Pacquiao/Mayweather rematch | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Pacquiao/Mayweather rematch

Reaction Score
The fight last night was great. Thought GGG should have won 115-113 or draw but wasn't surprised the judges saw it in favor for Canelo. The fight was extremely close.

Just not buying Canelo beat GGG. Should have been a draw. I always feel that if you are taking a world title holders belts you have to actually win the fight without a doubt and that wasn't the case last night
Not unreasonable. I just had it reversed due to the body work that obviously affected GGG, but also the fact that he walked him down. Never thought I would see the day that was done to him. By a junior middleweight no less. That fight was a coin flip. Teddy Atlas called it a robbery against GGG, while Andre Ward saw it for Canelo "without question". That's how close that was. A shame neither one of those guys made what McGregor did his doe his farce last year with Mayweather.

Reaction Score
Not unreasonable. I just had it reversed due to the body work that obviously affected GGG, but also the fact that he walked him down. Never thought I would see the day that was done to him. By a junior middleweight no less. That fight was a coin flip. Teddy Atlas called it a robbery against GGG, while Andre Ward saw it for Canelo "without question". That's how close that was. A shame neither one of those guys made what McGregor did his doe his farce last year with Mayweather.
The real shame is Canelo waited GGG out until he was a diminished fighter. GGG finally gets a big payday and the recognition he deserved his whole career and although diminished does enough to at least win one of the fights and maybe both, yet he walks away without a win. It's everything that's wrong with boxing.

Reaction Score
The real shame is Canelo waited GGG out until he was a diminished fighter. GGG finally gets a big payday and the recognition he deserved his whole career and although diminished does enough to at least win one of the fights and maybe both, yet he walks away without a win. It's everything that's wrong with boxing.
Canelo was fighting a full weight class below him. Conversely Andre Ward was one full weight class above GGG and calling him out. Unless you're going to claim GGG ducked Ward, it's hard to claim Canelo ducked him.

I think both fighters were smart to not take on the bigger man in their primes.

Reaction Score
Canelo was fighting a full weight class below him. Conversely Andre Ward was one full weight class above GGG and calling him out. Unless you're going to claim GGG ducked Ward, it's hard to claim Canelo ducked him.

I think both fighters were smart to not take on the bigger man in their primes.
The fight that was on the table a few years ago was GGG Alvarez. Fighting Ward made no sense at the time, GGG hadn't had big paydays and wasn't the household name he should have been. GGG v. Alvarez would have brought him both. Canelo gave up his belt just to avoid the fight, so GGG has to wait around a couple of years and then gets robbed whwn it finally happens. they schedule a rematch and Canelo gets popped for clen making GGG wait around again.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Very interesting that 98% of ringside media had it for Golovkin or a draw....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom