Oz and staff partying last night? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Oz and staff partying last night?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Just to play contrarian, say he is out partying until 2 AM. The game is at 4. I don't know what coaches normally do before games, but I'm guessing it really doesn't matter when he's preparing to do those things. "Partying" is an extremely subjective term. As long as he's not doing anything to jeopardize his routine the next day...people have their routines. If we were winning it would be a sign of how loose everybody is.

It's about optics. If you're winning, you can do what you want. If you're losing, you have to pull your head in and fly right. Not a difficult formula.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
giphy.gif

Please clue me in on this staff partying undercurrent? If this exists and all of BY is aware, certainly AD Dave and the boosters are aware, right? I caught wind of a KO partying comment on BY a couple of months ago. If this is the case and is widely known w/in influential circles, it presents one hell of a negative perception of the program's leadership particularly in light of the near lifeless on-court product.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
caught wind of a KO partying comment on BY a couple of months ago. If this is the case and is widely known w/in influential circles, it presents one hell of a negative perception of the program's leadership particularly in light of the near lifeless on-court product.

Lotta rumors going around about this, but at the end of the day, it's about your final sentence. It doesn't matter if KO is out on the town, unless the on the court results aren't what they should be. Ultimately, the claims that he didn't do things like continue to recruit players like MAL, once they were already committed...that was an unforgivable sin. Again, I only speak of what particular posters (a few whom I trust) report.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Geno seemed to be hosting a private party late Saturday at MJ's

Just saying

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Please clue me in on this staff partying undercurrent? If this exists and all of BY is aware, certainly AD Dave and the boosters are aware, right? I caught wind of a KO partying comment on BY a couple of months ago. If this is the case and is widely known w/in influential circles, it presents one hell of a negative perception of the program's leadership particularly in light of the near lifeless on-court product.
I am more concerned about the "sabbatical from recruiting" that was commented on a couple of months ago.

C

Chief00

Oh come on, you need to let off alittle steam before being canned. I am all for it. Why does this has to be more painful than it is. Let the boys party.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Oz deleted the tweet. He did reply to me asking why they were getting sauced and he said something like “LMAO nobody was getting sauced unless you count the video coordinator”

Reaction Score
Oh come on, you need to let off alittle steam before being canned. I am all for it. Why does this has to be more painful than it is. Let the boys party.
I am ok with it. I am not ok with people trying to imply a hall of fame icon does the same thing. It would be painless if Willie et.al. would just let it go.

C

Chief00

I am ok with it. I am not ok with people trying to imply a hall of fame icon does the same thing. It would be painless if Willie et.al. would just let it go.
Understood.

Reaction Score
Geno seemed to be hosting a private party late Saturday at MJ's

Just saying

Not an apples-to-apples comparison and I think you know that. If Geno was reputed to be putting in less than full effort at important aspects of his job - and his program became a similar dumpster fire - then frequent, private parties would be an issue. Just saying.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It would be painless if Willie et.al. would just let it go.
This from the guy who created a death pool poll for our current coach, while there are still games to play.

You reap what you sow.

Reaction Score
This from the guy who created a death pool poll for our current coach, while there are still games to play.

You reap what you sow.
God, I hope so....

willie99

Reaction Score
Not an apples-to-apples comparison and I think you know that. If Geno was reputed to be putting in less than full effort at important aspects of his job - and his program became a similar dumpster fire - then frequent, private parties would be an issue. Just saying.

I simply don't throw in all your subjectivity just to sell my narrative. It's either wrong and a bad example, or it's something people in their position tend to do

I believe it's the later

Reaction Score
I simply don't throw in all your subjectivity just to sell my narrative. It's either wrong and a bad example, or it's something people in their position tend to do

I believe it's the later

Ok. What is the narrative that you are selling?

willie99

Reaction Score
Ok. What is the narrative that you are selling?

My narrative? Reasonable and customary and normal and acceptable behavior is reasonable and customary and acceptable and normal behavior whether or not a coach is winning or losing, or whether I like him or not, or whether he's a Democrat or a Republican or..........

I just don't spin innocent behavior into some sort of crime

Reaction Score
Just a dumb thing to tweet. Whatever the reason (fired/retained) plays right into a terrible narrative. If the coach is partying the night before a game what was the players doing? Resting?

Reaction Score
Ok I am the end of this thread. The tweet is no longer available. I have ready every post in this thread.

Who the hell is OZ?????

Oz is a self proclaimed "insider" who has been very wrong on several occasions.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Ok I am the end of this thread. The tweet is no longer available. I have ready every post in this thread.

Who the hell is OZ?????
One of KO's buddies. Supposedly a good guy but has a big mouth about pretty much everything.

Oz is a self proclaimed "insider" who has been very wrong on several occasions.
He's an actual insider. The stuff he's been wrong about – Diallo, a couple other guys being surprise departures last year – is stuff the staff's been wrong about.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score

Who the hell is OZ?????

The great and powerful...before you pull back the curtain.

If a hanger on is privy to so much inside info...shame on Ollie.

Reaction Score
My narrative? Reasonable and customary and normal and acceptable behavior is reasonable and customary and acceptable and normal behavior whether or not a coach is winning or losing, or whether I like him or not, or whether he's a Democrat or a Republican or.....

I just don't spin innocent behavior into some sort of crime

Would it be worthwhile to point out that your narrative is also subjective?

Your opinions on what is appropriate are less nuanced than mine, but they are not objective. So instead of accusing me of being less factual or analytical than you, you can just tell me that you don’t agree with my opinion.

Reaction Score
Would it be worthwhile to point out that your narrative is also subjective?

Your opinions on what is appropriate are less nuanced than mine, but they are not objective. So instead of accusing me of being less factual or analytical than you, you can just tell me that you don’t agree with my opinion.
1. He is full of cr@p. His narrative is that Ollie is a great coach and we should keep him.
2. You are WAY over his head.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom