Overheard at Missouri - South Carolina game..... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Overheard at Missouri - South Carolina game.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Come on Cockhrn , you must admit that the USC/Mizzou game didn't showcase USC's best effort. At least we hope that it wasn't their best effort....Thus , it wouldn't throw much fear into Husky faithfuls.
I'm beginning to think that's just how they are against any team with a pulse. Duke, Kentucky, Missouri...it's a pattern at this point. Luckily for them they have 3+ weeks to get it fixed.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Come on Cockhrn , you must admit that the USC/Mizzou game didn't showcase USC's best effort. At least we hope that it wasn't their best effort....Thus , it wouldn't throw much fear into Husky faithfuls.

Maybe not, but I'll take any SEC road game I can get. They gave Tennessee fits, too. Maybe we're saving sonething for the Huskies?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
USC is number 1 until they lose. I'm looking forward to 1 vs. 2 hype and commentators explaining how Connecticut hasn't faced a team like SC all year, close game, yada, yada...until the about the 7 minute mark and Connecticut goes on a killer run.

mr006

Reaction Score
Cheddie, I noticed that too......And was making the same comments as I watched the game.

Attendance: 1440, per the box score on the Missouri site. I'd like to think UConn would have drawn at least 2500?

BTW, for comparison, Hartford had only 8 less fans at their last game vs Maine...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I watched the first half of the game and a little of the second half ... both teams were frenetic ... run and gun ... a pace so fast that neither team seemed to settle into a poised state ... shots didn't fall often ... misses often seemed caused more by a lack of focus or sometimes patience ... yes, USC won, as I expected ... but the overall performance was not pretty for either team ... and yes, the gold background seats were largely empty ...

Reaction Score
UT beat Mizzou in Knoxville by 10 - USC beat Mizzou in Columbia, MO by 11

UT beat AU in Auburn by 12 - USC beat AU in Columbia, SC by 19

IMO it remains to be seen who's better between USC and UT....
What you beat a team by don't define how a team is better. I'm talking about talent I think Tenn has more talent than USC I know they have Aja Wilson and Tiff Mitchell but Lady Vols has some players who just plays there heart out. Like Duke's coach P I believe its the coaching they can't jump to the next level

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
What you beat a team by don't define how a team is better. I'm talking about talent I think Tenn has more talent than USC I know they have Aja Wilson and Tiff Mitchell but Lady Vols has some players who just plays there heart out. Like Duke's coach P I believe its the coaching they can't jump to the next level

Here that refrain from Tenn fans all the time. We are a better club because we have the more talented players, a refrain used to make them feel better about a loss to Team X. Recently, too, the logic has been expressed as: We have better talent, yet we lost because Holly is a rotten coach and should be sacked. As afr as Tenn players playing their hearts out, I'd like to know their names other than Izzie Harrison.

Reaction Score
A pox on your house.
Some of yall are going by the names and the fact they are # 1. We all know Aja Wilson Tiffany Mitchell is the heart of that team but Tenn is deep with players and once they start executing on the Offense end they will be hard to beat because there D is very good. USC is overratted. Tenn won 11 in a row only lost to a Texas team they will beat now and Chatt a team who always play them tough

Reaction Score
Here that refrain from Tenn fans all the time. We are a better club because we have the more talented players, a refrain used to make them feel better about a loss to Team X. Recently, too, the logic has been expressed as: We have better talent, yet we lost because Holly is a rotten coach and should be sacked. As afr as Tenn players playing their hearts out, I'd like to know their names other than Izzie Harrison.
Carter Braves Massengale i love the freshman Neard I'm not a Tenn fan but they won 11 in a row holding opp. under 35%. And you can't denie they don't have Talent because their a top 10 team. USC is overrated who has they played??? Duke?? Syracuse?? Lol Lady Vols beat a Stanford team that we LOST to

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Attendance: 1440, per the box score on the Missouri site. I'd like to think UConn would have drawn at least 2500?

BTW, for comparison, Hartford had only 8 less fans at their last game vs Maine...
We'll make up for it with 18,000+ at the USC/UCONN game in the real Columbia next season.

Reaction Score
Some of yall are going by the names and the fact they are # 1. We all know Aja Wilson Tiffany Mitchell is the heart of that team but Tenn is deep with players and once they start executing on the Offense end they will be hard to beat because there D is very good. USC is overratted. Tenn won 11 in a row only lost to a Texas team they will beat now and Chatt a team who always play them tough
It's been about a decade since Tennessee has executed on offense, so I'm not overly worried.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Carter Braves Massengale i love the freshman Neard I'm not a Tenn fan but they won 11 in a row holding opp. under 35%. And you can't denie they don't have Talent because their a top 10 team. USC is overrated who has they played??? Duke?? Syracuse?? Lol Lady Vols beat a Stanford team that we LOST to

Might want to spell the names right, but that might just be a "sophisticated subterfuge" yall. Massengale is the most disappointing savior in the history of Tenn basketball. When you come out from under a bridge you should come with better material.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
No doubt - should be a wild scene...
Hopefully, there will be some Barnyarders there. I had hoped to go up to Storrs for the game this year, but we have our annual meeting at work that weekend, which would give me less time to enjoy the trip and spend time in the City.

Reaction Score
Hopefully, there will be some Barnyarders there. I had hoped to go up to Storrs for the game this year, but we have our annual meeting at work that weekend, which would give me less time to enjoy the trip and spend time in the City.
Which city are you referring to?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Which city are you referring to?

Only one city doesn't need any further description. New York, of course. Both of my parents were born and raised in Manhattan, so it's like my second home.

Reaction Score
Only one city doesn't need any further description. New York, of course. Both of my parents were born and raised in Manhattan, so it's like my second home.
If you went to Storrs you'd quickly find out it's nowhere near "the city." I assumed you knew that which is why I asked because when you get into the northeast corner of Connecticut, the city could mean Hartford or Boston. No one from that part of the state refers to New York as "the city."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom