Paige looks like she is already recruiting. | The Boneyard

Paige looks like she is already recruiting.

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20190723-100847_Instagram.jpg

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Oh that the basketball Gods would smile down upon UConn once more the next two recruiting years for one final 4 year run before Geno retires.
No, I'm quite sure that...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Everyone wants to play with a player who can drop incredible dimes on her teammates like she’s passing out sticks of chewing gum.
you would certainly think so....just waiting for the Bueckers recruiting effect to begin........
While I agree in theory OD, I have to agree with Charlie thus far on this one. Having said that, there is a TON of recruiting left to be done.

When we landed Jefferson, many said the same thing - who wouldn't want to play with a player who ended up being the best PG in WCBB and one of the top 10 all time at UCONN? Maybe it was the Stewie effect, but the following year, all we landed was Chong. After that, Williams and Nurse (certainly a great class). It wasn't until the 3rd year that we added Lou and Pheesa (a post player).

I don't know what the Bueckers effect will be - but at this point, we have a TON of guards and wings, and some really really good ones at that. So her effect will pretty much be judged mostly on the post players who decide to come (and of course Fudd, which would be the biggest effect of all)...

Reaction Score
Oh that the basketball Gods would smile down upon UConn once more the next two recruiting years for one final 4 year run before Geno retires. Ask not, want not.
I am passing out guarantees!! Before Geno RETIRES, in 7 to 20 years, he shall--notice the choice of shall--he shall bring home 5, count them 5, NC's. There is no guarantee this year but don't be surprised should that happen. The MASTER HAS RETURNED!!! I'm taking all bets.

Reaction Score
While I agree in theory OD, I have to agree with Charlie thus far on this one. Having said that, there is a TON of recruiting left to be done.

When we landed Jefferson, many said the same thing - who wouldn't want to play with a player who ended up being the best PG in WCBB and one of the top 10 all time at UCONN? Maybe it was the Stewie effect, but the following year, all we landed was Chong. After that, Williams and Nurse (certainly a great class). It wasn't until the 3rd year that we added Lou and Pheesa (a post player).

I don't know what the Bueckers effect will be - but at this point, we have a TON of guards and wings, and some really really good ones at that. So her effect will pretty much be judged mostly on the post players who decide to come (and of course Fudd, which would be the biggest effect of all)...
I too would like a big (true post/Center) or 4. Yet, seeing the MASTER AT WORK over these 30 years he has at times preferred to go after BIG teams with guards. Quick, mobile, attacking, pressing keeping the ball away from their most effective scoring machines. Geno loves guards. The nucleus of this team and those coming tend to show his hand. He will press, he will attack, and OF Course he will WIN.

Reaction Score
Oh that the basketball Gods would smile down upon UConn once more the next two recruiting years for one final 4 year run before Geno retires. Ask not, want not.I
I'm not sure of the meaning of "ASK NOT, WANT NOT". If that means don't ask and don't desire---well! Faint heart never won fair lady (or games either) If you don't ask how are the BB Gods to know what you want and if you don't want why should you get it?? I'm a believer in speak and ye shall be heard few humans really read minds. (notice FEW)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I'm not sure of the meaning of "ASK NOT, WANT NOT". If that means don't ask and don't desire---well! Faint heart never won fair lady (or games either) If you don't ask how are the BB Gods to know what you want and if you don't want why should you get it?? I'm a believer in speak and ye shall be heard few humans really read minds. (notice FEW)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Did you ever write a letter or “wish list” to Santa Claus when you were a kid?

When you pray to the bb Gods, ask for what you want. What have you got to lose? A closed mouth never gets fed. Hedge your bets, and leave no stones unturned.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

I respectfully suggest that holding Paige to an arbitrary standard of whether or not she attracts one or more post players to UConn is unfair. Since Paige announced she was coming to UConn, Nika, Ania, Mir & Saylor also committed to UConn. Surely all of these players were aware that UConn had signed the #1 pg in the nation and I suspect were looking forward to playing with her.

Reaction Score
As pointed out in my response to EricLA, since Paige committed, UConn received commitments from Nika, Ania, Mir & Saylor.

could be she helped...............................I'm thinking more of players she has developed relationships with the past few years............................a certain Ms Fudd being a prime example......................

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
could be......I'm thinking more of players she has developed relationships with the past few years........a certain Ms Fudd being a prime example.......
Azzi would certainly be the lynchpin, but with or without her, watching Paige lead a team full of young ladies who can all pass and finish will be a beautiful thing.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I respectfully suggest that holding Paige to an arbitrary standard of whether or not she attracts one or more post players to UConn is unfair. Since Paige announced she was coming to UConn, Nika, Ania, Mir & Saylor also committed to UConn. Surely all of these players were aware that UConn had signed the #1 pg in the nation and I suspect were looking forward to playing with her.

I'm sure you are right that they are aware of and look forward to playing with Paige, but it was January or February when Anna said she wanted to play for UConn after UConn contacted her in December. Saylor recently stated that she has wanted UConn since she was 4("I fell in love from the beginning") and more to the pointed decided on UConn last winter, but her mother made her wait until the end of the school year to give her verbal. Nika on committing said Paige's presence didn't deter her and they'd work together. Geno/UConn had her on hello. What she decided on was UConn's game and Geno. Mir was still considering 5 other warm weather schools until she visited UConn on June 20.

But you are right @oldude : she has no responsibility to snag anyone for UConn and no one should even imply otherwise. It is sort of light hearted sport to imagine the possibilities.

Carnac

Reaction Score
you would certainly think so....just waiting for the Bueckers recruiting effect to begin........

Personally I hope she goes after and attracts players that want to “light” the torch, and not be satisfied with simply carrying the torch.

Carnac

Reaction Score

Yeah, we’re waiting for the cherry to be placed on top of this sundae. :D

Carnac

Reaction Score

If that works for you, go with it!!

Reaction Score
Azzi would certainly be the lynchpin, but with or without her, watching Paige lead a team full of young ladies who can all pass and finish will be a beautiful thing.

Agree. Paige reminds me of no less a player than the Divine Sabrina; I believe that Paige will be the next transcendent Husky. I love to watch her and hope to live long enough to see her grow at UConn.
Mentioning Sabrina, I believe she made a poor choice in not joining the WNBA instead deciding to play another year in green. She could, instead be rolling in green. There is nothing to be gained by another year at Oregon and, besides the thousands of dollars she's giving up, she might heaven forfend be injured this season. Her status in the sport cannot be enhanced; she is already at the pinnacle of her sport.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom