Pac 12 Sunday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Pac 12 Sunday

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
74-64 final. That score is REALLY deceptive. It wasn't close. It was 70-45 midway thru the 4th quarter. ASU added some window dressing late, but they got whupped. Ekmark finished w/ 15 points, 9 of it was late in the game. Oregon's FG% "plummeted" to 66%, it was 74% midway thru the 4th. Ionescu scored 26 on 11-15 FG and Hebard had 20 on 9-9.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I was going to say the same thing about the score. It wasn’t that close. Oregon was dominant. Civil War this weekend!!!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Civil War this weekend!!!

That's gonna be interesting. OSU has a long winning streak in the series (12 or 13 I think). Probably gonna be broken this year. OSU would probably be pretty happy w/ a split.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
There is currently a 4 way tie for 3rd in the Pac (UCLA, Cal, ASU and OSU). 2 more teams at 3-3. While the top 8 are fairly bunched up, the bottom 4 have clearly separated themselves already. 1-5 or 0-6.

Reaction Score
Will Oregon State be able to get off open 3's against Oregon next weekend? If Oregon State shooters are given time to shoot, they are darn good. Arizona didn't pressure OSU at all, like UCLA & USC, and OSU had time to run their offense. The teams that are successful against OSU, make them work hard to get it past half court. And then OSU doesn't have time to run their offense. Arizona applied little to no pressure. Good news is that OSU didn't play down to the level of Arizona.
I don't think it is entirely on the shooters being slow. Tudor has one of the quickest catch and releases I have ever seen. I think it's as much about the passers lack of court vision and recognition open players. It takes them too long to recognize the open players. There high turnover rate also gives evidence to that. It will help when Slocum becomes eligible next season and can play the point. Pivic hasn't played the point since the 7th grade and it shows.

Reaction Score
I don't think it is entirely on the shooters being slow. Tudor has one of the quickest catch and releases I have ever seen. I think it's as much about the passers lack of court vision and recognition open players. It takes them too long to recognize the open players. There high turnover rate also gives evidence to that. It will help when Slocum becomes eligible next season and can play the point. Pivic hasn't played the point since the 7th grade and it shows.
Agree, it has nothing to do with OSU's shooters being slow. It has everything to do with OSU getting into their offense. When your pocket is picked consistently in the back court, and/or, you use 15 seconds of the shot clock just getting your 1st pass in your set offense, it doesn't leave time to find the open player, or, make that extra pass to find an open shooter who has enough time to square their feet and shoot. Rueck changed up his press break by having OSU's center as an option to inbound or be a back court pass target. In addition the center (just like in men's basketball) jogs up to front court as the point guard follows behind. This will help the Beavers get the ball into the front court. I'll be at the Friday OSU vs UO game, at Gill Coliseum. Should be fun.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom