Our Next Tight Game | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Our Next Tight Game

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I know it’s a confusing time for you and the squad, wondering why a straight female would want anything to do with you (therefore there must be something wrong with them) but believe me when I say - I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU. Your attacks like this one are passive/aggressive and unwanted and unprovoked. Trust me on this one sparky.
Sparky!!!! :D:D:D

Reaction Score
I gotta break with you here. I know you love it but Arby's is truly disgusting. I'd eat it over a McRib but I'd probably eat a used Band-Aid over a McRib too.
I went to this really good BBQ place for the first time recently and I asked the pit master what's the best thing on the menu and he says I need to get the sandwich with the strange name, "It's just like the McRib but even better." Me, "Thanks, I'll get the pastrami."

Reaction Score
Remaining games that would be acceptable Ls are
@Xavier
@Nova
Creighton if back at full strength can be added to the list.
I agree on @ Nova
The last game of the year with an NCAA bid ( for them) possibly riding on it could be a much more difficult than it appears today .
How we handle a road game against a decent conference opponent this week could be a predictor of the future. Very interesting game .

Reaction Score
I went to this really good BBQ place for the first time recently and I asked the pit master what's the best thing on the menu and he says I need to get the sandwich with the strange name, "It's just like the McRib but even better." Me, "Thanks, I'll get the pastrami."
I would go to another place lol

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
we have 1 win in our last 10 Conference openers. That in and of itself is scary without talking about opponent, and not every team we had that lost in that streak was a bad one
But it says right here in the fine print "Past performance is no guarantee of future results".

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

No problem there, but if it was a good BBQ joint I would've tried it. I mean the McRib is mystery meat, but there is nothing wrong with a good boneless piece of real pork in BBQ sauce with pickles and onions on some good bread from a reputable place. You shouldnt have scoffed. Pastrami is always a solid choice at BBQ places who are trying to branch into that (and more an more are) but that is something most get really wrong.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Can't make doomed jokes any more.

Unidentified gender neutral persons... May take personal offense for failing to see there may be an inside joke that they missed.
Double doomed if we cave to that nonsense.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
You know every time I let my cursor hover over the ignore button, I hear a voice in my head saying "you don't want none of that, Dewey Cox".

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
No problem there, but if it was a good BBQ joint I would've tried it. I mean the McRib is mystery meat, but there is nothing wrong with a good boneless piece of real pork in BBQ sauce with pickles and onions on some good bread from a reputable place. You shouldnt have scoffed. Pastrami is always a solid choice at BBQ places who are trying to branch into that (and more an more are) but that is something most get really wrong.
Question about pastrami at a BBQ place - is it brine-cured and then smoked, or is it simply a dry-rubbed pastrami-spiced smoked brisket?

August_West

Reaction Score
Question about pastrami at a BBQ place - is it brine-cured and then smoked, or is it simply a dry-rubbed pastrami-spiced smoked brisket?
I’ve actually tasted both

Bears does a nice one

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Bears does a nice one
Semi-related: I've given a YouTube Instant Pot recipe a couple tries, but I haven't yet worked with a fatty enough piece of brisket to keep it suffiently "juicy." Working with a packaged corned beef that gets washed of & re-spiced is a decent learning tool, even if it retains some of the infused corned beef brine.

August_West

Reaction Score
Semi-related: I've given a YouTube Instant Pot recipe a couple tries, but I haven't yet worked with a fatty enough piece of brisket to keep it suffiently "juicy." Working with a packaged corned beef that gets washed of & re-spiced is a decent learning tool, even if it retains some of the infused corned beef brine.
Real pastrami isn’t brisket it’s “ plate”. There is plenty of really good pastrami brisket , bears being a smokehouse example, but that will NEVER work in an instapot. It’s a 10 day process and a low and slow smoke and then a cook after .

Reaction Score
We're not a Pastrami/Jewish deli city like NYC, heck NYC barely is anymore but the Pastrami is legit at the place...

Reactions: caw

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Lots of time off between our games is causing this thread to go speculation crazy, granted we have nothing else to do. Here’s a novel idea, let’s play a couple BE games and see what happens, and in the mean time take our bp medicine to make sure we survive until that game.
But you are the one who started the thread, and asking people when "our next tight game" will be begs for speculation, yes?

Reaction Score
Butler certainly won’t be any louder than Florida. You think they’re much better?

Do disrespect to Butler but we haven’t had a moment of doubt in a single game yet, against much better teams
What you say is true, but there are lots of hungry teams during conference play. That said, if we stay healthy we could just become an absolute buzzsaw.

Reaction Score

Bears does a nice one
Does this taste anything like NY deli pastrami ? Pastrami like that is pretty hard to make and it is an addiction of mine as you all know.

Reaction Score
Man! I avoided this post because of the JV title and missed the best spitting contest in a long time.
Karen had an absolute meltdown and called someone who was being polite the Karen! It really was something to see. The alluding to never playing on a championship team (implying they have) was the cherry on top

Got triggered and went into a blind rage, swinging at everyone within arms reach lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom