Paige B | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige B

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
All I know is this.. we won both games she attended, with the two teams playing.
So she got to see it from both perspectives. UConn winning at home, (Sitting behind a Happy Bench) ND losing at home.. (Sitting behind a Depressed Bench)
If that isn't enough to help her pick UCONN, then it wasn't meant to be.. It is my Humble opinion that UCOnn has presented the best presentation to date in the bid for her talents :) Let's Go Huskies we have done our part!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
There was a time, not so long ago, that we pretty much keep the volume down on recruiting during the season. I allowed myself to be drawn into it for this last class (of our 1), but Sunday's win tells me to focus on a very good team that may have a Legend blooming in front of us. Naturally we will read the tea leaves when recruits are "in the building", but we have a special team jelling in Storrs and I'm going to revel in that.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
There was a time, not so long ago, that we pretty much keep the volume down on recruiting during the season. I allowed myself to be drawn into it for this last class (of our 1), but Sunday's win tells me to focus on a very good team that may have a Legend blooming in front of us. Naturally we will read the tea leaves when recruits are "in the building", but we have a special team jelling in Storrs and I'm going to revel in that.
You're such a "kill-joy"! :rolleyes:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
You're such a "kill-joy"! :rolleyes:

Thanks for receiving it in good humor. I'm not criticizing in any way anyone for keeping things going on the recruiting front, though as I mentioned previously it has revved up. To each his/her own. I just want to enjoy my team's season.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Amen, Amen, Amen

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Look, all of this is supposed to be entertainment, discussion and a chance to learn something. I do enjoy hearing a name and then looking up who they are and following them. My first really foray into this was the recruitment of KLS and I have enjoyed watching her process unfold into what she has become. I mildly watched, Maya's recruitment, KML's, Stewie's and then more involved with Ekmark/Williams/Nurse/Edwards (truth be told, I was really following Ekmark then hoping she would be a star, alas not to be).

I am impressed with many of our colleagues knowledge and their posting other board comments on their take of recruits. Where I stop is the full fledge "angst, frustration followed by doom and gloom" when a recruit chooses another school. I try to stay out of the "what if" aspect which far too many of our colleagues engage in here-notably A'ja Wilson choosing SC and the lack of her development was a favorite refrain. Yet, she did win a NC, was POY, the #1 pick, WNBA ROY and will be a presence on the USA Team for years to come, so all did not turn out too bad for her.

I did say "try to stay out of" as I do find myself a bit saddened we weren't selected as their choice and have been known to lash out in a post or two...:oops:

Anyway, I will learn from this and happily watch Ms. Bueckers and Ms. Fudd during the next year to see what unfolds with my main focus on the current team and really hoping KLS and Napheesa get a second NCAA title.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
... I mildly watched, Maya's recruitment, KML's, Stewie's and then more involved with Ekmark/Williams/Nurse/Edwards (truth be told, I was really following Ekmark then hoping she would be a star, alas not to be)....

While Ek hasn’t been a superstar, she’s getting a ton of minutes at ASU, and generally doing well.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
While Ek hasn’t been a superstar, she’s getting a ton of minutes at ASU, and generally doing well.

All while in her second year of law school. Now that is saying something. Gotta believe it is a first anywhere.

Way to go, Courtney.

She is also the only player in WCBB playing today with two Championship rings.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom