Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Paige's Reaction to being selected for the Cover

1580322810596.png

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I still have to pinch myself, figuratively speaking, to be sure I'm not dreaming when it comes to recent recruiting. Landing Paige is more than the cherry on top - it's the entire sundae. She has all the tools to be smack in the middle of contention for UCONN's own Mt. Rushmore.

She also has the moxie to be disliked by opposing fans... a-la Dee. Her confidence, flair, and skills will not only wow opponents, but will surely piss them off as well. I could easily see her punching something orange (or ND green, or Baylor yellow, or Stanford red etc etc)...

We are so blessed as UCONN fans.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Has there ever been a Highschool #1 who had so much media exposure. YouTube is constantly throwing videos my way. And it did the "Slam" oriented one about 30 minutes ago. If she can keep her head with this stuff flying around her constantly she is a more than exceptional young lady.

Reaction Score
A great article accompanies the cover photo: www.slamonline.com/the-magazine/paige-bueckers-cover-story/

Here's something that should make recruiting followers smile:

"But what really drives Bueckers—more than any accolade, trophy or championship—is achieving her full potential. She made a pact with her best friend and 2021 No. 1 recruit Azzi Fudd that they would push each other to become the greatest they can be (“and that would be the greatest of all time”). With a goal as lofty as that, it’s easy to see why expectations of winning NCAA championships or having a solo SLAM cover as a high schooler wouldn’t seem like pressure at all."

This is what I like about her and something UConn has missed:

"Bueckers’ game also has high levels of swagginess that would make any of the previously mentioned greats proud. “I don’t know if there’s another word for swaggy, but I guess that’s what people say,” Bueckers explains. “I have a certain way I carry myself on the court. I’m confident. I’m not too cocky, but if someone talks trash to me, then I’m going to talk trash.”

Reaction Score
A great article accompanies the cover photo: www.slamonline.com/the-magazine/paige-bueckers-cover-story/

"But what really drives Bueckers—more than any accolade, trophy or championship—is achieving her full potential. She made a pact with her best friend and 2021 No. 1 recruit Azzi Fudd that they would push each other to become the greatest they can be (“and that would be the greatest of all time”). With a goal as lofty as that, it’s easy to see why expectations of winning NCAA championships or having a solo SLAM cover as a high schooler wouldn’t seem like pressure at all."

This is what I like about her and something UConn has missed:

"Bueckers’ game also has high levels of swagginess that would make any of the previously mentioned greats proud. “I don’t know if there’s another word for swaggy, but I guess that’s what people say,” Bueckers explains. “I have a certain way I carry myself on the court. I’m confident. I’m not too cocky, but if someone talks trash to me, then I’m going to talk trash.”

I can already envision the stern stare coming her way from Geno after a particularly "swaggy" move but you know full well that he's really just keeping himself from smiling............. ;)

Reaction Score
I’m going out to buy it!
Wow, This is Fantastic!
I just love the word Swaggy!
It’s gonna be a fun four years with PB!
Hooray for Paige and UCONN!

Reaction Score
Not sure I like the trash talking part. Let your game do the talking. No need to stoop to the instigator's level.

Reaction Score
I can already envision the stern stare coming her way from Geno after a particularly "swaggy" move but you know full well that he's really just keeping himself from smiling............. ;)

I had to google what a Shammgod move is. I wonder if Geno knows. :rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Has there ever been a Highschool #1 who had so much media exposure.

It was a different era, but EDD got a lot of coverage when she was in HS as well. Probably not to this extent, but in general media exposure of WBB has increased.

Reaction Score
Not sure I like the trash talking part. Let your game do the talking. No need to stoop to the instigator's level.

that's the beauty of PB...................the more the opposition talks the more she takes it out on them with her play and perhaps a good long stare...............

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Obviously, Paige and Azzi need to practice together. I have a solution! :D

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The thing is you wouldn't believe some of the stuff players and coaches say to Paige to try and get under her skin. It's only going to get worse as she moves to the college level. People hate UConn and she's going to be the face of it. I personally can't wait to hear it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom