Outclassed in every way. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Outclassed in every way.

Reaction Score
Yes, and Sango is listed as a F, despite only ever playing C. They list what the guys want to think of themselves as.

Jackson did not have Gillespie most of the game. We rotated multiple defenders at him. Yes, Hawkins' defense is worse, vastly worse since Jackson is among our best defenders. Jackson is also possibly the second best ball handler on the team after Cole. I have no idea what you are watching. Hawkins' ball handling has been abysmal. He loses the ball without even being defended.

Here are the metrics. Jackson slots just behind Whaley as the 2nd best defender on the team. Polley or course is last (except Diggins). By the way, while Jackson's offensive metrics aren't good, they are still ahead of Hawk's. Don't get me wrong, I want Hurley to build on what Hawkins did late and give him more time. But the guy who brings more right now is Jackson.

Go rewatch the highlights of the game. I just did. Jackson is on Gillespie most of the game….and you’re proving my point using the “win share” metric. You’re only looking at the defensive win share which is a 1.6. Cole supposedly is our second best defender at 1.4 WS for what that metric is worth (though I don’t think anyone on this board would say that Cole is our second best defender and only slightly below the best defender on the team but I digress). When you look at total WS/40 which incorporates per possession playing time he’s our worst rotational player by a mile at .138 with even Gaffney slotting in higher at .150. So I don’t know how reliable these metrics are but you brought them out to prove a point.

Reaction Score
I don't think a captain will make a difference. I agree with your general sentiment though. At the heart of it - we don't have a single player you can count on when you need a bucket (like Bazz, Kemba, Hamilton, Allen, or even Jalen Adams). If our recruiting trend continues as it has been going, we will have a player that can CONSISTENTLY take over a game when needed. We are maybe 2 or 3 years away though.
we just arent the team we thought we were when we were playing all the cupcakes

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Go rewatch the highlights of the game. I just did. Jackson is on Gillespie most of the game….and you’re proving my point using the “win share” metric. You’re only looking at the defensive win share which is a 1.6. Cole supposedly is our second best defender at 1.4 WS for what that metric is worth (though I don’t think anyone on this board would say that Cole is our second best defender and only slightly below the best defender on the team but I digress). When you look at total WS/40 which incorporates per possession playing time he’s our worst rotational player by a mile at .138 with even Gaffney slotting in higher at .150. So I don’t know how reliable these metrics are but you brought them out to prove a point.

Those aren't even the metrics I am looking at. Look at O and D Box plus minus. Jackson has a DBPM of 4.1, second best on the team. I'm a broken record on Akok, but he has the 3rd best BPM on the team.

Reaction Score
Those aren't even the metrics I am looking at. Look at O and D Box plus minus. Jackson has a DBPM of 4.1, second best on the team. I'm a broken record on Akok, but he has the 3rd best BPM on the team.
I think it’s been proven in this small sample that you can get metrics to say whatever you want. Like you said Akok is the 3 best player on the team according to the metric you cited so who knows with these metrics. I need to see the inputs for these offensive / defensive box plus minus to make any judgement and it doesn’t show how it’s calculated. How can one quantify defense anyways? How do you quantify if someone beats you off the dribble and scores? You can keep track of steals and blocks obviously but no one is keeping track of defensive breakdowns or getting beat and scored on??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom