Paige Instagram | The Boneyard

Paige Instagram

Reaction Score
Apologies if this already is on another thread, but found it interesting - Paige posted a bunch of photos on Instagram today, one for each teammate, saying she was looking forward to playing with each of them again, all with the “fingers crossed” emoji.

May be reading the tea leaves a bit, but seems to be indicating return talk may be starting…? Are we still total radio silence on a timeline? It is February, after all…

Reaction Score
I believe next week would be the 8 week mark. It seems she’s planning on playing. With the Final Four is in Minnesota this year, I think it’s all but a given that she will return. I don’t think Geno will toss her in too quickly though. I expect her to start playing after Valentines Day, so she can practice and get back into game shape

Reaction Score
Apologies if this already is on another thread, but found it interesting - Paige posted a bunch of photos on Instagram today, one for each teammate, saying she was looking forward to playing with each of them again, all with the “fingers crossed” emoji.

May be reading the tea leaves a bit, but seems to be indicating return talk may be starting…? Are we still total radio silence on a timeline? It is February, after all…
I saw the IG post as well. Thought about the same thing. I believe we're at or very near the 8 weeks after surgery. We've been told she has been doing PT. I can't imagine she is in "playing shape"... specifically getting the legs under her as she would have had before the injury. BUT, just imagine the boost for the Team to have her on the court, even for limited minutes...

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Love that Paige refers to Caroline as "Bestie Bestie". But isn't Azzi her Bestie? :confused:

Reaction Score
I guess it is not active anymore? But Alexa captured a few here

Nika's reply on Instagram to the photo where Paige said "Miss hooping with you twin" ....... was "Can't Wait"...

Smoke Signals???
Smoke Signals Smoking GIF by Pierre-Julien Fieux

Reaction Score
Love that Paige refers to Caroline as "Bestie Bestie". But isn't Azzi her Bestie? :confused:
I wouldn't read too much into the word bestie. It's a throwaway term. Azzi has said Caroline is her bestie because they've been friends the longest. I guess these bestie rankings are pretty unofficial.

Reaction Score
I guess she may have checkup today. The result maybe very good, so she is excited about the return.

Reaction Score
Wasn’t it just three weeks ago that we were worried about her jumping up and down on the sideline during games?
Now we’re in a rush to push her into full court?
Really?
Look.
Let her rest and heal up completely.
This ain’t a Championship year.

Reaction Score
Wasn’t it just three weeks ago that we were worried about her jumping up and down on the sideline during games?
Really?
Look.
We as fans can't rush anything. It's up to the doctors who are overseeing her injury. If they say she's ready to go that's when she'll play.

Reaction Score
Really?
Look.
Hoping for her return soon is a lot different from rushing her back. Nobody here has any input to her return date and I trust those that do.
She could re-injure the leg, sure, and she could rest it until next October and then re-injure it in the 1st practice. What then?

Amashutcha

Basketball enjoyer
Reaction Score
Really?
Look.
Nobody here has any input to her return date and I trust those that do.

Echoing what the others are saying, we have no input to her return. Besides, I bet no one is more eager for her return than her. I remember she reposted Kevin Durant's Instagram story when he got injured which wrote: "Let me die out there". They both share a love for the game that for outsiders it can seem borderline unhealthy. It's hard to hold back someone like that, but for their own good, I hope somebody does sometimes.

Reaction Score
Echoing what the others are saying, we have no input to her return. Besides, I bet no one is more eager for her return than her. I remember she reposted Kevin Durant's Instagram story when he got injured which wrote: "Let me die out there". They both share a love for the game that for outsiders it can seem borderline unhealthy. It's hard to hold back someone like that, but for their own good, I hope somebody does sometimes.

I always hoped to die on a golf course right after sinking a putt to win 6 presses. ;)

Reaction Score
Really?
Look.
Maybe you weren’t referring here to my initial post on the thread, but if you were, that definitely was not the goal of the post — just thought it was interesting to note that she had posted it.

I agree with others here that noticing developments and celebrating the potential for a healthy return to play - emphasis on healthy - is far different than pushing a premature comeback. I of course am thrilled if Paige can come back and play, so long as the experts have endorsed it, but I also in no way want her to push her body before it’s ready. Just, as a fan, it’s an exciting prospect that the best player in college ball may be making moves to get back.

Reaction Score
I hate to be Debbie Downer but Uconn ain't winning nothing this year Maybe the big East if they can beat Depaul which outplayed them even tho they won and they didn't show up vs providence either like Geno said they just have more High school all Americans. With being said they should let Paige heal up for the rest of the year bcuz bones take longer to heal and our team is not built to compete against the more rugged teams in the SEC and a few ACC teams. Next year we will be in better shape with the bigger better players coming in Patterson and Brady will give us the inside game we lack this year and with a rested up Paige surrounded by shooters and a inside game with a strong bench we will be in better shape for the chip. Sorry my peeps but this teams needs to hit the reset button and get it's star players (Azzi, Paige, Nika and Aubrey) completely healed before it can seriously compete. If Paige plays we'll all be holding our breath every time she gets hit.

Reaction Score
Just glad to know that, so far, there haven't been any setbacks or complications that would FURTHER delay her return.
At this point I imagine the biggest hazard might be PB's own impatience and desire to get back on the court. Sitting on the sideline these past 2 months, watching the struggles and discombobulation that the Huskies have been going through, must be incredibly tough for some one with her competitive spirit.
Personally I'd rather wait an extra week or 10 days if it means the difference between 70% of Paige and 100%.
Fortunately, my opinion is not the one being considered.

Reaction Score
I hate to be the jaded one but Paige is a business so she needs to keep her followers to justify her NIL deals..This is great click bait to keep her social media stats up.

Reaction Score
After reading the quotes from her father, He doesn’t really want her to play this year, I wouldn’t be surprised if Paige shuts it down for the year and just prepares for next season.

Reaction Score
After reading the quotes from her father, He doesn’t really want her to play this year, I wouldn’t be surprised if Paige shuts it down for the year and just prepares for next season.
Perhaps... but That would make the replies from her team mates make no sense. There seems to be collective anticipation brewing. IMHO

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom