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Best wishes!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Paige has 617K Instagram followers.

By way of comparison:

Haley Jones 13K

Fran Belibi 30K

Aari McDonald 7K

But Hailey Van Lith has 621K!
“Van Lith!”
(Said like Jerry saying “Newman!” on Seinfeld.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom