Outta The Box Idea Bring Lou In As 6th Man | The Boneyard

Outta The Box Idea Bring Lou In As 6th Man

RogueDave

Wasn’t Me!
Reaction Score
The team is adjusting so well w/o Lou was thinking we should have her come in as 6th man and start a regular substitution pattern for the team. Lou is so versatile that we can plug here in any position or situation and she would impact the game in a way the other team would struggle to adapt too...

I think being able to rest players mentally and physically may be a big lift to the team as players and competition improves with the advancing rounds...

Trying to find the new advantages having a 6-7 player rotation may bring...to this team...

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The team is adjusting so well w/o Lou was thinking we should have her come in as 6th man and start a regular substitution pattern for the team. Lou is so versatile that we can plug here in any position or situation and she would impact the game in a way the other team would struggle to adapt too...

I think being able to rest players mentally and physically may be a big lift to the team as players and competition improves with the advancing rounds...

Trying to find the new advantages having a 6-7 player rotation may bring...to this team...

Do you realistically think Geno is going to bring an 2 time All-American Senior with 6 games left in her UConn career off the bench?

RogueDave

Wasn’t Me!
Reaction Score
Do you realistically think Geno is going to bring an 2 time All-American Senior with 6 games left in her UConn career off the bench?

That Blonde women sitting next to him was 1st team AA and he brought her in off the bench...He has traditionally liked to bring a player that can change the game...other players don’t offer him that...

RogueDave

Wasn’t Me!
Reaction Score

Actually I was hoping for some basketball reasoning to give an alternative that could benefit the team. Just citing her credentials isn’t a basketball reason...

CW / MW need to start in order to get in the flow of the game...KLS won’t need that...

Reaction Score
No way she doesn't start, first of all cuz she's Lou, second cuz it's likely the training staff wants her to come into the game warmed up, not stiff from sitting on the bench. I wouldn't be surprised if her minutes are limited though.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
No way she doesn't start, first of all cuz she's Lou, second cuz it's likely the training staff wants her to come into the game warmed up, not stiff from sitting on the bench. I wouldn't be surprised if her minutes are limited though.
Personally, I hope that her minutes are limited due to our overwhelming lead(s)...

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
chalk this thread up to game day jitters;)

Reaction Score
Have any of you New Englanders ever heard of Kevin McHale, John Havlicek, and Frank Ramsey? If the answer is no, how about driving down to Springfield and checking out their busts at the Hall of Fame.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Actually I was hoping for some basketball reasoning to give an alternative that could benefit the team. Just citing her credentials isn’t a basketball reason...

CW / MW need to start in order to get in the flow of the game...KLS won’t need that...

Not going to get in a pi$$ing match here, how do you know Lou doesn't need to start to get in the flow of the game? Every game is different.

Lou's credentials are the basketball reason she starts. You cannot ignore what she has accomplished with consistency. This year's credentials are 19 points per game, 7 rebounds per game and 110 assists for the season. Lou benefits the team when she is on the floor. She is the floor leader.

You would have had a more positive response if you suggested Olivia starts along with Danger, Megan, Phee and Lou and Christyn comes off the bench.

Reaction Score
Have any of you New Englanders ever heard of Kevin McHale, John Havlicek, and Frank Ramsey? If the answer is no, how about driving down to Springfield and checking out their busts at the Hall of Fame.

Or in the case of Connecticut residents...drive up to the Hall of Fame.

Reaction Score

I may be looking at different games but UConn's defense, particularly against 3 pointers, has been horrid for some time. Since these games were against bad teams, having Lou's long arms outside would be welcome. Love ONO to stop the drives so hoping she rotates in frequently.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score

You are looking for evidence-based reasoning? I can provide some, though I'm not sure it matters if you bring up the example of Ralph coming off the bench as a freshman, before she is an AA, to Samuelson coming off the bench as a senior and two time AA.

They've played some of their best basketball lately with Samuelson out and ONO in. They've also played some of their best basketball against South Carolina with Walker out and ONO in. They've also played some of their best basketball against Notre Dame with Collier out and ONO in. The common denominator is not Samuelson being out but ONO being in. Given that is the case, if you were to replace ONO for any of the starters you would not do it for the two All-Americans with six games left in their careers.

ONO is not better than any of those three players, but does fit a particular niche better than the other three.

Should ONO start instead of Walker? It depends how correct you are in thinking Walker needs to start to be in the flow of the game. The more you actually think that is true, the less compelling is the reason to start ONO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom