Our starting center | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Our starting center

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Our front court is not good, but boxing out is teachable. You can live with missed shots and bad defense if your guys don't have the talent to hang, but getting outrebounded consistently when the opposing team misses free throws is unacceptable. That's on Hurley if it doesn't get better.

Reaction Score
Our front court is not good, but boxing out is teachable. You can live with missed shots and bad defense if your guys don't have the talent to hang, but getting outrebounded consistently when the opposing team misses free throws is unacceptable. That's on Hurley if it doesn't get better.

Our bigs have been doing an awful job boxing out on FTs for a while now. Painful to watch them jump to the ball and it hits the rim again while it goes over their head due to crappy timing. But college basketball needs to get FTs in order too it’s an issue at times for the player with the advantge because of what they allow the next guy in to do. I mean how is all of a sudden it legal to push that guy in from behind in a fully physical manner? Watch the games it’s crazy what they allow. No matter if you don’t box out at all it’s on you and our guys are a bit lazy trying to keep people off the boards on FTs.

Reaction Score
Our bigs have been doing an awful job boxing out on FTs for a while now. Painful to watch them jump to the ball and it hits the rim again while it goes over their head due to crappy timing. But college basketball needs to get FTs in order too it’s an issue at times for the player with the advantge because of what they allow the next guy in to do. I mean how is all of a sudden it legal to push that guy in from behind in a fully physical manner? Watch the games it’s crazy what they allow. No matter if you don’t box out at all it’s on you and our guys are a bit lazy trying to keep people off the boards on FTs.
Rebounding is desire. You push for it and try to coach it but you cannot instill desire. Say what you will but CV has it. Undersized Ardrien and Freeman had it. Even Roscoe had it. I question Carlton but it just may be lack of ability.

Reaction Score
Rebounding is desire. You push for it and try to coach it but you cannot instill desire. Say what you will but CV has it. Undersized Ardrien and Freeman had it. Even Roscoe had it. I question Carlton but it just may be lack of ability.

Good call on those guys and yes CV really has it very impressive. John Thomas in the 70’s had it and a really impressive rebounder in the 80s was Besselink he was 6’6 best and was a double figure rebounder, made himself a very good rebounder. So many others I just wish we had a few now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom