Over/Under Win Totals | The Boneyard

Over/Under Win Totals

Reaction Score
Now that gambling is legal I will likely have to jump on the over/under boards here. Keep posting your predictions degens.

Reaction Score
2.5 would be what I would guess. I think the biggest thing this year will be how bad the defense is gonna be. I see a lot of comments saying they can’t be worse. I hope I’m wrong but I think by November we’ll be pining for a defense as bad as last year’s.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
2.5 would be what I would guess. I think the biggest thing this year will be how bad the defense is gonna be. I see a lot of comments saying they can’t be worse. I hope I’m wrong but I think by November we’ll be pining for a defense as bad as last year’s.

It can't be worse than last year.

The story of UConn football the past 8 years.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
It's going to come down to how the team responded to getting beat down in 3 of their first 4 games. UCF Boise, and likely Cuse, are going to crush us. It will then be all about how the team responds to starting the season 1-3 or even 0-4, depending on URI game. That's going to sway if we get more than three wins.

Hoping Randy has this team mentally ready for what this season might entail. Building the idea of getting back up after an initial knock out.

Reaction Score
It's going to come down to how the team responded to getting beat down in 3 of their first 4 games. UCF Boise, and likely Cuse, are going to crush us. It will then be all about how the team responds to starting the season 1-3 or even 0-4, depending on URI game. That's going to sway if we get more than three wins.

Hoping Randy has this team mentally ready for what this season might entail. Building the idea of getting back up after an initial knock out.

UCF will probably win.. Boise too..but I’m not so sure Cuse is going to crush us.. I think that might be closer than we think...and URI will be a win.. we are much better than last year..I think you all might be surprised at a possibly 4-5 win season..

Reaction Score
We most likely start out 1-3. Sorry, but I don’t think we have a shot in hell of beating the Orange in the CD. So, if that’s the case, can Randy keep the guys focused to compete hard the remainder of the season when there would appear to be some opportunities for wins?

4-5 wins given this schedule is clear progress imo.

Reaction Score
I think I'd take the over at 3. Figure we'll end up with 3 wins minimum, maybe grind out a 4th on somebody. Think we'll give UCF a run for their money week 1 honestly.

huskiepride

New Kid On the block
Reaction Score
alright now for my honest thoughts

the worst i think we can do is 2-10 the best is 6-6 so i think we will probably go 4-8 and beat URI, UMass,ECU, Tulsa,

Reaction Score
I'm going to say 2 wins. The defense will be atrocious again - could be even worse than last year - and I just don't have the confidence in the offense under a new OC to go any higher than 2 wins. We can steal a few more if the defense gets a little more comfortable in Crocker's scheme, but I just don't see it yet. The schedule is too tough and the D will be too inexperienced. I'd love to be proven wrong.

Reaction Score
2. Although I’m trying to figure out where second win will come from.

We are a year away from competing consistently.

I just hope people are patient with HCRE. He inherited a dumpster fire.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I think I'd take the over at 3. Figure we'll end up with 3 wins minimum, maybe grind out a 4th on somebody. Think we'll give UCF a run for their money week 1 honestly.

It will be interesting to see how RE approaches the UCF game. In the past, when RE went up against much better opponents, it felt like his goal was to not lose too bad. He played conservative and didn’t take chances. Hard to judge from last year because Lashlee is gone and he wasn’t conservative. Which....I think he is one reason he is gone.

Will he go for it on 4th and one from the fifty? Will he blitz on third down? Will he pass on first down? My guess is “no” to all of the above. Which....probably means no chance of winning (probably less than 10% even if he was aggressive ), but they will cover the spread.

It probably does matter psychologically that the team loses 30-14 versus 51-7, but it might not be fun to watch.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
URI and ECU should hopefully be wins. Tulsa and Cincy both pretty winnable. I could imagine us beating UMass and Temple in a reasonable universe. I figure we win half of these, so theres three games. That being said, I'd rather win 2 and give SMU and Lashlee a good pounding

Reaction Score
We did a whole thread on this three or four months ago. Since then we have picked up a few promising frosh and a number 3 on the FL depth chart (if depth charts went 3 deep) who will be good for the DL. Not seeing all that much change since that earlier thread. The answer then was 3 wins, and the answer today is three wins. In fact Vegas probably got their number from us. An echo chamber.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom