You know you're really hated Nationally when people refer to you as:
Puke (1.a)
KenSucky (1.b)
Ex'Cuse (2)
UNCheat (3) (or Tarholes)
LoserVille (4)

BC to me means "Blow Chunks".
I know I'm forgetting someone!

And I know when people hate us when they refer to us as ExCons.
are you 7?

Reaction Score
1. 'Scuse.
2. UK, just because of Squid and entitled fans.

There is no #3. Although if we don't get our act together soon, PC and BC will be back in striking range.

Oddly, even though we don't play them in anything, I detest Penn State. You'd likely have to live in Pittsburgh to understand. It really is cult-like.
Yup, defending national champs, 2nd time in 4 years.

Man, we better get our act together ASAP or we will soon be close to a program who has not played in the second weekend of the tournament in a decade or one who has not won a NCAAT game since Clinton was President.

I change my vote to you.

Reaction Score
are you 7?

I wasn't the one who came up with those names, except for maybe BC... You need to get out more. Theses are references used by many people. Try reading outside The Boneyard.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Yup, defending national champs, 2nd time in 4 years.

Man, we better get our act together ASAP or we will soon be close to a program who has not played in the second weekend of the tournament in a decade or one who has not won a NCAAT game since Clinton was President.

I change my vote to you.

Thank you for the vote.

Yeah, I'm exaggerating. But you know what? There are seven teams that have been to five . Only two are relevant today (three if you want to count 'Scuse). The others live on nostalgia for the good old days. And if we don't get out of this conference, I'm afraid we'll be just another one of those. Screw nostalgia.

Reaction Score
I hate whoever is keeping us in conference realignment hell.

So basically, BC and Syracuse.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Notre Dame
BC
Duke

The Irish are a parasitic blight on whatever conference they deign to join for all sports except the almighty God they worship, football.

BC deserves to be known as BS College, thanks to Father Lie-hy.

Hating Duke is beginning to lose some of its luster since we're now tied with them in men's BB NCs, and we have nine on the women's side (soon to be 10) to their goose egg.

Reaction Score
Thank you for the vote.

Yeah, I'm exaggerating. But you know what? There are seven teams that have been to five . Only two are relevant today (three if you want to count 'Scuse). The others live on nostalgia for the good old days. And if we don't get out of this conference, I'm afraid we'll be just another one of those. Screw nostalgia.
I have no clue how you define "relevant today".

Also, the teams with five final fours, Connecticut, Florida, Georgetown, Houston, Illinois, Michigan, Syracuse, are all very relevant today outside of Houston.

If you do not think UConn, Florida, Gtown, Michigan, Syracuse and Illinios are relevant I have no clue what world you live on.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I have no clue how you define "relevant today".

Also, the teams with five final fours, Connecticut, Florida, Georgetown, Houston, Illinois, Michigan, Syracuse, are all very relevant today outside of Houston.

If you do not think UConn, Florida, Gtown, Michigan, Syracuse and Illinios are relevant I have no clue what world you live on.

Of that group, I consider UConn and Florida the only two that are truly relevant as threats to win an NC in any given class. Syracuse and Michigan both have recent one-off FF teams, but IMO are no more relevant as regular championship contenders than Memphis. 'Scuse is never going to win the ACC. G'town is going nowhere for perpetuity in the NBE. Houston is Houston and Illini has a B1G payout, but nothing more.

That's my reasoning. I'll stand by it.

Reaction Score
Of that group, I consider UConn and Florida the only two that are truly relevant as threats to win an NC in any given class. Syracuse and Michigan both have recent one-off FF teams, but IMO are no more relevant as regular championship contenders than Memphis. 'Scuse is never going to win the ACC. G'town is going nowhere for perpetuity in the NBE. Houston is Houston and Illini has a B1G payout, but nothing more.

That's my reasoning. I'll stand by it.
Well you are off your rocker than.

I guess you live in world where there about 5 college basketball teams.

For being irrelevant, big recruits certainly do not mind playing for them: https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1675431

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Well you are off your rocker than.

I guess you live in world where there about 5 college basketball teams.

For being irrelevant, big recruits certainly do not mind playing for them: https://basketballrecruiting com/content.asp?CID=1675431

I'd say maybe 12, not five. Every now and then someone else might leak through, but in terms of programs built for sustainable success that can carry a team to a couple of NCs per decade, it's not a large number. If I'm off my rocker, so be it. I kinda like my reality. It's worked for me so far.

Reaction Score
1. Notre Dame
2. BC

These two schools started the entire mess without having been really relevant in a major sport for about 30 years.

Reaction Score
In conference, it is Cincy, SMU and Memphis. Which means, the Bearcats are the only close-to-our-region rival. Not to kick the dog when it is down (excuse the pun), but the rival thing really does suck for us these days.

It used to be Louisville, Cuse and Pitt, but that feels like a generation ago.

KY is our best NCAA rival because we have beaten them on very large stages in very painful ways, and usually as an underdog. Sort of like the Giants have the Patriots number in the Super Bowl. I dislike KY deeply, but absolutely abhor the Squid. There is nothing remotely good about him.

Duke I long ago forgave. They have two intensely painful Final Four loses to us -- and that entirely cleaned out my anxiety closet about them. Honestly, I rather like K these days.

I hope BC loses every match, in every NCAA sport, forever. They rival KY for schools that make me upchuck.

Reaction Score
I definitely hate Kentucky the most, BC #2. I used to really, really hate Duke, but my anger towards them has dulled over the years. Maybe because they keep embarrassing themselves in the NCAAs, and maybe because they're just not as douchey as they used to be. I always hate Duke the most when they're loaded with all of those awful white guys they always have. I can't even decide which one I hate the most. That's not true; it's Laettner, but there are so many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom