Paige Bueckers gets some shots in at practice while rehabbing her knee injury | The Boneyard

Paige Bueckers gets some shots in at practice while rehabbing her knee injury

Reaction Score
Paige looked good in the video from today's practice... I realize it was just a short period of time and there was no banging, but she is moving well, making cuts, shooting well.

The Movie Script is really coming together!!! The final pieces are Paige continuing to practice and prepare for game action while getting stronger and more endurance... then Geno puts her into a game to see how it works and of course the UCONN Fans go WILD... and Paige says to the rest of WBB...
Im Back GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

GO HUSKIES

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Practice drills - not game type experience.

Does she look good - yes.

No brace but a compression sleeve. They are really good in supporting a surgically repaired knee.

I still believe she will not play this week.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

No brace but a compression sleeve. They are really good in supporting a surgically repaired knee.

Geno already said she's not playing this week, but..................she might get in a few minutes (if she's been cleared to play by her doctors and trainers) in the last regular season game this Sunday against Providence. If she does get in, they MUST limit her minutes.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I assume/hope that Paige iced down after that practice. The question: how will she feel tomorrow?
If the answer is good, then 2 weeks? Three tops.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If the answer is good, then 2 weeks? Three tops.

I'm flying up tomorrow, but I don't expect to see her play. I think the probability is low, though not zero. I think she gets some minutes in the Big East Tourney. Geno will have them play zone and do everything possible to protect her. She may be more open than last year, because Azzi is a defense magnet. Yes, she is practicing with the goal of playing at SOME time this season.

Reaction Score
Paige is good enough to be held out until NCAA tournament! A great player only needs two games to totally reset. By sweet 16 she will be the phenom she is.

Reaction Score
Paige is good enough to be held out until NCAA tournament! A great player only needs two games to totally reset. By sweet 16 she will be the phenom she is.
this has nothing to do with a player being great. It has to do with reps. If you do not get enough reps at the level you are as a player you are going to come out sluggish.

Reaction Score
UConn football coaches meat and greet was really well done last night. The men's basketball game, what more could one ask for.
Paige back on the court showing basic mobility, all on the same day. Frosting on the cake / UCONN euphoria.

Reaction Score
I assume/hope that Paige iced down after that practice. The question: how will she feel tomorrow?
Hmm, Paige looked a little stiff walking around during the pre-game warmups on Sunday. If she's back practicing, even a light practice on Tuesday, then I think that's a very good sign. Go Paige! Were all rooting for you to be 100% healthy and happy (happy as in winning a natty).

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score

Agree 100%. With knee injuries, it's one step forward, and either same or another step forward. As long as today is as good or better than yesterday, she will make progress towards playing,

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Like Bill Pullman saying to Jeff Goldblum in "Independence Day", "Not bad, not bad at all"

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Geno already said she's not playing this week, but..................she might get in a few minutes (if she's been cleared to play by her doctors and trainers) in the last regular season game this Sunday against Providence. If she does get in, they MUST limit her minutes.
I don’t disagree with your suggestion. But I can just imagine what a pain in the ___ Paige would be sitting on the bench in uniform with the understanding that she was going to play only “limited” minutes. :rolleyes:

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Maybe it is a bit too 'Hollywood' for Geno but how about this?

Senior Day....with a couple of minutes left in the game Geno removes all his seniors...to a big ovation.
And he puts Paige in ... for token minutes...to give the fans a chance to welcome her back before the BE tournament in Bridgeport. Double up on the huge ovations to cap the regular season.

BTW: 4 days off between that Sunday game and UConn's quarterfinal on Saturday at noon.
After the BE final on Monday March 7 they will have about 1 and 1/2 weeks before Game One of The Dance.
Enough time for some rest...some practice...and getting all players as fit and ready as they can be for our hoped for 6 game run at number 12.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I don’t disagree with your suggestion. But I can just imagine what a pain in the ___ Paige would be sitting on the bench in uniform with the understanding that she was going to play only “limited” minutes. :rolleyes:
I agree. If I were Geno, I could see that scenario manifesting itself a mile away, which is why I would not let her dress. She’d see her teammates on the floor making plays and having fun, and more than anything she’d want to get in on the action. But as Master Po said many times to his young charge, patience grasshopper. :)

Carnac

Reaction Score
Maybe it is a bit too 'Hollywood' for Geno but how about this?

Senior Day....with a couple of minutes left in the game Geno removes all his seniors...to a big ovation.
And he puts Paige in ... for token minutes...to give the fans a chance to welcome her back before the BE tournament in Bridgeport. Double up on the huge ovations to cap the regular season.

BTW: 4 days off between that Sunday game and UConn's quarterfinal on Saturday at noon.
After the BE final on Monday March 7 they will have about 1 and 1/2 weeks before Game One of The Dance.
Enough time for some rest...some practice...and getting all players as fit and ready as they can be for our hoped for 6 game run at number 12.
I like it. A “Hollywood“ ending that would have the fans go berserk. Paige could just run up and down the sidelines a couple of times as she is now doing in practice and NOT touch the ball under any circumstances. A resounding statement that Paige is back. It won’t happen but I like it. :D

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nice to see...but these are all straight forward shooting drills... no real lateral movement or other stresses on the knee.... still, fingers crossed for her return!
Also in a Controlled practice environment. No one making her react to a situation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom