PAC 12 Media Day for wbb is Tuesday October 12 | The Boneyard

PAC 12 Media Day for wbb is Tuesday October 12

Reaction Score
Set your DVR (if you get the PAC12 Network).
Starting at 12pm pacific time, each team will have their coach and two players chat with PAC 12 Network wbb hosts (in past years it was Ashley Adamson and Mary Murphy) for 15 minutes.
Order of appearance (according to my Comcast TV guide):

Stanford (corrected 10/11)
Arizona State
California
Arizona
Colorado
Oregon State
Utah
Washington State
UCLA
USC
Washington
Oregon

Schedule for the separate Media Q&A (streamed live on the PAC 12 website and app):

10am--Commissioner George Kliavkoff
10:40--Colorado
11:00--Washington
11:20--UCLA
11:40--USC
1:00--Oregon State
1:20--CAL
1:40--Stanford
2:00--Arizona
2:20--Washington State
2:40--Oregon
3:00--Utah
3:20--Arizona State

Last edited:
Reaction Score
2021 Pac-12 Women's Basketball Media Day - Attendees

SchoolHead CoachStudent-Athletes
ArizonaAdia BarnesCate Reese
Sam Thomas
Arizona StateCharli Turner ThorneTaya Hanson
Jaddan Simmons
CaliforniaCharmin SmithDalayah Daniels
Leilani McIntosh
ColoradoJR PayneMya Hollingshed
Jaylyn Sherrod
OregonKelly GravesTe-Hina Paopao
Nyara Sabally
Oregon StateScott RueckTaylor Jones
Talia von Oelhoffen
StanfordTara VanDerveerLexie Hull
Haley Jones
UCLACori CloseGina Conti
Charisma Osborne
USCLindsay GottliebAlissa Pili
Jordan Sanders
UtahLynne RobertsKemery Martín
Brynna Maxwell
WashingtonTina LangleyNancy Mulkey
Haley Van Dyke
Washington StateKamie EthridgeCharlisse Leger-Walker
Krystal Leger-Walker

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Interesting that a couple teams are sending recently arrived transfers to media day.

Reaction Score
Interesting that a couple teams are sending recently arrived transfers to media day.
Washington and ____________? (Forgive me I am too lazy to look it up--tuned into some crazy CFB games)-- (ASU?)

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Washington and ____________? (Forgive me I am too lazy to look it up--tuned into some crazy CFB games)-- (ASU?)
UCLA (Conti)

Reaction Score
nice to see some Pac 12 love! Unfortunately fellas I don't get pac 12 network as many of you don't because the commisioner and whoever runs their tv contract doesn't want us to have access to the conference of champions as Bill Walton says.

Reaction Score
nice to see some Pac 12 love! Unfortunately fellas I don't get pac 12 network as many of you don't because the commisioner and whoever runs their tv contract doesn't want us to have access to the conference of champions as Bill Walton says.
I am pretty sure most if not all of Media Day Q&A will get posted on the PAC 12 website and probably YouTube

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Unfortunate news for Emily Bessoir and UCLA. She will miss the season with a torn ACL.

Reaction Score
PAC 12 Conference 2021-22 predictions anyone?

Feel free to add your own question(s).

1. Team with the best chance to upset Stanford for the conference title.
2. Most impactful new player(s) (freshmen or transfers)--limit of two, rank ordered
3. Surprise Team(s) (if any) that will finish significantly higher or lower in the final conference standings than most wbb pundits expect.
4. Conference player(s) (if any) that will be selected as AP All-Americans (1st or 2nd team)
5. Coach(es) (if any) that will be fired at the end of the season.
6. Will the PAC 12 finish the season with the most ranked teams in the final AP Top 25? AP Top 10?
7. Will Oregon and/or UCLA defeat Uconn?
8. Number of PAC 12 conference teams (if any) in the Elite 8.
9. Rodney Dangerfield award: the best conference player that doesn't get the respect/recognition she deserves.
10. Conference player you are most pulling for this season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
PAC 12 Conference 2021-22 predictions anyone?

Feel free to add your own question(s).

1. Team with the best chance to upset Stanford for the conference title.
2. Most impactful new player(s) (freshmen or transfers)--limit of two, rank ordered
3. Surprise Team(s) (if any) that will finish significantly higher or lower in the final conference standings than most wbb pundits expect.
4. Conference player(s) (if any) that will be selected as AP All-Americans (1st or 2nd team)
5. Coach(es) (if any) that will be fired at the end of the season.
6. Will the PAC 12 finish the season with the most ranked teams in the final AP Top 25? AP Top 10?
7. Will Oregon and/or UCLA defeat Uconn?
8. Number of PAC 12 conference teams (if any) in the Elite 8.
9. Rodney Dangerfield award: the best conference player that doesn't get the respect/recognition she deserves.
10. Conference player you are most pulling for this season.
1. Oregon has the best chance if they can live up to their potential and become cohesive considering all who was brought in, and all who has left
2. Nancy Mulkey from Washington to me might be the most impactful newcomer, and Greta Kampschroeder from OSU might be the most impactful freshman (TVO would've been my #1 if she didn't get an early start :cool:)
3. I feel like Washington could surprise some folks :eek:
4. If Haley Jones is consistent in the player she was in the FF and early season last year, she is All-American caliber
5. I could see the coaches of CAL, UT, or Colorado be in the very hot seat if there is not much improvement this year
6. I think the it will be close between the PAC and the ACC in who will finish with more teams in the AP Top 25
7. I have a hard time seeing UCLA knocking off Uconn - I think Oregon has a better chance
8. E8 Teams: Stanford, Oregon (has the potential), OSU (also has potential, they've upset teams in the past, and I never count them out)
9. I would say Taylor Jones from OSU (one of my favorite post players) - she to me is one of the most underrated post players in the country
10. Cameron Brink - I'm ready to see her sophomore leap and hopefully we can see her minutes increase dramatically this season & Tehina Pao-Pao - she is fun to watch and I am looking forward to her being and playing healthy

Some questions to add:
1. PAC-12 POY?
2. PAC-12 FOY?
3. PAC-12 DOPY?

Thesis: Complete ;):rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I got bogged down trying to answer question one :). Who came up with these questions anyway?, sheesh:). I agree with @cacoastfan that Oregon probably has the best shot--UCLA, Oregon State have a punchers chance--Arizona??. The other seven teams would require divine intervention.

10. I am pulling for Angela Dugalic--I think she was never given a fair chance at Oregon last year with Graves struggling to settle on a new post-Sabrina offense while finding PT for all his 5 star freshmen. With Bessoir now out for the year, she has a great opportunity at UCLA to
make a big impact.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Somewhat surprised to see Nancy Mulkey on the Washington team.
How many years has she played college basketball ?

Reaction Score
Somewhat surprised to see Nancy Mulkey on the Washington team.
How many years has she played college basketball ?
2016-17 Freshman at Oklahoma
2017-18 Sat out due to transfer rule (to Rice)
2018-19 RS Soph at Rice
2019-20 Junior at Rice
2020-21 Senior at Rice (COVID season doesn't count against any player)
2021-22 UW (this would be her 4th year playing)

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
I've seen different orders/times for the team press conferences on Tuesday in different places, but I think I've mostly figured it out.

The Pac-12 web page 2021 Pac-12 Women's Basketball Media Day shows 20 minute slots starting right after the 10am PT kickoff with the commissioner. I think these are actual press conferences with media asking unscripted questions. It looks like they will be available to the public "on demand," meaning on the Pac-12 web site and app

My Comcast guide shows 15 minute slots starting at noon PT with Stanford, after several reruns of the commissioner's slot starting at 10am PT (?!). These must be chitchat with Pac-12 network studio hosts, or maybe a combination of that with material from the press conferences. This other Pac-12 page also mentions the team slots starting at noon: Pac-12 announces student-athletes headed to San Francisco for 2021 Basketball Media Days

The press conference and studio slots are not in the same order.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've seen different orders/times for the team press conferences on Tuesday in different places, but I think I've mostly figured it out.

The Pac-12 web page 2021 Pac-12 Women's Basketball Media Day shows 20 minute slots starting right after the 10am PT kickoff with the commissioner. I think these are actual press conferences with media asking unscripted questions. It looks like they will be available to the public "on demand," meaning on the Pac-12 web site and app

My Comcast guide shows 30 minute slots starting at noon PT with Stanford, after several reruns of the commissioner's slot starting at 10am PT (?!). These must be chitchat with Pac-12 network studio hosts, or maybe a combination of that with material from the press conferences. This other Pac-12 page also mentions the team slots starting at noon: Pac-12 announces student-athletes headed to San Francisco for 2021 Basketball Media Days

The press conference and studio slots are not in the same order. Also my Comcast program guide's order doesn't match the order bloor listed. Mine has Stanford first, not last.
When I checked the Comcast tv guide on Saturday there was no 12 noon listing for Stanford--it has now been changed as you note above.
Thanks for the catch. I have revised my listing in post #1 above. Also, my Comcast tv guide in San Francisco is showing 15 minute slots for each team, not 30 minutes--corrected above.
The 15 minute Pac 12 Network live on-site tv interviews are a separate animal from the 20 minute press Q&A sessions which, as you note have a different order of appearance and will almost certainly be streamed live on the PAC 12 Network website and app.

Reaction Score
The PAC-12 makes it so difficult to follow anything they broadcast. PAC-12 website is as bad as I've seen anywhere. So difficult to navigate, and slow.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Thanks, 15 minutes, not 30... I had misread that! Will edit my post.

Reaction Score
as of 10:30am pacific, the PAC 12 website stream is working fine for me, watching the commish, Colorado is up in 10 minutes.

try this link for the Media Q&A--right now (10:48am) Colorado players are taking questions
click on the Media Day link to the right of the screen

Schedule for the separate Media Q&A (streamed live on the PAC 12 website and app):

10am--Commissioner George Kliavkoff
10:40--Colorado
11:00--Washington
11:20--UCLA
11:40--USC
1:00--Oregon State
1:20--CAL
1:40--Stanford
2:00--Arizona
2:20--Washington State
2:40--Oregon
3:00--Utah
3:20--Arizona State

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I don't know what the TV schedule ended up showing. So far it's been Stanford, Arizona St., Cal.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
With how her status blew up during the NCAAT, I'm shocked that Oregon didn't send Prince.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
With how her status blew up during the NCAAT, I'm shocked that Oregon didn't send Prince.
There doesn't seem to be an exact formula among the various teams. Do you send your best player? Team leader? Most experienced? Most outgoing personality? Sometimes those things coincide, and sometimes they don't.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
What the hell? Half of the highlight reel they showed of Washington was...Quay Miller, who transferred to Colorado. How hard could it possibly have been to not include highlights of a departed player? So DUMB.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom