Our Tournament Odds | The Boneyard

Our Tournament Odds

Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Ok, so we have 4 regular season games left with one (SMU) being an opportunity, and three (UCF, USF, Houston) being potential banana skins. As long as we take care of business against the lesser three and not lose in the quarterfinals to an inferior opponent, we should be good. Personally, I would rather we be a 4 or 5 seed as it would guarantee we would not lose to a bad team in the quarterfinals, and if we make a run, we would pick up 3 solid to good wins.

Reaction Score
We have beaten-woman syndrome.

I don't care how many more wins we have. I won't believe we're in the dance until we win the AAC tourni and take it out of the committee's hands.

We know they view our conference as garbage. Looking at Loontardy's predictions as a point of support is very foolish.

WIN THE AAC tourni. No other route is certain. Don't leave it in the judges' hands.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
This loss means we will almost certainly have another double digit loss season. We have way too many of those. Other successful programs' bad regular seasons would be considered good seasons for us. We must have the worst regular season winning percentage of any program with three or more national titles. Ten plus loss seasons have sadly become our norm

Reaction Score
This loss means we will almost certainly have another double digit loss season. We have way too many of those. Other successful programs' bad regular seasons would be considered good seasons for us. We must have the worst regular season winning percentage of any program with three or more national titles. Ten plus loss seasons have sadly become our norm

And yet, in the only thing that really matters, no one comes close to UConn over the last 20, 15 or even 5 years.

NotADimeBack

Give me my avi back
Reaction Score
  • Wouldn't sleep on Houston. I mean it's not like they haven't beaten us before, and have a better coach now than before, or aren't trying to finish in the top 3 or whatever of the league this season, or we arent uconn. Smu is a pipe dream on the road

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
And yet, in the only thing that really matters, no one comes close to UConn over the last 20, 15 or even 5 years.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
  • Wouldn't sleep on Houston. I mean it's not like they haven't beaten us before, and have a better coach now than before, or aren't trying to finish in the top 3 or whatever of the league this season, or we arent uconn. Smu is a pipe dream on the road
Your right they haven't beaten us at home, twice in the high school gym around New Years but not at Gampel.

DALTX

People better get us now ... because it's coming
Reaction Score
What will the committee think of our being swept by two conference bubble teams -- Cincy and Temple?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We should be in and I think we will be...the only concern is the undisguised contempt the committee has gone out of its way to show American Conference programs. I think that dings us by at least one and probably two bracket lines.

Reaction Score
We are in if we win three of our last four games I would think. If one of those happen to be @ SMU it will obviously be better. No bad losses either. Losses to either Florida team would kill us without the win @ SMU. If we go 2-2 I would think we have to get to the AAC conference championship or win it be breathe easy.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
This team seems to be incapable of putting together a run, I'm thinking two or three more losses before the tourney.They just haven't convinced me they can go further then the round of 32.

Reaction Score
This season is what it is at this point. Make the NCAAs or not, it has been pretty damn mediocre...AGAIN. At what point do people stop using the sanctions as an excuse for mediocrity? Is is still a valid excuse next year if we end up still worried about being on the bubble this late in the season? How about the year after that?

Reaction Score
3-1 is an absolute must, I take none of them for granted. Could care less about seeding at this point just hope to avoid the play-in round in Dayton. If the bubble remains as is then 3-1 should do it, I just despise having to trust the committee. Let's hope TX, SMU & Tulsa don't collapse down the stretch as they are our only top 50 wins. In truth though being swept by Temple & Cincy is freaking ridiculous and we only have ourselves to blame if find ourselves left out.

Reaction Score
We should be in and I think we will be...the only concern is the undisguised contempt the committee has gone out of its way to show American Conference programs. I think that dings us by at least one and probably two bracket lines.
Agree with your concern, but not whether we get in. Still up in the air. Have to win out, imho.

Reaction Score
If we are watching the selection show with 10 or more losses and we didnt win the AAC Tournament, I will be at the edge of my seat waiting to see UConn pop up on the TV. The two years that the AAC was in existence, only Cincinnati was selected to the tournament with double digit losses in 2015.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Agree with your concern, but not whether we get in. Still up in the air. Have to win out, imho.
Look at all the advanced metrics and our resume vs other bubble teams and tell me how we aren't in, even if it's as 10-11 seed. We do not need to win out that's nonsense just avoid bad losses against the directionals and advance to conference semis minimum. RPI 36, KP 23, BPI 22, SOS 41, 2-1 top 25, 3-3 top 50, 7-8 top 100 (worst loss 65) with no bad losses ( 100+).

Reaction Score
Will never be able to process going 0-4 against Temple and Cincy. Decent teams, no world beaters for sure. Figured 2-2 at worst. 3-1 more likely. Not winning any of those games hurts.

Reaction Score
Ok, so we have 4 regular season games left with one (SMU) being an opportunity, and three (UCF, USF, Houston) being potential banana skins. As long as we take care of business against the lesser three and not lose in the quarterfinals to an inferior opponent, we should be good. Personally, I would rather we be a 4 or 5 seed as it would guarantee we would not lose to a bad team in the quarterfinals, and if we make a run, we would pick up 3 solid to good wins.

Banana skins will now be a permanent part of my sports vocabulary. I like that one a lot and it certainly applies to some of these games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom