Paige Bueckers was asked if all UConn's injuries will impact her decision about whether to return next season | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Paige Bueckers was asked if all UConn's injuries will impact her decision about whether to return next season

Reaction Score
Aaliyah is going pro for sure. Nika could play in Europe and do well financially, but she's not likely to be drafted by an WNBA team. The last thing this team needs is more guards, but..... do you think she'd come back for her 5th year simply to improve her skills as an off-guard?
UConn is not the program for Nika if she is trying to hone her skills because the framework of the team will come first. She could go to a school that would let he go crazy shooting but in the end I don't think that will help her. She will play in the WNBA because she plays defense but I agree her real opportunity will most likely be overseas.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Aubrey may come back. If she were to enter the draft, she is clearly worth a second or third round pick, in my opinion. Players picked after the first round generally do not make a team. If I were a GM, I'd take her.
And if I was your owner, you'd probably be fired. You want to draft a player, mostly for her athleticism (she's not a great shooter, she's not tall), who has knee and back issues. And she can't play for you til season after next. And you haven't seen her return from injuries.

I just don't see a GM wanting to keep their job, drafting her in the 2024 Draft.

Reaction Score
It's too early to talk about this. If I were Paige, I will not stay for another year. It's like a curse for the injuries. Terrible.

Reaction Score
Allison Feaster, Sarah Strong’s Mom, liked this post on Instagram.

IMG_7393.jpeg

Reaction Score
Allison Feaster, Sarah Strong’s Mom, liked this post on Instagram.

View attachment 94945 This sounds encouraging to me.... the stars are starting to align in the heavens.... I always did enjoy the Stanford vs. Harvard, NCAA game.
I also remember "who" made it happen for the CRIMSON! Go Sarah! GO UCONN! JOIN THE "TEAM" and "the Teammates!"

Reaction Score
UConn is not the program for Nika if she is trying to hone her skills because the framework of the team will come first. She could go to a school that would let he go crazy shooting but in the end I don't think that will help her. She will play in the WNBA because she plays defense but I agree her real opportunity will most likely be overseas.
Agree with your points and I also don't think Nika is that type of player to jack up a bunch of shots, so she probably wouldn't even be super comfortable in that structure. I think based on the type of player Nika is - she could be successful in the WNBA if she can hit open shots, which she's showing this year that she is capable of doing. No franchise is going to see her as a big scorer, but a very solid backup PG who can defend 1-3, pass, and hit open shots when needed. I think she has a solid shot.

Reaction Score
Allison Feaster is a wise woman. Let's hope she's the one at the steering wheel of this bus. ;)
This sounds like "Mother knows best!". My Mom had the insight and humor to guide
our "clan" in difficult times! Like Geno just remarked in his pre-Providence interview:
"Just Make the Next Play". It's Sarah's decision.... I hope that she gets a chance to play
with Paige!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
And if I was your owner, you'd probably be fired. You want to draft a player, mostly for her athleticism (she's not a great shooter, she's not tall), who has knee and back issues. And she can't play for you til season after next. And you haven't seen her return from injuries.

I just don't see a GM wanting to keep their job, drafting her in the 2024 Draft.

She probably won't be in the 2024 draft, but I think she's a better option than most 3rd round picks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom