Overall First Impressions at Halftime (From the Stands) | The Boneyard

Overall First Impressions at Halftime (From the Stands)

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
This is not a game thread. I am not commenting on any specific play. -- just overall first impressions of this year's team.

Lou is the real thing as a scorer -- 18 points at halftime. And she can drive to the hoop and make contested layups. Her defense appears to be at least adequate. All her play seems to be in the flow of the team's play -- she isn't freelancing.

Ayanna is really something. With her athleticism, the only past UConn post player to compare her to is Tina Charles. But really, I would say that she is a a smaller and probably less strong version of Aliyah Boston. Her relentlessness is quite comparable.

Overall team defense seems more than acceptable against this overmatched opponent. They are practicing a zone at the beginning of the second half.

Aubrey looks like her old self. She seems to be playing a 2-guard position.

Amari and Ines do not seem to be part of the rotation. They have not entered the game as of late in the third quarter.

Reaction Score
Ayanna is really something. With her athleticism, the only past UConn post player to compare her to is Tina Charles. But really, I would say that she is a a smaller and probably less strong version of Aliyah Boston. Her relentlessness is quite comparable.
I'd agree, except about the strength comparison. I think Ayanna is as strong as anyone in D1 WBB.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Patterson seems strong and athletic. However, I did notice she was pretty winded later in the game.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Patterson seems strong and athletic. However, I did notice she was pretty winded later in the game.
It was from all those missed shots. She had to rebound them and put them back up, just have to rebound them again.;)

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I can't fathom why a BB talent like Amari seems so lost.
A really sad situation

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
She was banging and getting defended pretty hard all game

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
She was banging and getting defended pretty hard all game
True, she was working hard. But on the other hand, so was everyone else (almost). Just something I noticed. Didn't notice it with anyone else on the team (even like Senechal who ran around like crazy and played 10 minutes more - though she did cramp up). Just not something you ever see with UCONN.

Not worried about it or anything, if she needs a breather, I'm sure they'll give her one. It's not like, at this time (knock on wood), we need her for 40 minutes. And I'm sure she'll get better as the season goes on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom