Out of market, Can't get the games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Out of market, Can't get the games

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I'm in TX but we have YouTube TV, so by virtue of that I have access through the Fox Sports app. The Fox Sports app is different from the Fox Sports Go app, if I recall from prior experience but it looks like folks have used both so it might be fine. If you want to stream it through your TV - you can use any of the devices that'll allow you to cast from your phone. Alternatively, if you have an Apple TV, you can sync it with your account and watch directly through that.
I believe that the Fox Sports Go only streams what is being televised, meaning events on your local Fox station, FS1, FS2 and BTN. No events that are strictly streaming. Or at least every time I have gone to use that app that is what I have seen.

MdStang

Greetings From Geezerville
Reaction Score
I am in Maryland - certainly out of market. I have a Chromecast streaming device but I find it simpler to watch on the computer using my Xfinity account via FoxSports or FoxNow. I have noticed that FoxSports tends to put up the game at the last minute and FoxNow can be a little quirky in regards to logging in (as noted by others earlier).

Reaction Score
What do you use for streaming?
One method is a Smart TV and adding the Fox Now and/or Fox Sports app/channel. You will login using your tv provider credentials. Your tv provider must carry your local Fox programming.
A second method requires your tv to have an HDMI input. You then can use a Roku or Amazon Firestick. For these you need to add Fox Sports and/or Fox Now app/channel. Then follow the above for the app/channels.
You can use a phone and add the above apps/channels.
Another method is using a computer and going to the Fox Sports website. I have yet to do this.

By the way, as I have posted in a different thread on streaming, currently tonight's game is not listed on either Fox Sports or Fox Now using my Roku stick. BUT Saturday's game is. Go figure. Not that I think it matters, my tv provider is YouTube TV.
I just open FOX Now on my iPad with Spectrum account, and UConn game is listed in 3:30 pm WT. Thanks lot.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You have to have or you have to download Mozilla Firefox. Then go to streaming the games. Go to the 2nd page. Go to CTexpatinFL. It won't be the first post. Then click on the link Fox Sports - and it should take you to the game. It won't work with Google.

Reaction Score
Like a good number here, and thank you guys again, I am using Fox Now thru Xfinity.

Reaction Score
I am in Maryland - certainly out of market. I have a Chromecast streaming device but I find it simpler to watch on the computer using my Xfinity account via FoxSports or FoxNow. I have noticed that FoxSports tends to put up the game at the last minute and FoxNow can be a little quirky in regards to logging in (as noted by others earlier).

FoxSports does put up the game at the last minute; however, I'll take it over not being able to watch the game at all.

Reaction Score
Funny.... FoxNow on Roku works. Thanks for that one. FoxNow doesn't work on the smart TV...go figure.

Reaction Score
Fox Sports is crap. buffered and lost game time 25-30 times during the game and had to restart the stream another 10-15 times. The second quarter and last 5 minutes of the third quarter were the only continuous game action we saw. The rest of the game we saw 20sec to 2 minutes then lost connections. We stream a lot of espn games, net flix, and tons of stuff and never have a glich including just before the game. I was actually keeping track of the number of buffering events until I was at 10 and we had only played 4 minutes. Also, the multiple promos for Seton Hall made a lot of sense in the Creighton / UConn game feed.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Fox Sports is crap. buffered and lost game time 25-30 times during the game and had to restart the stream another 10-15 times. The second quarter and last 5 minutes of the third quarter were the only continuous game action we saw. The rest of the game we saw 20sec to 2 minutes then lost connections. We stream a lot of espn games, net flix, and tons of stuff and never have a glich including just before the game. I was actually keeping track of the number of buffering events until I was at 10 and we had only played 4 minutes. Also, the multiple promos for Seton Hall made a lot of sense in the Creighton / UConn game feed.
How can it be Fox Sports with the issue if I did not have any of the problems that you were having? (I am not being nasty but after 25+ years of software testing I know that if it is a problem with the app or Fox streaming connectivity, everyone would have the same issues.)
There are a few possibilities such as your Wi-Fi bandwidth, or your internet provider could be throttling your usage.
While I was watching the game using the Fox Sports channel on my Roku and having no issues, my wife is streaming The Sopranos on HBO MAX using an Xbox with no issues.
Sorry that you had such a bad time and I wish I could help you out...

Reaction Score
@Centerstream, I have no idea why Fox doesn't work properly, but there are no other users in the house when these games are on, and I watch other games from other sources. In other threads #1ncfan, sno-cat, caseyb7, meyers7, Americonn, urshurak, jabstep, edsaid, chrissaran, and j66kicker, reported similar experiences to some extent or completely the same, and I suspect Kaizen because he/she 'liked' my post. We are not in the same locales with the same providers, so I suspect it has to have something to do with Fox. Would Spectrum purposefully slow my stream from just Fox?

Reaction Score
@Centerstream, I have no idea why Fox doesn't work properly, but there are no other users in the house when these games are on, and I watch other games from other sources. In other threads #1ncfan, sno-cat, caseyb7, meyers7, Americonn, urshurak, jabstep, edsaid, chrissaran, and j66kicker, reported similar experiences to some extent or completely the same, and I suspect Kaizen because he/she 'liked' my post. We are not in the same locales with the same providers, so I suspect it has to have something to do with Fox. Would Spectrum purposefully slow my stream from just Fox?
First two games my feed glitched up 2-3 times each game. Tonight no problems at all (Fox Sports app through Roku, Cox cable/ISP, with some other light/medium Internet use going on in the house).

Reaction Score
If you want to watch games live, as I do in Colorado, DirecTv offers a package that includes SNY.

Reaction Score
How can it be Fox Sports with the issue if I did not have any of the problems that you were having? (I am not being nasty but after 25+ years of software testing I know that if it is a problem with the app or Fox streaming connectivity, everyone would have the same issues.)
There are a few possibilities such as your Wi-Fi bandwidth, or your internet provider could be throttling your usage.
While I was watching the game using the Fox Sports channel on my Roku and having no issues, my wife is streaming The Sopranos on HBO MAX using an Xbox with no issues.
Sorry that you had such a bad time and I wish I could help you out...

I get SNY with my streaming provider, but I tried the Fox app as well and it worked flawlessly for me. I agree, I think the problem is most likely internet speed related for the OP.

Reaction Score
My Fox was really bad last night. Constantly refreshing. I had my iPhone, iPad and Roku tv all on Fox Now and they all were constantly freezing and reloading. I’m beginning to wonder if it has something to do with my internet connection on Direct TV. So exasperating!

Reaction Score
I get SNY with my streaming provider, but I tried the Fox app as well and it worked flawlessly for me. I agree, I think the problem is most likely internet speed related for the OP.

At this point, I would agree with you and @Centerstream, some (won't say most) of the issues may be to internet speed...at the source (meaning at ROKU, Smart TV, Apple TV...and any other streaming device you use). The download speed the internet provider says you're getting is not what you get at the streaming device. If your device is wi-fi it will be much lower, if you can connect with an Ethernet cable rather than wi-fi it will improve speed.

Found this link (Fox) below regarding Fox Sports app...very top regarding connection requirements. Within link there are other topics/Q&A on various other issues.

It says minimum required connection is 1Mpbs, for HD streaming 10Mbps. (this is common for all streaming apps...like Netflix, Disney+...etc)

If you don't know what download speed your streaming device is receiving whether wi-fi or Ethernet connected, the ROKU link below will get you there. For other streaming devices, not 100% sure, but you should also be able to find what speed your device is getting.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
IF you have successfully gotten games out of market with any streaming device, please help. A lot of us can't get the games with SNY.
I have Fox Sports 1 via Comcast Infinity. At game time I go to UCONN Women;s Basketball website and select SCHEDULE. I page down to the game in question. Opposite of the opponent's name is "watch" (see below). I click on "watch." I am taken to Fox Sports' streaming of the game.
1608298904603.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was watching the game from Fox News Now, and I have to restart at least 4-5 times and relogin 2 times. Fox News Now is not very stable to me.

I live in Southern CA.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I have Fox Sports 1 via Comcast Infinity. At game time I go the UCONN Women;s Basketball website and select SCHEDULE. I page down to the game in question. Opposite of the opponent's name is "watch" (see below). I click on "watch." I am taken to Fox Sports' streaming of the game.
View attachment 62617
Did precisely that last night and got a goose egg in the form of their homepage and a schedule that did not have the game on it. Very deflating.

Reaction Score
Under the heading "Lesser of two evils" I was able to watch the game last night on my pc on foxsports.com with no freezing or buffering as long as I kept the screen minimized. Unwatchable at full screen with the constant stoppages.

Siestakeyfan

Sailing at Block Island Race Week
Reaction Score
IF you have successfully gotten games out of market with any streaming device, please help. A lot of us can't get the games with SNY.
Fans outside of SNY’s market can watch the game on the Fox Sports App or https://www.foxsports.com/. Some fans said they were only able to access Saturday’s game via fox.com/sports or the Fox Sports Now app, though, so try that if needed.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Did precisely that last night and got a goose egg in the form of their homepage and a schedule that did not have the game on it. Very deflating.
At what time did you do this? Before tipoff? Can't do this before tipoff.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I was watching the game from Fox News Now, and I have to restart at least 4-5 times and relogin 2 times. Fox News Now is not very stable to me.

I live in Southern CA.
I have no idea what Fox News Now is so can't offer an opinion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom