OT: - Paige Buckets | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Paige Buckets

Reaction Score
This years woman’s team really relies on 3 of their freshman to get the job done. I think they’re also getting the #1 overall recruit next year as wellz
She’s here already. Saylor

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My comp for her is Donovan Mitchell.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Literally Paige Buckets is a great name for her. South Carolina knew Paige would get take those shots at the end and they couldnt do anything to stop her. What an amazing player. Even Geno thinks she is performing better than her high expectations.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It’s been a long time since I had this much fun watching a player..maybe since Kemba.

Shes just special. She’s obviously got to win to take her place with the greats.m, but man..the kid is like..a combo of Bird and Taurasi..with like..all of their strong traits and none of their flaws.

Reaction Score
I need to recheck, but I think no other UConn player scored in the last 8:17 of regulation or in OT. Others took shots, but Paige put the team on her back offensively. Also hit the floor with authority for 2-3 steals. Cuff the others on the back of the head and get them out of her way. What poise. How clutch. Shot after shot. Big Stage. Big game situations. 14 games into your career and people comparing you to Diana, Maya, Stewie, Bazz, Kemba, our legends.

Reaction Score
She had 6 steals (she really has a talent for that), and was the only UConn okay to score after the 8:47 mark in the fourth quarter.

Its just crazy.

Reaction Score
My comp for her is Donovan Mitchell.
Every time I watch her I get flashes of Shabazz. Incredibly fluid and almost effortless looking, a huge amount of confidence, and the ability to score effectively at all three levels. She’s going to be a lot of fun to watch as an upperclassman.

Reaction Score
I’m seeing the “first UConn player in school history to score 30 three games in a row” picture, but that’s just women right? Kemba did it too, correct?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Literally Paige Buckets is a great name for her. South Carolina knew Paige would get take those shots at the end and they couldnt do anything to stop her. What an amazing player. Even Geno thinks she is performing better than her high expectations.
thank you. it appeared in the first thread when she announced, at the first pages. like yogi said 'you can look it up.' and then last fall, when the season got going, the label 'disrupter' got hung on her. like yogi said 'you can look it up.' ur welcome.
the real issue here, for me, and for both the women and men boards, is apparently very few actually play the game. yeah, i said it, because umm, well....errrrr, context. anybody who actually steps on a court watching her, once, on tv, knows 'uh-oh. this one is special.'
paige buckets - the disrupter.
'disrupter' as in;
Everyone-has-a-plan-until.jpg

Reaction Score
She is amazing.......
Taurasi had more talent around which equal less points for Taurasi. Also geno was not ready to give a team to a freshman when Taurasi was a freshman

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
This team is gonna go bonkers with Fudd in the corner instead of Williams on those kickouts. 4 straight titles incoming?
idk aboot 4 straight, as it smacks of greed or arrogance, but i do like our chances for another trademarked and patented UConn double dip, ie both women and men win in the same year.
that's supercool.

Reaction Score
This years woman’s team really relies on 3 of their freshman to get the job done. I think they’re also getting the #1 overall recruit next year as wellz
M or F. The game relies on the three. So Geno coaches to it (Of course).

Then on the NBA. Level. IDK if multi 40 foot set shots by Steph makes it fun.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I enjoy watching her play, she's truly special. I'm not going to call her better than any of our all time greats just yet.

To me that designation belongs to Stewart, but I can't argue against any of other phenomenal choices from which we can choose.

The fact that Paige is being compared to them speaks volumes about her

Last edited:
Reaction Score
She’s here already. Saylor
Wrong player, Saylor is ranked top 30 incoming....Azzi Fudd is ranked #1 and is Paige’s best friend and considered by some to be better than Paige if you can believe that.... seriously....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom