out-of-bounds call | The Boneyard

out-of-bounds call

Reaction Score
And of course ESPN does not bother show the replay. Nor did they on the very questionable looking foul called against Christyn Williams in the forth quarter. C'mon, ESPN, how is that in the interest of the viewing audience? How about a little transparency?

Reaction Score
And of course ESPN does not bother show the replay. Nor did they on the very questionable looking foul called against Christyn Williams in the forth quarter. C'mon, ESPN, how is that in the interest of the viewing audience? How about a little transparency?
BUT...they were quick to show a replay of the Ref making the call :eek::confused: I yelled... don't show the call being made, show us why she made the darn call!!!!!:rolleyes:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Should Geno have demanded a Review? It would also have helped if Napheesa was vocal that she wasn't out of bounds. Napheesa more or less accepted that she was out of bounds.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Is there a way to grab a screen shot of it?
outofbounds.jpg

Reaction Score
My wife lost it on that call too, blowing a call like that means that ref should not be doing so at the Final 4.
The next ref will probably be as bad as this one, I am afraid. Except for this play( I have no idea how they missed ), they try and make the right calls. The women's refs are just of poor quality, not because they don't make the right call every time (no one is perfect), it is the TONE of the game that THEY set which often dictates outcomes. For me, that is my complaint.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Count me as another whose wife was unusually vocal after the call.

Reaction Score
Question. Are the refs taught, if you don't see it, don't call it, or if you missed it but from what you did see it sort of looked like a foul or an out of bounds, call it. Seems to me if you did not see it you should not call it, and if so I would would love to see the press grill the ref with that picture and ask "how can you miss it that badly?" Maybe if the refs and the press had to sit in a room together and watch it, the refs might try to get better. But maybe I am a little harsh, I have only tried refereeing in Little league and youth soccer, and if we get too hard on the refs, we won't have any. But you would think in the regionals and the final four, we would have the best refs in there.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I went ballistic at that call as well but I never bothered to look at a replay. Thanks for posting the screenshot.
That was part of the frustration, they never showed the replay. A deliberate choice by the director.

Reaction Score
So if you're the ref there, how do you blow a call like that one? She either steps out of bounds, in which case, if you see it, you blow the whistle. Or she does not step out of bounds, in which case you do not blow the whistle. It's inconceivable to me that a phantom call could be made honestly in error in an instance like that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom