Paige is an AP Preseason All-American | The Boneyard

Paige is an AP Preseason All-American

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Paige is the oldest. She and JuJu were unanimous. JuJu and Kiki are both with the Trojans. JuJu, Hannah, and Madison are all sophomores.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Certainly deserved..!
1. Paige is currently #20 in UConn's all-time scoring with 1,683 points.
That is in just 85 games.
2. Scoring just 474 points this season would put her at #9 with 2,157 pts, replacing some player named Diana Taurasi... ;)
3. Adding 660 points this year would land Paige at #5, replacing Katie Lou.
4. Last season, Paige scored 854 pts.

Go Paige..!! Go Huskies..!!

Reaction Score
Paige's legacy is still completely in front of her and could vastly vary. With a championship this year, she joins the elitist of groups at the top, second to none in the history of UConn basketball. No championship and for whatever the reasons, her legacy must include a huge slice of underachievement.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Certainly deserved..!
1. Paige is currently #20 in UConn's all-time scoring with 1,683 points.
That is in just 85 games.
2. Scoring just 474 points this season would put her at #9 with 2,157 pts, replacing some player named Diana Taurasi... ;)
3. Adding 660 points this year would land Paige at #5, replacing Katie Lou.
4. Last season, Paige scored 854 pts.

Go Paige..!! Go Huskies..!!
Glad to see you survived Milton.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Paige's legacy is still completely in front of her and could vastly vary. With a championship this year, she joins the elitist of groups at the top, second to none in the history of UConn basketball. No championship and for whatever the reasons, her legacy must include a huge slice of underachievement.
IMHO...Paige joined the elitist of groups at the top, second to none in the history of UConn basketball when she finished her freshman season. Anything else is just gravy.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Underachievement? Paige Bueckers?

Last time I checked, basketball was a team game. Whatever UConn’s team achieves this coming season, Paige Bueckers legacy will undoubtedly be one characterized by overcoming adversity and success at every level.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I would put Paige at about 5 or 6 currently. She doesn't have a championship yet, though she made the title game 2x. She was the consensus NPOY as a freshman, which no one else--at Uconn or elsewhere--ever did. Suppose that she wins NPOY AND a championship this year. That puts her on Mount Rushmore in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Maybe. She won’t go on my UConn Mount Rushmore without a title though.
I agree.

ConnManFan said her legacy would include a huge slice of underachievement without an NC. I don't think that's quite right. No one in their right mind would say that Paige underachieved, but her legacy would certainly be incomplete. Without an NC a few years from now we'll be looking back at her UConn career with a bit of sadness. That's not a good legacy.

Reaction Score
My top three, are Stewart, Moore and Bueckers on overall basketball ability.
If the all greats were all in their prime at the same time and we were choosing up sides, my first pick would be DT. Why? Because DT takes no prisoners enroute to winning. If she's still available Paige would be my second pick. Why? Heroics.

Reaction Score
I'm not a UConn homer but I've watched the greats enough over the years that IMO, Paige is at best the 4th or greatest to play at UConn even if she wins a NC this year.

What Stewie did will never be repeated by anyone. Maya was the most ready to play at the highest level on Day 1. Paige was close to that during her remarkable freshman year but no doubt injuries have taken some of shine off. DT had more support with the TASS force and upperclassmen but she was still the best player on the team while needing a little maturity to settle in during her freshman year. Her final two seasons were a master class in leadership and teaching.

UConn is blessed to have been the choice for so many all time greats.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom