Over/Under Win Totals | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Over/Under Win Totals

Reaction Score
If I bet I’ll go under. But in my heart I think we will be better. Offensive line will be pretty good. Running backs will be pretty good and receivers will be good. Qb is a question but I think he is ok. The d scares me but I keep telling myself it is better because A. They know it better. B. Personnel are better matched. C it is impossible to be worse without playing with only 9 guys. Finally while I liked Lashlee i think his importance was more symbolic than anything and I thought he had some lapses. A quick 3 and out with a bad defense does his team no favors and I saw that a few times where slowing the tempo would have given the d a chance. One game I forget which now. We were in it the defense made a stop after a fairly long drive. O came out went 3-out in what seemed like 10 secondsand a tired bad defense collapsed. Tempo is a weapon but he didn’t get that.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Honestly, I don't see a loss on the schedule. We'll start the season off right with a W over the undefeated national champs at home. UCONN 28, UCF 21 We do not sleep on the Civil ConFLiCT!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Three factors.
  1. I think the team will be better. Probably better on both sides of the ball. I expect that the team will have a better grasp of the defensive system this year.
  2. I think the league is a bit worse than last year. UCF is good, but won't be as good. There is more depth, and it's less top heavy. We also miss Navy and Houston, two of the four top teams.
  3. Out of conference schedule (FBS) was @BC, @UVA, Mizzou. Next year @Boise, @Syracuse and UMass. That goes from a likely zero wins to at least one possible/likely win.
All in all it should be more than 3 wins. Probably less than 5 unless we improved dramatically and we get lucky against a team like USF, Temple or SMU, which is possible. Cinci, Tulsa and ECU are beatable.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
It probably does matter psychologically that the team loses 30-14 versus 51-7, but it might not be fun to watch.

You know you're on the Boneyard when a 51-7 loss is the "fun" option ;) I'll gladly take a gritty 30-14 game over the 51-7 embarassment.

Reaction Score
What is the o/u on games won this year and how do you get an online bet down? Never did this before

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If the O/U is set at 3, I'll take the over. I understand fans taking a conservative approach, but it's no fun either. I want to get back to making the entirety of home game days an event. I want to look forward to something other than the tailgates again (especially as my son gets into more competitive soccer Saturdays and tailgates get fewer and farther between.). I realize that bowl eligibility is a long shot, but I don't want to think it is out of the question...so I won't...for the time being.

Reaction Score
Last time I saw an over/under line it was 3.5. I would take the over -- I think its going to be 4 wins.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I stand by my earlier post of an undefeated season. However, if I parse it out with a pessimistic eye:

UCF - loss
Boise - loss
URI - win
Cuse - win
Cincinatti - win
Memphis - loss
USF - loss
UMass - win
Tulsa - win
SMU - win
ECU - win
Temple - win

8-4, we're bowling baby!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The schedule certainly closes out more easily than it starts. We play two top 20 teams to start. Hopefully the boys don’t get too discouraged and hopefully they learn from it. If we go into those final 5 games with 2 wins I think we bowl. (URI and maybe Cincy?) if we have 3, the third would have to be Cuse, we definitely bowl.

UCF- L
Boise-L
URI-W
Cuse-W
Cincy- W
Memphis-L
USF-L
UMass-W
Tulsa-L
SMU-L
ECU-W
Temple-W