Pac-12 tonight (Fri. 1/18) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Pac-12 tonight (Fri. 1/18)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Pretty sure she was released from the team. I watched a few games and she did not play well.

That's too bad. I think Wiese had a nice season in Australia last year, don't know what she's doing this season. Ex-OSU players have had fairly limited success as pros. Makes it all the more impressive what Rueck has done. The Final 4 year had 4 players that would eventually be drafted in the WNBA, but none of them made much of an impact at all. That was a strange year in general, but at least UW had Plum and Syracuse had Sykes. It's pretty unusual to get that far w/out any real future WNBA talent.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Not a single player in double figures for UW. OUCH. Two w/ 9, two w/ 8. They need lots and lots of help. I still like Wynn, but I don't know if she's gonna survive long enough to get it turned around. Looking like a second disastrous season in a row. Year 3 needs to show major improvement or it might be time to try something else.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
That's too bad. I think Wiese had a nice season in Australia last year, don't know what she's doing this season. Ex-OSU players have had fairly limited success as pros. Makes it all the more impressive what Rueck has done. The Final 4 year had 4 players that would eventually be drafted in the WNBA, but none of them made much of an impact at all. That was a strange year in general, but at least UW had Plum and Syracuse had Sykes. It's pretty unusual to get that far w/out any real future WNBA talent.
Weise is in Israel this season. Starts and averages just over 11ppg
A.S. Ramat Hasharon basketball, News, Roster, Rumors, Stats, Awards, Transactions, Details - eurobasket

Jilliane Alleyne also in Israel this year. She averages just over 20 ppg

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Jilliane Alleyne also in Israel this year. She averages just over 20 ppg

Surprised she hasn't done much in the WNBA. She did a darn good Chiney Ogwumike impression during her college career.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Okay, I watched Stanford-UW. Brutal. It actually should've been even worse. Cardinal opened up a big lead in Q1, then messed around during Q2 and about half of Q3. Then put the hammer down w/ a 17-1 run. UW just can't score enough points. Not one consistent shooter on that team.

Reaction Score
Surprised she hasn't done much in the WNBA. She did a darn good Chiney Ogwumike impression during her college career.
Her chances were hurt when she tore an ACL at the end of her senior year. She was drafted but wasn’t available to play that first season after the draft. Maybe she’ll get another shot.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Not a single player in double figures for UW. OUCH. Two w/ 9, two w/ 8. They need lots and lots of help. I still like Wynn, but I don't know if she's gonna survive long enough to get it turned around. Looking like a second disastrous season in a row. Year 3 needs to show major improvement or it might be time to try something else.
The program was left virtually depleted by Neighbors, and the lone starter from the 2017 team transferred. It takes time to rebuild a program from virtually scratch.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The program was left virtually depleted by Neighbors, and the lone starter from the 2017 team transferred. It takes time to rebuild a program from virtually scratch.

Romeo was a returning starter as well, but she missed a season with an injury, tried a comeback and then had to retire due to medical reasons. Also lost another pair of veteran guards in Briana Ruiz and Kelli Kingma and their only player w/ legit size in Deja Strother, all to what proved to be career ending injuries. None of them would've been stars but it's certainly nice to have some veterans around during a coaching change. That was an unbelievably bad run of luck. Neighbors' recruiting hadn't been very good. There are certainly all kinds of built in excuses. I wasn't expecting a conference contender or NCAA appearance. But last year was the worst in school history and this year is looking like a repeat. I'm not really seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Some decent incoming recruits next year, and I still think all 3 of this year's freshmen have potential. But I'm just not seeing any incremental progress. They desperately need a PG, don't have one and don't have one coming next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom