Our Rivals AKA Teams we despise the most | The Boneyard

Our Rivals AKA Teams we despise the most

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thought this would be an interesting post. Personally for me it goes....

1. Duke- Obviously
2. Cuse- We have history with them and somehow they believe they are better than us having only a fraction of the National Championship we have.
3. Maryland- This one is a little random and more personal for me. Went to the game last game at the Barclays vs Maryland and there fans are the biggest as around. I was spit on by some drunk Maryland fans. After the game, I goggled Maryland fans and they are constantly on the top 10 of hated fanbases in college basketball.

Honorable Mention
Pitt, Nova, and G-Town

Reactions: caw

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
1. Cuse
2. BC
3. UK- mostly for their fans, a "lil" for the squid, but since we have had their number as of late, they'll stay at 3

As for Duke, I actually admire Coach K and don't hold any animosity towards him. Their fans.... they're cupcakes and don't perceive those nerds jumping along the sidelines as a threat.

I imagine PC will be on a coupe lists, but they're so far beneath us (status-wise), they haven't earned the energy to despise'em

PS- Word to the wise Samlam, never let another man spit on you, for me, that's worse than getting smacked in the face with baby powder

Reaction Score

1. Duke- Obviously
2. Cuse- We have history with them and somehow they believe they are better than us having only a fraction of the National Championship we have.
3. Maryland- This one is a little random and more personal for me. Went to the game last game at the Barclays vs Maryland and there fans are the biggest as around. I was spit on by some drunk Maryland fans. After the game, I goggled Maryland fans and they are constantly on the top 10 of hated fanbases in college basketball.

Honorable Mention
Pitt, Nova, and G-Town
Really odd list you have there, only 1 former big east member? I agree with Cuse from your list.

Reaction Score
As a Sox fan Duke is kinda the Yankees for me. Don't like em gotta respect em.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Duke, Cuse, Georgetown, Pitt, Louisville, Kentucky, PC, BC

Reaction Score
Cuse, BC and Pitt.

Duke & UK don't burn me like they used to. My hatred for the above 3 will burn forever, and is part of why I'd secretly prefer to end up in the ACC rather than the B1G - even though, logically, I know it's better to be a B1G school.

Reaction Score
I'm really starting to despise a few of the teams in the AAC, Yes so soon and more than one.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The only school I really hate to see succeed is UK because of the way they are doing things. Duke and Cuse will fall in a hole when their coaches step down./Irony.

I hate internet fan bases more than the schools, and stopped visiting other boards for the most part. When they bring their idiocy here is the only time I think about them.

Reaction Score

1. Duke- Obviously

Honorable Mention
Pitt, Nova, and G-Town
My brother went to maryland, and for basketball games they would give seats behind the opponent's bench to the students in more mild-mannered clubs so as to reduce the chance of incidents like you described. They are one of the worst fan bases I have ever experienced...had a lot of unpleasant experiences while they were in the ACC. Twice while I was at uva and went up to games at college park they had to stop the game to pick up the batteries students were throwing on the court at players. Some friends and I jokingly said it would happen this year again when uva played them...which it did.

Reaction Score
Duke, Cuse, Georgetown, Pitt, Louisville, Kentucky, PC, BC

Close to being my list but I would move Louisville ahead of Georgetown and BC in front of PC. ND probably gets an honorable mention.

Reaction Score
1. Cincinnati

The UConn and Cincy rivalry is a little like two guys that are left to starve on a deserted island and then are thrown in a pit to fight to the death by their CR handlers. I'm still going to kick his ass, but I kind of feel sorry for him. . .

Reaction Score
Cuse, UK, Nova, Duke and Lville.

Lville and Cuse have without question the worst fan bases I have encountered.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
1. 'Scuse.
2. UK, just because of Squid and entitled fans.

There is no #3. Although if we don't get our act together soon, PC and BC will be back in striking range.

Oddly, even though we don't play them in anything, I detest Penn State. You'd likely have to live in Pittsburgh to understand. It really is cult-like.

Reaction Score
dook is history, to me so is cuse, we are uk's problem-they are not ours, lets see...

Perhaps SMU, Louisville, George Mason?

Reaction Score
You know you're really hated Nationally when people refer to you as:
Puke (1.a)
KenSucky (1.b)
Ex'Cuse (2)
UNCheat (3) (or Tarholes)
LoserVille (4)

BC to me means "Blow Chunks".
I know I'm forgetting someone!

And I know when people hate us when they refer to us as ExCons.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
The most depressing thing about a thread like this is that we dont play a single on of these "Rivals" anymore, and have no real plans to do so in the future (except Georgetown with the home and home). I despise college sports so much it isnt even funny, go to a CBB message board and its almost like UConn doesnt even exist anymore, and its only the second year in the AAC, I cant bear to think even 5 years into the future. Sorry for the doom and gloom, but going onto Reddit's college basketball board and seeing a Syracuse vs Virginia Tech or Pitt vs Wake Forest game thread with over 200 comments and then seeing the UConn at SMU ESPN Gameday primetime game thread with something like 60 comments total is absolutely depressing. No one gives a *, and its because CR didnt happen to their team.

Reaction Score
I don't see how people in this thread aren't just copying and pasting a list of the ACC standings. That conference is trying to destroy our athletic department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom