Paging Fishy & Tom | The Boneyard

Paging Fishy & Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
a couple weeks ago, I sent a message to you both. I think? Did you receive something in the way of a (conversation) about a Boneyard Podcast idea? Let me know what you think, as an enhancement to the Yard. Mike

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Sorry.

I got it, read it, started to write a response and then I was distracted - perhaps by something shiny.

Sounded like a creative idea to me if you want to run with it.

Plenty of free podcast software and hosting out there, so cost doesn't seem to be a huge issue.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Ok, I'm going to private message you a few general thoughts before I look into it further. Thanks-

Reaction Score
Can we get the site to load correctly before enhancing it any more? Since a few weeks after we switched from the old board, 8 out of 10 times when I click on a thread here it doesn't open and/or it boots me back to the main page. It's very frustrating. And it's not just me... Awhile back I started a thread asking if others were having issues and within a day, 10+ responded they were experiencing the exact same things. During peak times the site is almost unsable. I have a new pc... a fast connection... I use IE explorer, but have no issues on any other website. What's the deal with this site?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I have never had a problem with it except for when I try to use IE 10.

Using Chrome or Safari...no problems.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
You shouldn't use IE for anything. Just use Chrome.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Meh I use Chrome and this website more than others still times out a lot. Constantly have to refresh to try to open a thread.

Reaction Score
I have a Mac at work where I also use a Windows platform (because of some software I use at work that can't be used on Macs). Using IE the Boneyard is really, really slow and basically unusable. Using Safari on the same Mac the Boneyard works fine.

Reaction Score
a couple weeks ago, I sent a message to you both. I think? Did you receive something in the way of a (conversation) about a Boneyard Podcast idea? Let me know what you think, as an enhancement to the Yard. Mike

Great,great,great idea! Two of the major college hoops outlets(CBS,ESPN) have pods that are pretty good. There are very few pods dealing exclusively with a particular school. Puke and Ohio State have them I'm pretty sure; and there are a few others. I don't know how much work this would make for you BUT I will be happy to be a regular and loyal listener. You may not be able to get so-called "personalities" to do interviews right away; but, with solid content(and members of The Horde available), I think this can be something pretty special.

GO HUSKIES!!!

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
I have never had a problem with it except for when I try to use IE 10.

Using Chrome or Safari...no problems.
Or Firefox, the browser of champions.

Reaction Score
Can't anything be done to make the predominant UConn hoops site compatible with the most used web browser on the planet? This is the only site I know of that has an issue with IE Explorer. It's not a Norfolk St site... this is a site for UConn hoops! To say it cant be used by IE is kind of sad. Do we tell all visitors to change browsers to visit? It would seem that it should be a bigger priority to work on that than things like podcasts.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Can't anything be done to make the predominant UConn hoops site compatible with the most used web browser on the planet? This is the only site I know of that has an issue with IE Explorer. It's not a Norfolk St site... this is a site for UConn hoops! To say it cant be used by IE is kind of sad. Do we tell all visitors to change browsers to visit? It would seem that it should be a bigger priority to work on that than things like podcasts.
Feel free to enforce the W3C standards over there in Redmond.
BTW- When Chrome overtook IE as the most used browser it was said to be a blip, a statistical error. However, what cannot be denied is that IE is losing the browser wars and losing badly. Agreed, Firefox lost some ground to Chrome; however, there is no doubt, that IE is losing ground to Chrome, to Firefox, to 'ing Safari! So this demand that a fan driven site comply with the need to support a poorly designed browser is simply silly. (And if you write any code, you know how badly IE responds to the most mundane of items. Crikey! it freezes when it encounters comments in the code! And if you write code without comments you may as well not write anything at all. Comments are notes in the code to other hackers. They tell the next poor slob why I set a variable to a given value or to change that variable to affect a given function. They are necessary and absolutely vital to maintenance of any large scale web site.)

GemParty

Reaction Score
Talk about a Hijacked thread! Thanks to UConn Hoops 1 for mentioning the Podcast idea. Is everyone aware there is a board for tech/ problem questions?

Reaction Score
Ok, I'm going to private message you a few general thoughts before I look into it further. Thanks-

What would it do on a sports message board? I know for music people 'cast' music playlists.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Sports talk directed towards UConn Men's Hoops

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If you can get some good discussion and/or guests, I think that would be a pretty cool idea. It's a little tough in the offseason, but I think it would be great for game recaps and the like... and the format could work well for football too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom