OT: - Paige Buckets | The Boneyard

OT: Paige Buckets

Reaction Score
A personal 4-0 run to force overtime, followed by a 7-0 run to swing the game and deliver the final dagger on a friendly bounce.

31 points, 3rd 30-burger in a row.

She is unbelievable. As a freshman, she's better than Taurasi.

Reaction Score
Not going to say who is better or not but what I just saw was amazing. As a freshman against the number one team in the nation, she willed her team to win by scoring the team's last 11 points.

Just saying she's better than Turasi, Moore, Brianna etc is just splitting hairs. As a UConn fan, it's a great problem to have.

Reaction Score
Not going to say who is better or not but what I just saw was amazing. As a freshman against the number one team in the nation, she willed her team to win by scoring the team's last 11 points.

Just saying she's better than Turasi, Moore, Brianna etc is just splitting hairs. As a UConn fan, it's a great problem to have.
Diana carried her teams as a junior and senior.

Bueckers is carrying her team as a freshman.

Yes, Taurasi, Moore, Stewart, no need to split hairs among them at this point. But Bueckers is going to put herself in that Mt. Rushmore category.

Reaction Score
She’s the first women’s player in a long time to make basically any game I’ve tuned into enjoyable to watch. We’ve had great players in the past but her fluidity and swagger on the court is just head and shoulders above anyone currently in the women’s game.

Reaction Score
She was off mid game and could not buy a three but took over the game in the last 2 minutes of regulation. She has a real quick shot release and does not force things. Very hard to to stop her. Fans are going to love attending games next year.

Reaction Score
She’s the first women’s player in a long time to make basically any game I’ve tuned into enjoyable to watch. We’ve had great players in the past but her fluidity and swagger on the court is just head and shoulders above anyone currently in the women’s game.
It's as if all of the moxie that was lacking in our women's team the last 4 years was concentrated in her.

I literally can't think of a comp for her, her talent, her (for lack of a better word) balls, and doing it all as a freshman.

Reaction Score
Diana carried her teams as a junior and senior.

Bueckers is carrying her team as a freshman.

Yes, Taurasi, Moore, Stewart, no need to split hairs among them at this point. But Bueckers is going to put herself in that Mt. Rushmore category.
Yup. At this rate, we'll just have to tear down Gampel and rebuild it with extra wall space for the banners to come!

Reaction Score
She was off mid game and could not buy a three but took over the game in the last 2 minutes of regulation. She has a real quick shot release and does not force things. Very hard to to stop her. Fans are going to love attending games next year.
It makes me so sad that there were no fans in the building for this game (unlike, of course, our two games @ SEC opponents).

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Stuck in a Zoom meeting for an IWWC meeting I was watching ESPN Gamecast on my phone when we were up 54 to something. Then USC went up with little time left.

Then Paige happened. Wow wow wow.

I need to see just the last 3 minutes plus OT.

Reaction Score
Told y'all, I could see it in the first 10 minutes I watched her play.

Reaction Score
It's as if all of the moxie that was lacking in our women's team the last 4 years was concentrated in her.

I literally can't think of a comp for her, her talent, her (for lack of a better word) balls, and doing it all as a freshman.

This. That was Diana Taurisi/Larry Bird level balls. But Taurasi was not that level of great as a freshman. Incredibly high ceiling on this one.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Best point guard on campus!!

Reaction Score
You recognize your writing this each time is basically described by the “b sharps” on the simpsons. “witty at first but less funny each time”

I've done it before you got here and I'll do it after you've gone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom