PAC 12 WBB News | Page 18 | The Boneyard

PAC 12 WBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Stanford undefeated in league play and likely to remain so after taking a look at the schedule. Having pulled two road wins at difficult road courts the rest of the schedule looks like smooth sailing. Eugene and maybe Corvallis could be iffy but no road game at Tucson is huge. Road games in LA not likely to be obstacles.

Reaction Score
Stanford undefeated in league play and likely to remain so after taking a look at the schedule. Having pulled two road wins at difficult road courts the rest of the schedule looks like smooth sailing. Eugene and maybe Corvallis could be iffy but no road game at Tucson is huge. Road games in LA not likely to be obstacles.
Agree, Stanford continues to impress. They are a tough team, that always seems to find a way to win. Stanford is the team the opposition just can't put away.

Reaction Score
Oregon State will likely be without it’s second leading scorer for the remainder of the season:

Reaction Score
Oregon State will likely be without it’s second leading scorer for the remainder of the season:

Darn injuries are awful...important players from numerous teams missing time this year

Reaction Score
That is a real bummer for OSU. However, it will give Mitrovic a lot of playing time, and she is making dramatic improvement as she gets more minutes. What OSU misses from Taylor are rebounds, & scoring around the rim. Two games in a row, OSU has been outrebounded, which would not be the case if Taylor was playing. Fortunately OSU is getting points from multiple players every night. Still have 6'9, 6'6", 2 x 6' 3", and tall athletic guards. OSU will be OK.

Reaction Score
What I have noticed is that Mitrovic plays better when she does not think she will be pulled out for every unsuccessful effort.. Scott has always had a quick hook in respect to her. Taylor tends to be more shot oriented. while Brown and Mitrovic focus more on passing and assists. They just need to get Mitrovic the ball more and give her more confidence to take. more shots. In the past she was pulled out when she missed a couple. With her being the sub he had that option, but it did not help her confidence.

Reaction Score
Congrats, Oregon. Great game and with everyone getting back healthy or already healthy, this team is going to be force to deal with the rest of the season. Stanford slip up and play like they usually play, Oregon is going to challenge them for that Pac 12 title. Might not get the regular season PAC 12 title but that PAC 12 tournament title could be had. But great game, Oregon.

Reaction Score
Oregon moves from 17 to 12 in Net Rankings just behind the two teams they just beat: AZ (10) and UConn (11). That’s fine with me in general but…just as Oregon wasn’t a top team missing so many key players the current iteration of UConn isn’t either. Guess it’ll all get sorted out in the wash.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Sorry to hear about the injury to Taylor Jones. That's one of those losses a team can't fully compensate for, only mitigate — but I'm certain that Rueck and the available players will be up to the task. OSU will be an NCAA tournament team, I don't doubt.

Reaction Score
Sorry to hear about the injury to Taylor Jones. That's one of those losses a team can't fully compensate for, only mitigate — but I'm certain that Rueck and the available players will be up to the task. OSU will be an NCAA tournament team, I don't doubt.
We haven't heard how long Taylor Jones will be sidelined, maybe rest of the season. Good news is that 6' 9" freshman Jelena Mitrovic is playing better every game, and she is a monster of a rim protector, and, is our best passer at the 5. OSU continues to gel, and I too think they will be a NCAA Tournament team by end of season.

Reaction Score
Really late to this one - just watched the Oregon Arizona game after somehow managing to avoid finding out the outcome before having the chance to DVR it. I can't say I'm at all surprised that a controversy over aggressive officiating would come at the hands of Missy Barlow. (As some of you know, I have great antipathy for her ticky-tacky approach to officiating.)

I grew up in Oregon and am a big Ducks fan and there are few coaches I like more than Graves. So I say this with no animosity to Oregon, who I do think played better in the end. That said, I do think Barnes was right that the officiating favored Oregon insofar as it was very ticky tacky, which hurt Arizona's ability to stay aggressive on defense and favored the more offensively-oriented team. Two of the fouls on Ware, one on Reese (and one on Copeland) were really, really technical and/or marginal. And that is classic Missy.

Does that justify middle fingers and (likely fictional) accusations of f-bombs at Graves? No - categorically, no. But this game had all the hallmarks of the Missy Barlow special: super technical fouls/fouls that don't disrupt the player's natural movement, obsessive policing of, and interruptions to check, the clock, and multiple ref timeouts in the waning minutes to review seemingly trivial plays.

All I can say is I pray to the woofing gods that she calls the Colorado @ Stanford game because if she does, our offense will have free rein.
Very well stated. It truly was a classic Barlow-officiated game. As TheFarmFan accurately articulated, Barlow imposed her will and left her fingerprints on that game as she often does.

Reaction Score
Watched the Stanford vs Utah game last night. Utah is going to be a tough out for every PAC-12 Team. Was very impressed with all their new players. UTAH is legit and the road trip to UT & Colorado is going to be a challenge for every PAC-12 squad. This is why PAC-12 fares so well in the NCAA Tournament these days. Every game in the PAC-12 season is a war.

Reaction Score
Utah is going to be a tough out for every PAC-12 Team. Was very impressed with all their new players. UTAH is legit and the road trip to UT & Colorado is going to be a challenge for every PAC-12 squad.
I was thinking the same thing. Optimistically I expect Oregon to win all their home games but I see losses at Tucson, Boulder, SLC, and Corvallis. Winning any of those would be a steal. Hope to get road wins at ASU and the Washingtons though so we’ll see how that goes.

Reaction Score
No Oregon at WSU on this Sunday. WSU is in Covid protocol. . Previously postponed game Utah in Eugene now scheduled for next Wednesday.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Is Stanford the only Pac team that hasn't been on covid protocol at some point this year? Crazy. Washington just got back to playing and now Washington St. is out.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Watched the Stanford vs Utah game last night. Utah is going to be a tough out for every PAC-12 Team. Was very impressed with all their new players. UTAH is legit and the road trip to UT & Colorado is going to be a challenge for every PAC-12 squad. This is why PAC-12 fares so well in the NCAA Tournament these days. Every game in the PAC-12 season is a war.
They looked outstanding beating up on creampuffs in OOC. I was kinda disappointed they couldn't get a win against any of Gonzaga, BYU or Oklahoma, although 2 of the games were close. They had a furious rally that fell short against BYU, and they led most of the game by double digits against Oklahoma but fell apart down the stretch.

Agreed about the newcomers. Some of the veterans have kinda faded, but they've been getting steady contributions from a combo of Fr. and transfers. Jenna Johnson in particular has been very impressive.

Reaction Score
Good grief, this C-19 crap has to end. Just glad OSU wasn't playing at Gill. Hope OSU can get some of these games rescheduled.

Reaction Score

If you were truly cussed at all game long like one of your players said then you say in the article : “Of course, we are both coaches we yell at the court, ‘That’s not a foul,’ or this and that. That’s just what we both do — really nothing. I just think stuff was blown out of proportion and people were looking for something.”

So people were looking for something when you went on twitter first to comment about it in several tweets?

Just feels like if all the cards were laid out on the table for both sides it might have been put it to rest sooner. I just have a feeling both sides just agreed to sweep the whole thing under the rug. Not that there is anything wrong with that....I guess

I just find the whole thing very interesting for lack of a better word in how it was dealt or not dealt with by both schools. I am sure it was likely handled behind close doors because it was airing some dirty laundry by both sides.

It is some major back pedaling going on by both coaches after hearing what Kelly earlier this week and what Adia said today. It is almost their respective bosses told them what to say.

Notice I said "by both coaches" .

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is Stanford the only Pac team that hasn't been on covid protocol at some point this year? Crazy. Washington just got back to playing and now Washington St. is out.
Oregon hasn’t hasn’t had to miss a game due to COVID protocol within it’s team. For a couple games, they have had individual players unavailable due to COVID. However they have postponed three home games due to COVID protocol issues with the visiting team.

Last edited:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score

If you were truly cussed at all game long like one of your players said then you say in the article : “Of course, we are both coaches we yell at the court, ‘That’s not a foul,’ or this and that. That’s just what we both do — really nothing. I just think stuff was blown out of proportion and people were looking for something.”

So people were looking for something when you went on twitter first to comment about it in several tweets?

Just feels like if all the cards were laid out on the table for both sides it might have been put it to rest sooner. I just have a feeling both sides just agreed to sweep the whole thing under the rug. Not that there is anything wrong with that....I guess

I just find the whole thing very interesting for lack of a better word in how it was dealt or not dealt with by both schools. I am sure it was likely handled behind close doors because it was airing some dirty laundry by both sides.

It is some major back pedaling going on by both coaches after hearing what Kelly earlier this week and what Adia said today. It is almost their respective bosses told them what to say.

Notice I said "by both coaches" .
Probably true. But the way Adia talked in the article is pretty much the way I have always heard her speak, at a couple fan events, off-air at her live radio show, and in interviews.

I had forgotten that in 2020 I guess it was, we swept Oregon and Kelly got T'd up in both games. In fact I was at the game at McKale and, to be honest, he got homered. Or at least, it seemed like it. He was one pissed puppy on the bench. That I do remember, my seats are on the floor just on the home side of center court, so I had a good view.

As to Pellington's comments about what fans don't hear, she is sort of right. I can't hear the coaches unless they are yelling instructions extra loud; usually can't hear much the players say, and sometimes hear the refs interactions with the players. But I can well believe the players hear it all.

Reaction Score
Probably true. But the way Adia talked in the article is pretty much the way I have always heard her speak, at a couple fan events, off-air at her live radio show, and in interviews.

I had forgotten that in 2020 I guess it was, we swept Oregon and Kelly got T'd up in both games. In fact I was at the game at McKale and, to be honest, he got homered. Or at least, it seemed like it. He was one pissed puppy on the bench. That I do remember, my seats are on the floor just on the home side of center court, so I had a good view.

As to Pellington's comments about what fans don't hear, she is sort of right. I can't hear the coaches unless they are yelling instructions extra loud; usually can't hear much the players say, and sometimes hear the refs interactions with the players. But I can well believe the players hear it all.
But I bet it pales in comparison what offensive and defensive line men say to each other on every snap in football. LOL!

I never played college football but would think it is brutal with linemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom