Paige Bueckers Cover of Slam Magazine. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige Bueckers Cover of Slam Magazine.

Reaction Score
The thing is you wouldn't believe some of the stuff players and coaches say to Paige to try and get under her skin. It's only going to get worse as she moves to the college level. People hate UConn and she's going to be the face of it. I personally can't wait to hear it.

I'm more a "let your game talk for you" kind of person but I'd rather a player give it right back to the source than to see it fester and bother her. Paige doesn't back away from confrontation, she relishes it. That is rare in one so young.

Reaction Score
No pressure... geez.

I think the media (ESPN) sees a marketable commodity. If she is 90% of what is said then just imagine the dislike all this notoriety she is going to engender in fans of say, Notre Dame, just as an example. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
And Geno will still say she is The Worst Point Guard in America.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
And Geno will still say she is The Worst Point Guard in America.:rolleyes:

Yeah, wonder how all this hype will collide with the first few weeks of training camp at UConn!! Coach Geno does not let hype get in the way of hard practice, and refusal to tolerate any deviation from perfection.

Reaction Score
Geno will have his usual assortment of barbed evaluations in interviews but I'm fairly certain that in the coaches' office, behind closed doors, there will be dancing and singing. ;)

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I remember when EDD commited to UConn to join Maya Tina Renee etc and yours truly predicted UConn would go 195-0. Well if Paige is anywhere as good as EDD UConn is going to win for a very long time and just think if Azzi commits too well we just may be invincable again. I gotta tell ya with next years class (Mir Edwards Paige Gabriel and Nika) and the following years class ( DeBerry Saylor and ...) and the following class (Ice and....) well Ive got a feeling we are gonna be at the top of the polls for a very long long long time. Im just sayin that that 195-0 could be resurrected??????

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Tonyc it's Nika and Mir. You had me going there for a bit. Your big picture point is a good one - we really should thrive over the next few years.

Reaction Score
She needs to learn how to play defense first before she in on UConn's Mt. Rushmore! CW had the same swagger coming in here, and she hasnt lived up to the hype so far, in many people's opinion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom