Paige’s rebuttal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige’s rebuttal

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think she worked hard on getting stronger last summer after freshman year. In the 1st game against Arkansas where she went for a career high 34. she went again and again into the post and she looked physically stronger to me (and I believe Geno said something to that effect prior to the season opener). Probably, she took a step back after her knee injury. Even if her upper body is injury free, you cant just do all the upper body training while on crutches (although I guess that is some training in its own right :rolleyes:)

She will be as strong as her body will allow and it wont be because she is not doing her utmost to optimize it

sun

Reaction Score
why didn't she try to get stronger her 1st 2 seasons? I feel as someone should have told her after the Arizona game to get stronger, she got pushed around a lot that game.
Paige had ankle surgery after season #1 was over.
She posted videos of some of her private workouts while rehabbing her ankle during the summer.
I believe that she traveled visiting private facilities to build strength, and I imagine that she used her own funds to pay for all of the workouts.
That did result in her getting much stronger, and before season #2 began she appeared to be in top shape.

Reaction Score
It seems to me that Lou is really pushing herself to the limit. I am guessing she was not used to this level of training at Fairfield and needs to catchup in some sense.
Nope… Lou pushes herself to the limit because that is what Lou does. Some do it because coach said so, some do it with something to prove, some do it to achieve a goal. But then there are some who simply push themselves to the limit because they love it! They love how it feels in that moment. And they love it even more when there are teammates around them who love it too.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry but hers a woman, Paige, who won every national award she was eligible for and she wasn't strong enough? She was strong enough then. Can she get stronger and improve? Yes. As good as she's been I think this year could be historic..

Reaction Score
I'm sorry but hers a woman, Paige, who won every national award she was eligible for and she wasn't strong enough? She was strong enough then. Can she get stronger and improve? Yes. As good as she's been I think this year could be historic..

After her freshman season, the opposition had the off-season to think about how to stop Paige. Many (most?) of them concluded: "Get physical with her!" Her work in the weight room wont change that strategy, but it will help reduce its effects.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
After her freshman season, the opposition had the off-season to think about how to stop Paige. Many (most?) of them concluded: "Get physical with her!" Her work in the weight room wont change that strategy, but it will help reduce its effects.
EXACTLY!!..well said! All Teams look at film to develop a game plan to slow or stop the other teams major strengths, the Uconn coaching staff does a great job of game planning.

Reaction Score
Dollars to donuts she’d give all those individual awards back for a NC. This isn’t tennis or golf. She ain’t done nothing….. yet!

Reaction Score
I know nothing about lifting weights but it would seem to me that lifting such large amounts of weights would potentially cause back injuries. It looks like too much on some of those routines. I thought growing up more reps but lower weight was better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom