Pac 12 as we know it: 23-24 Season Outlook | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Pac 12 as we know it: 23-24 Season Outlook

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Massey thought minimum conference losses was Stanford with 3.5, and we have an extremely favorable schedule...
Minimum? Or "expected losses"?

Current EL (before today's games) for Stanford is 2.17. By comparison, UCLA's is 4.75 and Colorado's is 5.49

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Is Brink playing? According to the box score zero fouls (when has that ever happened?), only 3 FGA and 2 rebounds. I'm not watching but that just seems like she hasn't been in the game since early in the first half w/ stats like that.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Minimum? Or "expected losses"?

Current EL (before today's games) for Stanford is 2.17. By comparison, UCLA's is 4.75 and Colorado's is 5.49
What I meant was that at the start of conference play, the fewest expected losses any Pac-12 had remaining was Stanford with 3.5.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
If I told you Brink would only have 6 points, would you think Oregon was trailing by 24 late in the 4th quarter?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Washington got a much needed win 62-60 over Arizona. Snapped a 4 game losing streak.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
ESPN stats don't show minutes, but Game Tracker is showing only 6 minutes for Brink. I really hope she isn't injured, but the way this season is going...

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I think I saw Washington St. started out with an 18-0 run against Arizona St. Game over at that point, they were just playing with their food after that. Margin has stayed about the same the rest of the way.

Oregon St.-Cal going down the wire. Back and forth affair. Cal dominated Q2, Beavs dominating Q4.

edit--this wouldn't be close if Beers wasn't having an abysmal night from the charity stripe--1-10; lock her in the gym!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Okay, I found something. Brink left the game after knee to knee contact at 3:45 of Q1, didn't return to the game. Went to the locker room but came back out later. Furd was up 20-0 at that point.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Is Brink playing? According to the box score zero fouls (when has that ever happened?), only 3 FGA and 2 rebounds. I'm not watching but that just seems like she hasn't been in the game since early in the first half w/ stats like that.
I read somewhere, that she was on a bike after the injury, back on the bench after that, and lifted Tara after the win. Perhaps a lot of precaution?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I read somewhere, that she was on a bike after the injury, back on the bench after that, and lifted Tara after the win. Perhaps a lot of precaution?
I certainly hope so.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
OK, I understand Arizona losing. But this stretch is ridiculous -

Last 5 games:

Lose by 1
Win by 1
Lose by 3
Lose by 2
Lose by 2

Oy.
They hate their fans? Can't be good for anyone's blood pressure.

Sunday won't be any easier, Cougs basically had the night off hosting ASU.

Reaction Score
Oregon St. outscored Cal 31-17 in Q4 to win by 7.
A strange game by some measures;

Oregon St. starters were 0 of 7 from 3 point range, while the subs were 8 of 11.
Cal led OSU by 14 points with only 4 minutes remaining in the 3rd period, but could not hold the lead.
OSU's starters scored only 25 points, while the bench scored 46 points!
3 bench players scored in double figures compared to only 1 starter
OSU scored only 6 points in the second quarter but scored 31 points in the 4th quarter. Go figure.
Backup OSU guard Paurova went 6 for 6 shooting, including 2 for 2 from 3 point range plus 2 for 2 from the foul line.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score

Last 5 games:

Lose by 1
Win by 1
Lose by 3
Lose by 2
Lose by 2

Oy.
That is just a slow torture. Arizona has been in all of those games and has only one win to show for it. We'll see how mentally tough those young ladies are...if they can continue on without fatigue or frustration and eventually, feelings of futility, setting in. Falling just a little short game after game after game can work two ways for a team going through a stretch like that: one with a positive outcome, and one with a negative outcome.

Plebe

Reaction Score

Last 5 games:

Lose by 1
Win by 1
Lose by 3
Lose by 2
Lose by 2

Oy.
That collapse at the end of regulation in Corvallis was devastating. Missed some free throws and gave up a wide-open 3 when the 3-point shot was the only thing that could hurt them. Then followed that up with losses to Oregon and both of the Washington schools.

Arizona is now 10-9 and in some danger of falling below .500 on the season. They strike me as a home-court hero kind of team, so they'll probably beat some more good teams there.

Plebe

Reaction Score
May you be dead wrong through the end of this weekend, at which point I'm on board. ;)
LOL notice I said “some good teams,” so I won't be wrong either way. :D

Kinda amazing that Stanford's toughest road games (at Colorado/Utah) are already behind them. They only get the LA schools at home, and their remaining road trips are to the lovely states of Arizona, Washington and Oregon.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
LOL notice I said “some good teams,” so I won't be wrong either way. :D

Kinda amazing that Stanford's toughest road games (at Colorado/Utah) are already behind them. They only get the LA schools at home, and their remaining road trips are to the lovely states of Arizona, Washington and Oregon.
[insert "there are no nights off in the Pac-12" sloganeering here]

Plebe

Reaction Score
[insert "there are no nights off in the Pac-12" sloganeering here]
Sloganeering aside, I hasten to add in all seriousness that even with Stanford's kindest-possible shake of the Pac-12 scheduling wheel, I would venture that it's still altogether a tougher conference schedule than any team in any other conference in the country will face. (Daring someone to prove me wrong there.)

Reaction Score
Sloganeering aside, I hasten to add in all seriousness that even with Stanford's kindest-possible shake of the Pac-12 scheduling wheel, I would venture that it's still altogether a tougher conference schedule than any team in any other conference in the country will face. (Daring someone to prove me wrong there.)
And OSU/Oregon have to play home-away with the top 5 toughest PAC-12 teams: Colorado, UTAH, USC, UCLA & Stanford. Also Arizona/ASU, and away only at WSU/Washington. If OSU makes it 9 wins, 9 losses in conference, it will be a victory compared to past 2 seasons.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Is Arizona St. actually much better than previously assumed? Just kinda have to pretend those near 40 point beat downs against Arizona and Oregon St. didn't happen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom