Over 9 minutes without a field goal. | The Boneyard

Over 9 minutes without a field goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Purvis thinking he can do it all himself. Highlight reel coming up.
9 minutes means more than Purvis. You're blaming a 9-minute stretch of bad offense on one guy? Not really fair.

Reaction Score
Well he was the only person you mentioned in your first post and you said he was thinking he could do it all himself...

Were you watching the game at that point? Kind of thought they were different points. But whatever.

Reaction Score
Hate to tell everyone because I know Boat had a great year but the last 2 games in big spots and the clock running down, when it gets to 8-9 seconds he doesn't give it up and does nothing but dribble behind his back so the good defenders back him up. He made some bad decisions against both Memphis and today in these situations.

Reaction Score
Hate to tell everyone because I know Boat had a great year but the last 2 games in big spots and the clock running down, when it gets to 8-9 seconds he doesn't give it up and does nothing but dribble behind his back so the good defenders back him up. He made some bad decisions against both Memphis and today in these situations.

I don't even blame him. It's gotten to the point I'd rather him try a contested shot late than give it to anyone who has to actually try to create his own shot.

Reaction Score
I don't even blame him. It's gotten to the point I'd rather him try a contested shot late than give it to anyone who has to actually try to create his own shot.
Sounds ok, at first... but what you really want is for him to try and create open opportunities for other guys on the floor, as a true point guard would. It is amazing how much better the other players on the floor look when a good point guard gets them open looks by causing the other team to commit to him, thereby leaving guys open for shots when he passes.

RB has stopped doing that in the last two games for significant stretches, and the results have been ugly.

Reaction Score
Sounds ok, at first... but what you really want is for him to try and create open opportunities for other guys on the floor, as a true point guard would. It is amazing how much better the other players on the floor look when a good point guard gets them open looks by causing the other team to commit to him, thereby leaving guys open for shots when he passes.

RB has stopped doing that in the last two games for significant stretches, and the results have been ugly.

I agree it'd be great if he was able to do that, but frustration has to set in when a good chunk of the wing players just pump fake open 3's into the defense resetting.

Reaction Score
I agree it'd be great if he was able to do that, but frustration has to set in when a good chunk of the wing players just pump fake open 3's into the defense resetting.
Seriously. Shoot or drive. Don't let the defender set. I have no idea why DHam keeps this up. It's probably the #1 thing on the scouting report.

And, most frustratingly, when he does get them to bite a little (they never jump), he doesn't do anything.

By next year I expect this to be out of his repertoire.

Reaction Score
Apologies to the coaching staff, but can we draw something up at least once in awhile? This WAS a KO strength last year.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Apologies to the coaching staff, but can we draw something up at least once in awhile? This WAS a KO strength last year.
its easier to be a strength when you have giffs, DD, Lason, bazz and even olender who bring experience

Reaction Score
its easier to be a strength when you have giffs, DD, Lason, bazz and even olender who bring experience
Right. Even with Calhoun, young teams often looked a like a mess in a half court. Think of 2012--nearly all of the players had won a title, but Shabazz, Lamb, and Boatright were all young, and the offense looked like sh¡t.

A year later, with less talent, many of those same players put together a 20 win season.

It's a shame that Boat's not a junior, but I think the greater experience all around will truly benefit them next year.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I think it's time we all start to watch replays of 5 games in 5 nights

and Kemba's shot against Pitt never gets old, I smile every time I see it

Reaction Score
When you have Brimah and Nolan or Facey on the floor you feel you have to make every play and the other team knows the same.

Brimah is awful, Facey is even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog