P5 plus BE Coaching Hot Seat | Page 3 | The Boneyard

P5 plus BE Coaching Hot Seat

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I wonder if Reiss will leave URI? She would make a great hire at a P5 school.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I wonder if Reiss will leave URI? She would make a great hire at a P5 school.
Two thoughts:
  • Don't say that too loudly. @DefenseBB is very happy with Tammi Reiss at URI and will not be happy with any rumors that she'd leave the Ocean State. :mad:
  • Plus, she looks happy there. She probably could've interviewed for the HC position at her alma mater, UVA, but chose not to. In fact, I think she signed an extension at URI (correct me if I'm wrong, @DefenseBB)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I think @Coler needs to stay in their own lane…:cool:

As @Dillon77 noted correctly, Tammi Reese signed a 10 year contract worth $4 million (plus incentives as well is my believe) and got a commitment to up her assistant coaches pay. She has been on record numerous times touting her relationship with Thor Bjorn, the AD, also stating she and her family love the area and the school. She has not only set season win records each of the past 2 years for wins, she has drastically improved the game attendance each of the past 4 years, from 429 per game the year before she arrived to 1,475 per game this year (6,011 fans in 2019 to 20,085 in 2023). That is no small feat considering how out of the way Kingston is.

Now that all said, a P5 salary of $800k per years is mighty tempting.

Reaction Score
I think @Coler needs to stay in their own lane…:cool:

As @Dillon77 noted correctly, Tammi Reese signed a 10 year contract worth $4 million (plus incentives as well is my believe) and got a commitment to up her assistant coaches pay. She has been on record numerous times touting her relationship with Thor Bjorn, the AD, also stating she and her family love the area and the school. She has not only set season win records each of the past 2 years for wins, she has drastically improved the game attendance each of the past 4 years, from 429 per game the year before she arrived to 1,475 per game this year (6,011 fans in 2019 to 20,085 in 2023). That is no small feat considering how out of the way Kingston is.

Now that all said, a P5 salary of $800k per years is mighty tempting.
Shakespeare In Love Applause GIF by MIRAMAX

Love it when I see an increase in attendance.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I will be posting how all the P6 tournaments have been doing once the Big 12 gets started. The trend is definitely up with the exception of one west coast P6 conference who will be further decimated soon....:D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom