Pacquiao/Mayweather rematch | The Boneyard

Pacquiao/Mayweather rematch

Reaction Score
It would have been a great fight a decade ago, when they finally fought it was a huge letdown. Now it would be a disaster. There are so many good young boxers that this should never take place. GGG v. Canelo tonight, can't wait.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Who would possibly pay to see that after their last fight was so awful?

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Their last fight was the worst PPV fight I’ve ever seen

Reaction Score
Canelo stalked GGG all night. I had with slight lead. GREAT FIGHT.

Reaction Score
If people are willing to waste their money on this fight, Mike Frances’s app has a chance.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Very good fight but GGG outjabbed and hurt him in the 10th. Most analysts think GGG won the second fight as well or at worst a draw. ... but the outcome was to be expected.

In the first fight GGG stalked Canelo much more than Canelo stalked him last night and that was a draw.

Canelo stalked GGG all night. I had with slight lead. GREAT FIGHT.

Reaction Score
Very good fight but GGG outjabbed and hurt him in the 10th. Most analysts think GGG won the second fight as well or at worst a draw. ... but the outcome was to be expected.

In the first fight GGG stalked Canelo much more than Canelo stalked him last night and that was a draw.
Last night I had as a draw or GGG winning by like a round. Two of the judges had Canelo winning the last round which I just don't see, GGG won the last 3 rounds. Just a great fight last night but must be so disappointing for GGG to have waited all these years and still somehow not have a scorecard win over Alvarez.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I know GGG won the first first and I think he won the second. Very close fight, though.

The scoring in the last round...was odd.

My guess is a third fight on the first Saturday in May.

As for Mayweather, I think he was tired of people not talking about Mayweather.

In some ways, that fight will be easy to set up - neither fighter has a promoter in the way.

But where are they going to hold it? I don't think Vegas is an option because Manny's likely never stepping foot in the United States again.

Reaction Score
I know GGG won the first first and I think he won the second. Very close fight, though.

The scoring in the last round...was odd.

My guess is a third fight on the first Saturday in May.

As for Mayweather, I think he was tired of people not talking about Mayweather.

In some ways, that fight will be easy to set up - neither fighter has a promoter in the way.

But where are they going to hold it? I don't think Vegas is an option because Manny's likely never stepping foot in the United States again.
Don't want a third fight. If they ever fought a few years ago like they should have, Canelo has zero chance.

He's still good enough to win but we are seeing a diminshed GGG these days. He doesn't have the sting in the punches that he used to and Canelo can't knock him out, watching Alvarez win on the judges cards for a third time would be too much.

Reaction Score

Canelo is a counter puncher so GGG stalking him and Canelo backing up and countering was expected. Last night you saw GGG backed up for the 1st time ever. Canelo was noticeably smaller. Razor thin decision that was basically a counter flip. Thought Canelo worked his body good and had GGG covering up his body and breathing out his mouth.

I don't think anyone expected Canelo to come forward all night on the fearsome power puncher.

Reaction Score
Who would pay to watch a guy who doesn’t hit hard enough to knock someone out fight a guy who just plays defense the entire time? Can we all save ourselves the time and money and give Mayweather a decision now?

Reaction Score
The fight last night was great. Thought GGG should have won 115-113 or draw but wasn't surprised the judges saw it in favor for Canelo. The fight was extremely close.

Just not buying Canelo beat GGG. Should have been a draw. I always feel that if you are taking a world title holders belts you have to actually win the fight without a doubt and that wasn't the case last night

Reaction Score
The fight last night was great. Thought GGG should have won 115-113 or draw but wasn't surprised the judges saw it in favor for Canelo. The fight was extremely close.

Just not buying Canelo beat GGG. Should have been a draw. I always feel that if you are taking a world title holders belts you have to actually win the fight without a doubt and that wasn't the case last night

Youre not buying it because you know what you saw. I know why Canelo got the nod but i find it laughable when a guy CLEARLY loses 3 of the last 4 rounds of the fight and likely all four but still wins the fight. I had it 116-112 GGG which at first i thought was crazy and maybe i had an off night scoring but i keep seeing similar scores from others who scored it. Meh doesnt matter. Its just boxing being boxing. GGG was robbed twice. Hed be nuts to give Canelo a third fight. Other than a big pay day its a no win situation for GGG.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom