Paige’s rebuttal | The Boneyard

Paige’s rebuttal

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Holy crap those young ladies work their asses off. One thing I noticed is that they are working a LOT with heavy weights - not lighter weights for more reps endurance, etc. but heavier (less reps) weights for strength etc. .

Reaction Score
Holy crap those young ladies work their asses off. One thing I noticed is that they are working a LOT with heavy weights - not lighter weights for more reps endurance, etc. but heavier (less reps) weights for strength etc. .
They will need to be pushing Boston away from a rebound :)

sun

Reaction Score
Amari next to her mom Veronica Nowacki, and her sister on the right.
On the left is ass't coach Mike Del Valle

5fb99325ca183.image.jpg

https://twitter.com/amari_deberry/status/1048995483975389185/photo/1

39604018_156103376061249_r.jpeg

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It seems to me that Lou is really pushing herself to the limit. I am guessing she was not used to this level of training at Fairfield and needs to catchup in some sense.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It seems to me that Lou is really pushing herself to the limit. I am guessing she was not used to this level of training at Fairfield and needs to catchup in some sense.
I don’t know about Fairfield’s training program. But in one of the earlier UConn videos Lou was doing cleans with some serious weight on the bar.

Reaction Score
From these short weight room excerpts one thing appears abundantly clear. Ayanna is a seriously strong young lady.

I was unsure whether she had the necessary upper body strength but she has obviously spent a lot of time in the gym. She can soar like an eagle and stuff. Can she be the next Dr J? :eek:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I was unsure whether she had the necessary upper body strength but she has obviously spent a lot of time in the gym. She can soar like an eagle and stuff. Can she be the next Dr J? :eek:
It is my understanding that Ayanna’s dad got her into the weight room at a relatively young age and she took to it like the proverbial duck to water…..a very, very strong duck.

Reaction Score
why didn't she try to get stronger her 1st 2 seasons? I feel as someone should have told her after the Arizona game to get stronger, she got pushed around a lot that game.

Reaction Score
Keep Azzi out of the weight room please, we do not need UConn's best shooter anywhere near dumbbells after that gym injury where she dropped the dumbbell on her foot. She's still healing and it makes me nervous

Reaction Score
why didn't she try to get stronger her 1st 2 seasons? I feel as someone should have told her after the Arizona game to get stronger, she got pushed around a lot that game.
posted last offseason the team needed to get stronger especially vs teams like South Carolina. Turns out Geno knew that too, South Carolina offseason workout videos looked super intense. One of the videos had the whole team carrying a huge rope and climbing steps looked pretty tiring. Can see why they had the stamina all season in a tough SEC.

Reaction Score
I think she did get stronger but it's just a gradual process. Perhaps with her being a bit healthier this off season they can help bring her strength to another level. But that's the fascinating thing about the off season and player growth. Sometimes you do see big jumps in players, sometimes it's not noticable despite all the effort behind the scenes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom