Paige Is Hanging With Azzi's Clan | The Boneyard

Paige Is Hanging With Azzi's Clan

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Funny how Azzi stays basically off camera.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
It looks like they did their homework; the bugs look white. Cicadas are only supposed to be good right after they come up -- before or right after the final molt. Once they turn color they're not supposed to be any good to eat.

I haven't even seen five cicadas yet. Once they're really coming up, I might try to get some nymphs to cook.

Reaction Score
Haven't seen any cicadas yet, but there are multiple holes in the ground where they have emerged...

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I can't hear the word cicada without thinking of the Thoroughbred Racing Hall of Fame champion filly Cicada. She was bred by Meadow Stud, which also produced a slightly better known horse, Secretariat.

File this under "Horse Racing Trivia You Don't Need."

Reaction Score
I wonder if the chemistry that was so pivotal last year will get disrupted any with Azzi on- boarding? Time will tell.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
It looks like they did their homework; the bugs look white. Cicadas are only supposed to be good right after they come up -- before or right after the final molt. Once they turn color they're not supposed to be any good to eat.

I haven't even seen five cicadas yet. Once they're really coming up, I might try to get some nymphs to cook.
Many years ago, maybe 17???, I was driving to Pennsylvania from Alabama with my then about to turn teenage daughter. We were driving through West Virginia and ran into a vast swarm of cicadas. They covered the windshield and obscured my vision to the point where I pulled off the interstate. My girl had never seen anything like it. They were slamming into windshields over a five mile stretch of I79. Just a "Biblical" vision right in the middle of god's country!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Many years ago, maybe 17???, I was driving to Pennsylvania from Alabama with my then about to turn teenage daughter. We were driving through West Virginia and ran into a vast swarm of cicadas. They covered the windshield and obscured my vision to the point where I pulled off the interstate. My girl had never seen anything like it. They were slamming into windshields over a five mile stretch of I79. Just a "Biblical" vision right in the middle of god's country!
Not to turn the Paige on a cicada discussion, but I had a similar experience decades ago along I-95 near Westport. Linden moths. Millions of them. It looked like a warm weather blizzard. Couldn’t see a damn thing and the shoulder of the road was covered with them.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Can we let these kids have a private life?

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Not to turn the Paige on a cicada discussion, but I had a similar experience decades ago along I-95 near Westport. Linden moths. Millions of them. It looked like a warm weather blizzard. Couldn’t see a damn thing and the shoulder of the road was covered with them.
"... turn the Paige..." A particularly perky portion of paronomasia served up there, @cohenzone.

Reaction Score
No cicadas for my family but we experienced a plague of locusts when we were adopting our older son in Kazakhstan. Swarms of them falling from the sky for a solid week. We walked single file so we could pick them off of each other... it makes me shudder just thinking about it.

Reaction Score
Linden moths. It was the summer of 72, my last summer before graduation. I worked as the guard at a factory in Plainfield 3rd shift. In a tiny guard house sitting under a bright street light. Had to walk out among the swarm every hour and a half to make the rounds. It would have made a great scene in a movie; "Eaten Alive". The bats that lived in the factory feasted for a week.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Grew up in Indiana and was stationed in Michigan, don't miss them at all, very few out here in Vegas. Now if you want to talk grasshoppers that's a different story.

Reaction Score
Early on Paige says they have 4000 on line users of their little bug fry.

Paige wants to be public. YouTube can be a means of income for those who become big enough.
Yep, and I understand & respect Nan's opinion, but nobody is exploiting Paige more than Paige. She posts the info herself on Facebook, Twitter and Tic Tok. Privacy is the last thing she is looking for.
Bob Dylan said it best .... these times are a changan' ...

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Linden moths. It was the summer of 72, my last summer before graduation. I worked as the guard at a factory in Plainfield 3rd shift. In a tiny guard house sitting under a bright street light. Had to walk out among the swarm every hour and a half to make the rounds. It would have made a great scene in a movie; "Eaten Alive". The bats that lived in the factory feasted for a week.
Don’t know the moth species but the summer of 1970 saw me cooking at the HoJo’s on the Wethersfield turnpike when we had an explosion of them. At first I thought we were experiencing a blizzard.

You couldn’t open a door without dozens of them getting inside.

W

wolfe613

Yep, and I understand & respect Nan's opinion, but nobody is exploiting Paige more than Paige. She posts the info herself on Facebook, Twitter and Tic Tok. Privacy is the last thing she is looking for.
Bob Dylan said it best .... these times are a changan' ...

she's not exploting anything, she's a teenage girl who is using social media big whoop. Not to mention she must be hella bored with not being able to do anything basketball related. Ive seen her ig she hardly even posts, same on Twitter. Ppl overreact to every little thing

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Nan, public internet media use does not afford the generator of the content privacy. Early on Paige says they have 4000 on line users of their little bug fry.
I would also add that if these kids wanted a private life they wouldn't post and share their every wink and nod. The things they actually want private they won't post.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom