Overheard at Missouri - South Carolina game..... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Overheard at Missouri - South Carolina game.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Might want to spell the names right, but that might just be a "sophisticated subterfuge" yall. Massengale is the most disappointing savior in the history of Tenn basketball. When you come out from under a bridge you should come with better material.
Not sure - Ashley Robinson and Angie Bjorkland might have something to say about that!!

Reaction Score
Carter Braves Massengale i love the freshman Neard I'm not a Tenn fan but they won 11 in a row holding opp. under 35%. And you can't denie they don't have Talent because their a top 10 team. USC is overrated who has they played??? Duke?? Syracuse?? Lol Lady Vols beat a Stanford team that we LOST to
HuskiesU, I've seen many instances of Tenn fans pretending to be UConn fans. Please don't embarrass yourself further by continuing that charade. It's ok to admit to being a Tenn fan here. Y'all understand?

Reaction Score
Might want to spell the names right, but that might just be a "sophisticated subterfuge" yall. Massengale is the most disappointing savior in the history of Tenn basketball. When you come out from under a bridge you should come with better material.
First of all yall jumping the gun that's MY opinion. And Massengale is having an outstanding season so far. But we shall see when they play each other. Lol some of y'all UConn fans

Reaction Score
HuskiesU, I've seen many instances of Tenn fans pretending to be UConn fans. Please don't embarrass yourself further by continuing that charade. It's ok to admit to being a Tenn fan here. Y'all understand?
No I'm not a Tennessee fan but I do see give credit where's credit do. Y'all don't understand before UConn it was Tennessee Dominanting and they won the last 3 games against UConn. Just because I bleed blue don't mean I have to bash other great teams that has so much History.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
If you went to Storrs you'd quickly find out it's nowhere near "the city." I assumed you knew that which is why I asked because when you get into the northeast corner of Connecticut, the city could mean Hartford or Boston. No one from that part of the state refers to New York as "the city."
If I had come up from Columbia I would have either driven and stopped in NYC for a few days or I would have flown into LGA, spent a few days in Manhattan and rented a car to drive to Storrs. I'm pretty familiar with New England.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change. HuskiesU I accept I cannot make any impression on your desire to attract negative attention on this board, but you could learn how to spell, punctuate and back your thoroughly ridiculous opinions with some statistics OR you could tell us all what is the secret husky handshake we share at our half ti me meetings and then I will accept you as kin, though maybe a little goofy lookin'.

Reaction Score
I forgot bout Welch she do play hard tho. Tough aggressive and mean. She might be my favorite on that team

I would put forth that Mitchell and Aleighsa Welch are the heart of the USC team, and have been for at least 2 seasons now. Most of the "insiders" who follow wcbb understand that too.

I also would disagree about the matchups between both Tennessee and South Carolina, but again that remains to be seen. UT is an excellent defensive team currently ranking 7th in the nation in scoring defense, but USC has been an elite team defensively under Dawn Staley, ranking in the top 10 in scoring D the past 3 seasons, and in the top 5 in the first 2 of those 3. USC currently has the #1 scoring defense in the nation, and has the 4th-ranked FG % defense (UT is 22nd) as well as the 30th-ranked 3pt FG % defense (UT is 119th).

Offensively USC isn't doing too badly: they are currently ranked 15th in scoring offense (UT is ranked 51st), and 6th in FG % (UT is ranked 95th).

The bottom line in our match-up this season is, the game will be played in Colonial Life Arena. IMO that will give USC a decided edge...

Reaction Score
No I'm not a Tennessee fan but I do see give credit where's credit do. Y'all don't understand before UConn it was Tennessee Dominanting and they won the last 3 games against UConn. Just because I bleed blue don't mean I have to bash other great teams that has so much History.
HuskiesU, I apologize. I'll amend my analysis: You were educated in Tenn, Live in Tenn, Watch Tenn games and are a UConn fan. It's admirable that a UConn fan can be objective enough to, "give credit where's credit do.":)

Reaction Score
LOLE="RockyMTblue2, post: 1196102, member: 250"]Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change. HuskiesU I accept I cannot make any impression on your desire to attract negative attention on this board, but you could learn how to spell, punctuate and back your thoroughly ridiculous opinions with some statistics OR you could tell us all what is the secret husky handshake we share at our half ti me meetings and then I will accept you as kin, though maybe a little goofy lookin'.[/QUOTE]
LOL i can tell your old. Never played basketball or never stepped on the court. Your just a fan of UConn greatness not the game of basketball

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="BI tolstiariladt post: 1196107, member: 193UConn skiesU, I apologize. I'll amend my analysis: You were educated in Teneighborhoodve in Tenn, Watch Tenn games and are a UConn fan. It's admirable that a UConn fan can be objective enough to, "give credit where's credit do.":)[/QUOTE]
LOL like i told the last person your only a fan of uconn greatness not the game of basketball. I was born in Norwalk Ct same neighborhood as Rita Williams

mr006

Reaction Score
We'll make up for it with 18,000+ at the USC/UCONN game in the real Columbia next season.

No doubt - should be a wild scene...
Hopefully, there will be some Barnyarders there. I had hoped to go up to Storrs for the game this year, but we have our annual meeting at work that weekend, which would give me less time to enjoy the trip and spend time in the City.

Well, it should be an interesting game here.. and if our teams stay where they are, it will be the third time (if my eyes, mind, and the online UConn Media guide are correct) that we are at #2 and play the #1 team at Gampel - and the first two were classics.

"Barnyarders"? Well, UConn *was* once an Ag school... and there *are* some animals present - LOL

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
No doubt - should be a wild scene...

Well, it should be an interesting game here.. and if our teams stay where they are, it will be the third time (if my eyes, mind, and the online UConn Media guide are correct) that we are at #2 and play the #1 team at Gampel - and the first two were classics.

"Barnyarders"? Well, UConn *was* once an Ag school... and there *are* some animals present - LOL
Roflol, I missed that. Good old error correct on here.

Reaction Score
And as even you point out the coaching, what talent you have on a team don't necessarily determine if you'll beat a team or not. Is Stanford more talented than UConn? Is Tenn-Chattanooga more talented than UT? I only posted common opponents for each team that have been played relatively recently, and then suggested that the final outcome between the two teams isn't clear right now....
Again your statemt has nothing to do what I mentioned. I didn'tsay USC will win or lose because Tenn has more talent. All I was saying is I think Tenn has better players and hope they win when they play each other. My opinion

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Let's see how Tennessee plays at Notre Dame on Monday before anyone starts making predictions they'll come into Columbia and beat the Gamecocks this season.

Reaction Score
Tennessee would need an extraordinary game from Massengale in order to beat South Carolina.
She's their only player who can shoot from outside, most of their points coming from close to the basket. South Carolina is the type of team with their size to minimize points near the basket.
First team to 60 wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69