Paige Gatorade Female Athlete Player of the Year. | The Boneyard

Paige Gatorade Female Athlete Player of the Year.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This video is said to have been prepared to release with the award announcement. The WNBA stars comments are interesting.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well, she has gotten this out of the way:

1595613598016.png

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

National Gatorade POY, is a pretty lofty achievement. I've stated in prior posts that I need to see Paige perform at THIS level FIRST, before I anoint her. That may not be too far off in the future. Too many people (coaches, media, and committees, etc.) that are around the game, and know the game and its players, have honored her and recognized her as THE best in the city, region, state and country.

I'm from Missouri, but I'm beginning to think it's not hype. I recall that old adage: "everybody is not wrong."
Even though I've yet to see her play in person, or with/against players at the next level,) and I'm leery of videos I've seen) I'm now convinced she's the real deal. Players cut from the cloth she is don't take long to prove it once practices/workouts begin. they have "IT". They do what they do and they make it look easy. She truly is a "legend of tomorrow".

I will acknowledge that she may be so dynamic and forceful, Geno may not have a choice but to start her. I'm NOT saying he will, just that she may not give him a choice. I'm hoping and wishing with everything I have that she lives up the hype immediately, and makes a difference on UConn's play the first game, and throughout the season.

Congratulations Paige. You're special. UConn Nation is ecstatic you chose to come to UConn to fulfill your destiny.

Stay healthy my friends!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've got to admit, I'm always a little weary of someone or something that comes with so much hype. We have had players in the past who were ranked number one in their class but I can't remember any of them who got this amount of press. Even "she who's name will not be spoken" has not, up till now, received this publicity. Like the vast majority of other boneyarders I cannot wait to see her play. Congratulations Paige, and get ready for some real fan adulation if you are one half as good as the hype.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I've got to admit, I'm always a little weary of someone or something that comes with so much hype. We have had players in the past who were ranked number one in their class but I can't remember any of them who got this amount of press. Even "she who's name will not be spoken" has not, up till now, received this publicity. Like the vast majority of other boneyarders I cannot wait to see her play. Congratulations Paige, and get ready for some real fan adulation if you are one half as good as the hype.

Me too. ;)

Reaction Score
National Gatorade POY, is a pretty lofty achievement. I've stated in prior posts that I need to see Paige perform at THIS level FIRST, before I anoint her. That may not be too far off in the future. Too many people (coaches, media, etc.) and committees have honored her and recognized her as THE best in the city, region, state and country.

I'm from Missouri, but I'm beginning to think it's not hype. I recall that old adage: "everybody is not wrong."
Even though I've yet to see her play in person, or with/against players at the next level, I'm now convinced she's the real deal. Players cut from the cloth she is don't take long to prove it once practices/workouts begin. they have "IT". They do what they do and they make it look easy. She truly is a "legend of tomorrow".

I will acknowledge that she may be so dynamic and forceful, Geno may not have a choice but to start her. I'm NOT saying he will, just that she may not give him a choice. I'm hoping and wishing with everything I have that she lives up the hype immediately, and makes a difference on UConn's play the first game, and throughout the season.

Congratulations Paige. You're special. UConn Nation is ecstatic you chose to come to UConn to fulfill your destiny.

Stay healthy my friends!
I would point out to her credit that it’s not easy to play down a level. By that I mean when you have superior skills and see the game in slow motion and a play ahead as she does, it can seem like everyone is out of position and doesn’t get where you expect them on time. It can be a significant adjustment to feel like you’re having to play in 2nd gear and hope people see your passes coming. I believe she’ll be even better when she can play full speed with more highly skilled players. I think that’s why she was picked to play on that 3x3 team with the older kids.

Reaction Score
Marietta High School was the place I had my first teaching job in the early '60s. When I was there, there were no black students, though the football team was one of the best in the state. The 'M' on the helmets were styled like the 'G' on Green Bay's. Swagger? You bet.
It's great to see Arik Gilbert win the kudos he's received this season. Good luck to him at LSU.
AND very good luck to our Paige coming to a nearby gym soon. (We hope.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom