Paige Bueckers gets some shots in at practice while rehabbing her knee injury | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige Bueckers gets some shots in at practice while rehabbing her knee injury

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
this has nothing to do with a player being great. It has to do with reps. If you do not get enough reps at the level you are as a player you are going to come out sluggish.
If you want to take a bite of the candy bar, at some point you’re going to have to remove the wrapper first.

Reaction Score
Lets take care of business tonight with the people we can put on the floor now.
Paige is not going anywhere.
Many things have to come together on dual tracks.
Track # 1-UCONN has to play out the regular season ONE GAME AT A TIME, before we can worry about the BE Tourney.
Seeding, NCAA bracket, first round-Final Four -all of that is TBD
Track # 2-Paige has to be ready and her knee strong enough to take the weight and stress of a full basketball game. This will be determined by a whole slew of doctors,parents,coaches and, of course, Paige. A slow increase in minutes during the BE Tourney would be FINE AND DANDY.
Somewhere along the line, if fate is kind to us, for a change, the two tracks will merge.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Lets take care of business tonight with the people we can put on the floor now.
Paige is not going anywhere.
Many things have to come together on dual tracks.
Track # 1-UCONN has to play out the regular season ONE GAME AT A TIME, before we can worry about the BE Tourney.
Seeding, NCAA bracket, first round-Final Four -all of that is TBD
Track # 2-Paige has to be ready and her knee strong enough to take the weight and stress of a full basketball game. This will be determined by a whole slew of doctors,parents,coaches and, of course, Paige. A slow increase in minutes during the BE Tourney would be FINE AND DANDY.
Somewhere along the line, if fate is kind to us, for a change, the two tracks will merge.
I don't believe that anyone here is thinking that Paige will be playing tonight. But you can be sure that the "beat writers" are watching today's activities and hoping to be the first to tweet any good news, if anything happens.

Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if she played in the BE Tourney. I wish she had been able to red shirt the season. I know Paige wants to play and that she is only part of the decision making process, but I'd rather see her sit the rest of the season, including the NCAA tourney, than to risk her career long term.

Yes, I know the doctors won't let her play if she's not able.

Reaction Score
Paige will be ready far earlier for offense than she will be for defense. Her offense could get into a game for a few minutes now, but to wwin a game her defense is likely a bit farther away.

Reaction Score
Have to agree with CT. While every video I see with Paige making any kind of basketball move brings a smile to my face, I won't get too excited until I see her sprint and cut at full speed.

Reaction Score
Paige is good enough to be held out until NCAA tournament! A great player only needs two games to totally reset. By sweet 16 she will be the phenom she is.
I think they will bring Paige back for the conference tournament, at least that’s when they should. I think. Lol

Reaction Score
My response is for these posts.

You can bet ALL of the coaches were watching Paige (who appeared NOT to be wearing a brace) to see if there was any noticeable hitch or limp when she ran or cut. She looked very impressive here. She appeared to be doing all of the drills at the same speed as everyone else.

I sure am excited!!!! Paige appears to be wearing some type of knee compression sleeve, which would allow her more freedom of movement than a brace while also providing knee support.

One thing is obvious. Paige is practicing like she absolutely intends to play this year.

Nice to see...but these are all straight forward shooting drills... no real lateral movement or other stresses on the knee.... still, fingers crossed for her return!

Geno already said she's not playing this week, but..................she might get in a few minutes (if she's been cleared to play by her doctors and trainers) in the last regular season game this Sunday against Providence. If she does get in, they MUST limit her minutes.

this has nothing to do with a player being great. It has to do with reps. If you do not get enough reps at the level you are as a player you are going to come out sluggish.
Observations
The video was very encouraging. SNY provided it but it was likely a video taken by the program. It's edited to show what they intend us to see.

These drills look to me like they are normally done much more quickly.

Nobody says when this was recorded. It may have been 10 days ago. We don't know.

At some point Bueckers will play and whether it's tonight or next November many of us will hold our breath the whole game, worrying about a re-injury. If she falls Gampel will go silent. Putting that game off just to avoid it is a popular POV on this board and one I don't share.

Everyone keeps saying that Geno made the decision but they forget that 10 days ago he also said that "playing will be her decision". Not his. Not the trainers. They have declared her tibia healed. All that is needed is for her to feel ready to play and say "put me in coach".

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
My response is for these posts.

Observations
The video was very encouraging. SNY provided it but it was likely a video taken by the program. It's edited to show what they intend us to see.
Pure speculation on your part. Of course it is edited, every professional video is edited, time wise and/or content wise.

Reaction Score
I'll be at Sunday's game. I'd be content just to see her engage in pre-game shootaround, and then resume her position as #1 cheerleader on the bench. Let's leave it up to Geno, OK?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Per Maria Marino, Paige has been spending more time in practice on D vs the starters, causing general havoc by getting multiple deflections and steals.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom