Our Next Tight Game | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Our Next Tight Game

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
This board can be very clique based, and when you are new ppl tend to ignore your points. I know how that feels. For that reason, I'd like to extend an offer to @Hype Cat to make an alliance. Do you accept?
life is 'clique based.' loosely, the fading one here are the '11's.'
check for 'ur 11's are up' from the flick cocoon, iirc.
im hoping that the current success of the sports teams drives a bunch of new traffic here to support their business, and freshen up the air as well.
of course, my interest in the wb has cratered recently, since management there, with a straight face, included 'forfeit' in their deep doodoo analysis for choices of the last game.
forfeit?
maxresdefault.jpg

of course, i ain't joining nuthin. i got my own posse. it's called life.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Despite my previous posts on this I think Butler keeps it within a few buckets for 30 minutes or so but we wear them down and win by 12-15 similar to Bama.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Okay but I’m just not seeing why people are circling the Butler game in particular as some scary game. I’m not sure people are appreciating just how dominant we have been. Maybe I’m just seeing too much 2009 in this team

we have 1 win in our last 10 Conference openers. That in and of itself is scary without talking about opponent, and not every team we had that lost in that streak was a bad one

Hinkle is a tough place to play, Butler has been playing well, and I believe that Thad Matta is a really good college basketball coach.

I look forward to seeing this one play out. It is a challenge. We've been up to the task for every one we've taken on so far. Let's hope it continues. But I don't take it as a foregone conclusion.

Last edited:

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
I don't like this topic at all...but I'll post anyway. ANY game, and maybe the one against Butler on Saturday, can be a close game. This is part of what makes college basketball so exciting to watch. There is the element of the unknown, and how a wide range of factors will play out on game night. No guesses here as to when our next (first) nailbiter might be, but I'm thinking it might not be so bad to have one...and come out on the winning side, of course.

Reaction Score
They have to want to be welcomed or helped on board.
Helped on board??? On board what, a BB forum or the He Man ship? Am I in danger of a slip and fall if I should attempt to ‘board’ on my own? I need your assistance?
This is seriously disturbing , even from a trolling perspective.

Reaction Score
Okay but I’m just not seeing why people are circling the Butler game in particular as some scary game. I’m not sure people are appreciating just how dominant we have been. Maybe I’m just seeing too much 2009 in this team
"Not sure people are appreciating how dominant" .... got a short memory clearly

Purdue has been dominant, bullied Gonzaga and Duke...last week went into Nebraska and escaped in overtime
Virginia beats Baylor and Illinois, only escapes JMU by 5 points.

Yes, UConn has been dominant, but these other dominant teams have had their 'oh ' games...pair that with UConn being 1-9 in conference openers in the past ten years...pair that with Butler trending up, being home, and having a historically good coach back....it seems more than rational to have this game on the radar.

Reaction Score
life is 'clique based.' loosely, the fading one here are the '11's.'
check for 'ur 11's are up' from the flick cocoon, iirc.
im hoping that the current success of the sports teams drives a bunch of new traffic here to support their business, and freshen up the air as well.
of course, my interest in the wb has cratered recently, since management there, with a straight face, included 'forfeit' in their deep doodoo analysis for choices of the last game.
forfeit?
maxresdefault.jpg

of course, i ain't joining nuthin. i got my own posse. it's called life.
uhhh you weren't invited to the alliance...

Reaction Score
This board can be very clique based, and when you are new ppl tend to ignore your points. I know how that feels. For that reason, I'd like to extend an offer to @Hype Cat to make an alliance. Do you accept?
You got it BW!

Reaction Score
I know it’s a confusing time for you and the squad, wondering why a straight female would want anything to do with you (therefore there must be something wrong with them) but believe me when I say - I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU. Your attacks like this one are passive/aggressive and unwanted and unprovoked. Trust me on this one sparky.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Y’all are some battle cats.

Work must be slow today

Reaction Score
You guys need to slow down. A top 5 UConn team will get everyone's best effort. Why can't we just worry about Butler?
This is the Boneyard and we’re FANatics, dangerous combination.

Reaction Score
we have 1 win in our last 10 Conference openers. That in and of itself is scary without talking about opponent, and not every team we had that lost in that streak was a bad one
I don’t buy historical arguments. Every team every year is different; especially this one.
Hinkle is a tough place to play, Butler has been playing well, and I believe that Thad Matta is a really good college basketball coach.
No doubt that Matta is probably a good coach, but their list of wins is not impressive. We have certainly proved a whole hell of a lot more than they have thus far.

Reaction Score

I look forward to seeing this one play out. It is a challenge. We've been up to the task for every one we've taken on so far. Let's hope it continues. But I don't take it as a foregone conclusion.

One of my least favorites was the Marquette opener on the road in ‘05-‘06.

Team was ranked #2, 11-0, and it was Marcus Williams’s return from suspension. I believe Lebron was court side with Donyell. Everyone was anticipating a machine.

Instead Steve Novak scored 41 and they got blitzed.

August_West

Reaction Score
I don’t buy historical arguments. Every team every year is different; especially this one.

No doubt that Matta is probably a good coach, but their list of wins is not impressive. We have certainly proved a whole hell of a lot more than they have thus far.
Of course we have. We’ve proven a lot more than every team in college basketball thus far ( Purdue has a case in that statement, but that’s it ). But that is past , challenge is ahead. No matter how good we are ( and we are FF good. there, I said it) we will run into something we don’t like at some point . It’s not fatalistic, ( although I have that in me, no doubt, I’m a jets fan lol) , it’s just statistical probability. BigErn just mentioned one that was really a kick in the nuts in a very similar spot. I don’t look to lose, I relish watching us in “ spots” . this is a “ spot” , at Florida was a “ spot” . How we respond in “spots” is what I’m after win or lose. It tests our mettle and NC worthiness. In my mind ( league opener, target on our back, well coached opposition, road game…etc…. Etc….) this is a bigger “ spot” to watch with this team than Nova at home after Xmas. I know casuals may disagree with that ( and even some non casuals, I’m ok with that, it’s just my opinion).

August_West

Reaction Score
I know it’s a confusing time for you and the squad, wondering why a straight female would want anything to do with you (therefore there must be something wrong with them) but believe me when I say - I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU. Your attacks like this one are passive/aggressive and unwanted and unprovoked. Trust me on this one sparky.
Trigger Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
Lots of time off between our games is causing this thread to go speculation crazy, granted we have nothing else to do. Here’s a novel idea, let’s play a couple BE games and see what happens, and in the mean time take our bp medicine to make sure we survive until that game.

Reaction Score
Lots of time off between our games is causing this thread to go speculation crazy, granted we have nothing else to do. Here’s a novel idea, let’s play a couple BE games and see what happens, and in the mean time take our bp medicine to make sure we survive until that game.

So what do you want to talk about?

Reaction Score
Of course we have. We’ve proven a lot more than every team in college basketball thus far ( Purdue has a case in that statement, but that’s it ). But that is past , challenge is ahead. No matter how good we are ( and we are FF good. there, I said it) we will run into something we don’t like at some point . It’s not fatalistic, ( although I have that in me, no doubt, I’m a jets fan lol) , it’s just statistical probability. BigErn just mentioned one that was really a kick in the nuts in a very similar spot. I don’t look to lose, I relish watching us in “ spots” . this is a “ spot” , at Florida was a “ spot” . How we respond in “spots” is what I’m after win or lose. It tests our mettle and NC worthiness. In my mind ( league opener, target on our back, well coached opposition, road game…etc…. Etc….) this is a bigger “ spot” to watch with this team than Nova at home after Xmas. I know casuals may disagree with that ( and even some non casuals, I’m ok with that, it’s just my opinion).
I mean sure that’s all fine, we can disagree and hope for a win either way. We all know anything can happen in CBB. I’m certainly not expecting us to coast to a 20 point win. Maybe our definitions of a “tight” game differ.

Reaction Score
Post/avatar

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom